LMX P2 : Freeride trials motorcycle frame development

Because our battery only has one exit port I would suggest to use a single port BMS.

We do have a few here but none available for sale as we like to keep a few for warranty.
50-60A continuous and 150A peak is required, the BMS cut out should be over the controller max peak amps to prevent cut-outs during high load situations.

Btw your kit is almost ready, we just wait for some sprokets that are out of stock currently.
Adam

bzhwindtalker said:
Because our battery only has one exit port I would suggest to use a single port BMS.

We do have a few here but none available for sale as we like to keep a few for warranty.
50-60A continuous and 150A peak is required, the BMS cut out should be over the controller max peak amps to prevent cut-outs during high load situations.

Btw your kit is almost ready, we just wait for some sprokets that are out of stock currently.
Adam

Exciting times! Yes i was going to get an 80a continuous /160a peak bms so there is some 'wriggle' room.
Thanks for the update, and also for the heads up on getting single port bms.

brumbrum said:
Exciting times! Yes i was going to get an 80a continuous /160a peak bms so there is some 'wriggle' room.

Did you decide on the controller you want to run?

As I am preparing the wiring cover and it is different depending if you want to install a 121 controller under the seat (front, short cover) or 151-181 under the subframe (to the rear, longer cover).

Please let me know

Adam

bzhwindtalker said:
brumbrum said:

Did you decide on the controller you want to run?

As I am preparing the wiring cover and it is different depending if you want to install a 121 controller under the seat (front, short cover) or 151-181 under the subframe (to the rear, longer cover).

Please let me know

Adam

I've purchased the 181. I was hoping it would fit under the seat, but obviously not. Will it still be sheltered from rain when under the subframe?

Will it still be sheltered from rain when under the subframe?

ask a waterproof option , i think they will fill with compound , it makes it very waterproof , will be a bit more heavy and maybe it warms up a bit more but i had no issues with mine Monday while pushing to limits for about 3 hours

maitilupas said:

ask a waterproof option , i think they will fill with compound , it makes it very waterproof , will be a bit more heavy and maybe it warms up a bit more but i had no issues with mine Monday while pushing to limits for about 3 hours

can you let me know what battery set up do you have?
and max speed?

maitilupas said:

Copper gasket sealant will be easy to apply in screw holes and on cover edges. Not an issue to do myself, but i would still prefer that the controller is tucked neatly somewhere. I will just go on Adams recommendation.... I think he knows best.

BCTECH said:
can you let me know what battery set up do you have?
and max speed?

20s12p 42ah Sanyo GA, BMS Can handle 80 continuous and 160 peak.
in torque mode i reach 60kmh using 219 rear sprocket with 90t and 12t front sprocket.
in balance or speed mode i can reach 70kmh

Im using a kelly KBS 72151E rated for 80 continuous 160 peak , and it shows these readings in the batt-man display, the kelly is pretty accurate in that.

heres an image
29258312_10155977366621013_6850219038912544768_o.jpg

I could fit the kelly in the same place of the previous smaller KBSX so i dont need to use it under the rear frame , but had to tight it with zip ties , i can show another picture later of that

brumbrum said:
Copper gasket sealant will be easy to apply in screw holes and on cover edges. Not an issue to do myself, but i would still prefer that the controller is tucked neatly somewhere. I will just go on Adams recommendation.... I think he knows best.

Im using this new controller with waterproof option because the previous one got water inside , it had sealant in the wires and the holes but got water inside somehow trough the wires and damaged the controller, not taking the same risk again in that sense

We added a good cover for the mud and wter projections, also the controller mounting is upside down, if water enters it will be away from the board. Humidity can still be an issue, but we ride in muddy or rainy conditions quite a lot.

Adam

Here is how the 181 controllers fit on the frame and the rear protection fitted to your frame.

We have added tabs for controller mounting on the 161-H frames but your subframe was already made. So controller can fit with special tabs I cut from the same material as the mudguards.

IMG_20180329_155838_compressed.jpg
IMG_20180329_160050_compressed.jpg
IMG_20180329_160207_compressed.jpg

Adam

Hoo hoo! Getting over excited here :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted: It looks perfect. Nice mud guard extension. It should keep off the welsh sheep poo perfectly. The frame looks awesome. 8)

These plastics are looking good! What material are they made out of? PP?

file.php

Are you still using the RST killah? and if yes, what do you think of the quality? I am considering RST Stitch, which are 180mm single crown versions of the same fork, but don't want something crappy

Thanks
Andy

We've been using some for more than one year now, we also used the stitch on two bikes, in both 180 and 160mm.

The sealed cartridge works well, however factory greasing is not ideal and small bump sensitivity fades quicker than a Rockshox for exemple. But replace the grease with some oil on the foam rings and it's much better. The matte black looks much better than the shiny versions. I wish they would improve the graphics, not super found of them.

For the Killah two springs are available from the factory.

I'm very happy with the 160 stitch on our S-pedelec prototype. I'm runing 85 PSI with no volume tokens, compression fully open.
here two small videos of forks in action :

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SgEbMQX9BJJqsw052
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WzMBNvZnmYncccXV2

killahresize.jpg
resizekillah.jpg
IMG_20180405_152300.jpg
IMG_20180322_163317.jpg
IMG_20180319_083943.jpg

Stephan at the German office is very responsive if you need spares of custom setup.

Price/performance is very hard to beat, but depending on what you want (oem use or personnal use) Suntour durolux (36mm) / rux (38mm) is also a good option. On eurobike 2016 we talked to German suntour guys but they did not want to sell the rux for ebike use. Maybe it changed now.

My apologies for put here this question

The frame kit and the rolling chassis is or can be road legal?

Or only the complete bike can have that certification?

The road certification is valued for all the country's in European union?

Thanks in advance

bzhwindtalker said:
We've been using some for more than one year now, we also used the stitch on two bikes, in both 180 and 160mm.

The sealed cartridge works well, however factory greasing is not ideal and small bump sensitivity fades quicker than a Rockshox for exemple. But replace the grease with some oil on the foam rings and it's much better. The matte black looks much better than the shiny versions. I wish they would improve the graphics, not super found of them.

For the Killah two springs are available from the factory.

I'm very happy with the 160 stitch on our S-pedelec prototype. I'm runing 85 PSI with no volume tokens, compression fully open.
here two small videos of forks in action :

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SgEbMQX9BJJqsw052
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WzMBNvZnmYncccXV2

killahresize.jpg
resizekillah.jpg
IMG_20180405_152300.jpg
IMG_20180322_163317.jpg
IMG_20180319_083943.jpg

Stephan at the German office is very responsive if you need spares of custom setup.

Price/performance is very hard to beat, but depending on what you want (oem use or personnal use) Suntour durolux (36mm) / rux (38mm) is also a good option. On eurobike 2016 we talked to German suntour guys but they did not want to sell the rux for ebike use. Maybe it changed now.
I want to know more about the mid drive frame in the pictures! That thing is sick!

I'ts our prototype for LMX 64 (previousely named LMX 54)
I'ts an evolution of the 81 much cheaper to produce and with improved geometry,

The 81 can fit bigger engine and battery, but 64 uses more off the shelf parts and we can adapt better to different battery types or engine specs. 81 needs a custom battery while we can use any kind of downtube or intube battery on the 64 by tweaking the downtube if neccesary.

We also use a different controller than kelly that will enable us to have torque sensing inputs, Pas and power modes on the display, and much better parameters for fine tuning. However phase amps are limited to 95A, so max low rpm torque with current gearing is a little low compared to what we are used to.

We've been riding the first proto since December, with a frame modification in February for an improved integration of the wiring and controller. We are now working on a second proto with tweaked geometry and integrating the torque sensor. Our goal is to make 5 of those bikes this year to get a maximum of test data.

Hi Adam
What are the hall and phase wire 'colour' combinations between the kelly controller and the lmx motor? Do they all match or do any need swapping around?
Thanks
Andrew

bzhwindtalker said:

The 81 can fit bigger engine and battery, but 64 uses more off the shelf parts and we can adapt better to different battery types or engine specs. 81 needs a custom battery while we can use any kind of downtube or intube battery on the 64 by tweaking the downtube if neccesary.

We also use a different controller than kelly that will enable us to have torque sensing inputs, Pas and power modes on the display, and much better parameters for fine tuning. However phase amps are limited to 95A, so max low rpm torque with current gearing is a little low compared to what we are used to.

We've been riding the first proto since December, with a frame modification in February for an improved integration of the wiring and controller. We are now working on a second proto with tweaked geometry and integrating the torque sensor. Our goal is to make 5 of those bikes this year to get a maximum of test data.

Very nice looking design for a small block, and still have it lightweight enough to whip it around! Well done. Let me know when they are on pre order or website!

skeetab5780 said:
bzhwindtalker said:

Very nice looking design for a small block, and still have it lightweight enough to whip it around! Well done. Let me know when they are on pre order or website!

+1 really like the new motored pedal bike design, more modular and looks great.. any eta on serial production and price range?? will there be a frame kit option with electronics (to lower the price, I already have the bike parts, wheels, brakes, suspension, etc..) I'm guessing its speed pedelec for the european market, will there be a throttle option for off-road and usa market?? keep up the great work:) 8)

Back