Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

I see your point Drum.

I've successful 3D printed a number of fans for motors that have worked quite well.
As long as there is a bit of shaft to attach to, can offer the same here.

If money is no issue than take the Hacker Q150 the controller works at maximum 60volts and the motor has a diameter of 150 mm and weight arround 2,5 kg, at the moment i am pulling 14kw out of it.QST150-rueckansicht-elektromotor-industrie.jpg

I didn't know about that motor. Thanks.

Just talked to the salesman. $3500 with the proper controller.

I was planning to build an e-moto using a crf250 frame and an Emrax motor. They have a 188mm motor good for 30kw continuous 70 kW peak.
Plettenberg also do a compact motor good for 30+ hp from memory.
Both are very expensive but super high end.

Here are some pics of the motors fitted to the batch i have received, are they the same?
I was told that these are the NEW motor!

Attachments

• IMG_8134.JPG
    IMG_8134.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 4,278
  • IMG_8137.JPG
    IMG_8137.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 4,278
  • IMG_8135.JPG
    IMG_8135.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 4,278
  • IMG_8136.JPG
    IMG_8136.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 4,278
That is interesting, does your motor have a serial number?
These bikes start with 20171020 which appears to be the build date then 100+
Except one that is 029...

These bikes feel like they have a programmed secondary setting like a carby bike.
The torque/current may be limited under a certain speed then it changes over to a high setting?
You can feel it change over when slowly increasing the throttle.

The throttle is cable too which is something that my other e-bikes don’t have.
Top speed for the 60v was 81km and 48v reaches 63km

I got 34kms of bush trail riding out of the 48v battery whilst the 60v still had 53% left.

Aebrennan said:
Here is the first part of our test bikes in action more to come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFBLHOIZHxM#action=share

Could you tells us how the dif. forks feel, wich one feel better?
Will love to see Stealth vs this bike in comparison. How are they from dead stop, wich one feels more powerful?

Test rode this ebike for several days a couple weeks ago. Finally got around to posting a review. https://electricbike-blog.com/2017/12/12/welcome-to-the-new-age-of-affordable-electric-motorcross-testing-the-sur-ron-60v-32ah-dirt-bike/ if you have any questions PM me directly. Thanks.

Posted this in the US group buy thread. Needs to be here too.

Well, I found it at Luna. Should of bought direct from Sur-ron. Doesn't look like much savings as it is listed at $3,300 and $160 shipping. $3,460 is not bad, just $400 more than I was quoted by Sur-ron. I guess you do get support and not having to do a direct transfer to a Chinese bank gives you some piece of mind. As always Luna is great at doing upgrades for their products. Looks like there are going to be some options coming.
https://lunacycle.com/luna-sur-ron-dirt-mx-ebike/
ODAY THIS BIKE IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR ACTIVE USERS ON FAST ELECTRIC BIKE FB Page

LUNA is first once again to bring a brilliant product to market

This is the newest version of this bike with a new motor with better heat fins, more power, and significantly quieter than the first prototypes seen online.

For Off Road Use Only!

Not legal in all 50 states.

Suprise! Luna and Sur Ron have partnered to offer an awesome dirt bike to the North American public.

Read one review on the Sur Ron from Ev Nerds here

Check out the review on electricbike-blog.com (coming soon)

We will ship with the speed limited to 20mph which could be argued is street legal but we do not recommend riding it on the street since street riding is dangerous. WE recommend you do not remove the speed limiter because with the speed limiter off the Sur-Ron will do 45mph.

If you do not want your bike shipped with the limiter please specify your bike is for racing in your order notes and you want speed limiter removed

There has been a lot of excitement about the release of the Sur-Ron bike for good reason.

This bike is 50 and even 100cc honda killer... the ultimate little dirt bike perfect for young or inexperienced riders...but also good for just about everyone (great xmas present which you can use yourself)

This electric mini motorcycle is fast, reliable, giant range, and built at a quality that we have never seen before for an EV out of China.

Sur Ron and Luna have secretly been working on developing this product for the North America market and Luna is the exclusive North American Dealer for this product.

Luna will also be announcing some exciting new upgrades which will only be available to people who buy their Sur Ron from us. Also we will support the product from here in the USA getting you any warranty replacement parts you might need shipped direct from California.

This bike is built like a tank and we are confident it will provide years of reliable service.

It has one of the best constructed battery packs ever offered in a small EV....

This bike is easy to customize and upgrade... the performance upgrades are limiteless from the battery to the controller. We think this motor can handle easily 12,000 watts with a fov sine wave controller, and we will be soon offering that as an upgrade kit.

We will be offering an easy to install pedal kit in the next few weeks.

This bike has the capacity to be the ultimate hot rod ebike.

Other Features:

Quick swappable battery pack (we will be offering extra batteries shortly)

Fast 3 hour charging
Sur_Ron-7__91253.1513042993.1280.1280.jpg

I'm liking the concept but what kind of dudes make a dirt bike with no front fender - I mean they must not ride in the dirt at all....

dirkdiggler said:
Well, I found it at Luna. Should of bought direct from Sur-ron. Doesn't look like much savings as it is listed at $3,300 and $160 shipping. $3,460 is not bad, just $400 more than I was quoted by Sur-ron. I guess you do get support and no

Not legal in all 50 states.

Other Features:

Quick swappable battery pack (we will be offering extra batteries shortly)

Fast 3 hour charging

Warranty? Parts access?

scrambler said:
As mentioned in the Luna text:
" Also we will support the product from here in the USA getting you any warranty replacement parts you might need shipped direct from California."

Stock? Heck some Bafang parts are still hard to get...
Warranty period? 30 days? 1 year? Labor?

[youtube]ccD4ItbExfM[/youtube]

I want to race these things so Bad !!! It would be so Fun !!!!

Young guys with skills would be awesome to watch. Downhill dudes would be amazing !!!

I had some friends who used that motor spinning props, and the efficiency was sad and heating was sad, but it did work for while.
They went to a Joby motor and it ended up having half the losses.

With motors its tough to know if it's the motor that sucks or the motor/controller combo that sucks, so some controller they didn't test may work out fine on it.

bionicon said:
If money is no issue than take the Hacker Q150 the controller works at maximum 60volts and the motor has a diameter of 150 mm and weight arround 2,5 kg, at the moment i am pulling 14kw out of it.QST150-rueckansicht-elektromotor-industrie.jpg

Get some street tires on that thing, a decent head light, and some pedals and you have a strong competitor for the motoped.

Back