Albatros enduro bike.

xiteamxi said:
sweet build, what mill are you making the parts on? specs?

You can see the pictures here: http://www.cnc-club.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=18716

Yermommy said:
What kind of metal did you make the frame out of? I'm going to make something like this soon but am not sure what type of metal to use. Thanks.
This alloy Al-Mg (AMG6), alloys 5xxx series, but there is no direct analogue of the American. I do not have easy access to heat treatment, and this alloy outperforms the tabulated characteristics of the thermally not reinforced 6061. Just laid a little extra weight for more rigidity

aluminievye-splavy-serii-5xxx.gif

ferum said:
xiteamxi said:
sweet build, what mill are you making the parts on? specs?

You can see the pictures here: http://www.cnc-club.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=18716

great work love that table with all the t slots you used, grade A build no doubt!

SlowCo said:
:shock:
WOW!
What a beautiful frame 8)
Keep going and updating this thread. :wink:

I concur doctor! Looking very nice!

Amazing work on the frame and the CNC Mill. Are the specs on that mill on on that forum you linked? I'd love to know more about it. I can see how google translate does with that text.

Also, how did you make those 2 main brackets that the seat and tube are welded to? Looks like you may have machined then bent them or they are possibly weldments that you smoothed out.

I hope you are making a living with your skills!

so fun to watch this, thanks for the pics

Amazing frame design and welding. That frame ain't never gonna twist or flex no matter what motor you anchor down and what peak power you experience. Whoops, jumps, potholes or vertical drops, it does not matter for this frame.

pure perfection. the bike created by the person who rides and loves riding. the last project which impressed that much was dogati.
keep going bro.

Ferum, I have a small manual mill that I converted to a 3 axis CNC. I can appreciate the many many hours required to produce the level of parts you are making. I am a big fan of tool path marks! I completely underestimated the amount of time for just fixturing for example.

I do a little TIG work on aluminium as well (6061) and can say from experience it takes some time to reach your level of craftsmanship.

Well done sir, very inspirational!

Back