Why 750w costs less than 1000w BBSHD?

EmmaRose

1 µW
Seen on Amazon.
750w BBSHD $715
1000w BBSHD $1050
Why the difference in price?
Can one not simply program the 750w from 25 amp to 30 amp and presto - a 1000w BBSHD!!
Or - am I missing something?

No Clue but $1050 is way high for BBSHD. Amazon isn't always the right place to shop. Check out other sellers like Luna.

My actual question was, why the difference in price when, if I understand correctly, a 750w is identical to a 1000w.
Only difference is the 750w is programmed to be a 1000w.
Am I correct?

Is there a chance that the lower priced unit was a BBS02?

Are the kits you are looking at including the battery pack? Or just the drive unit kit?

As you say, the BBSHD can be programmed for the current limit so there is no difference between one programmed for 750W or 1000W. If the kit includes the same options, the price should be the same. Luna sells the BBSHD for $625 US. (base price) If you upgrade things and add stuff it can be more.

I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago. Seems like there could be issues even when buying the version marked 1000W, depending on the vendor.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=97892

Mine goes way over 1000W with 52V and 30A but I never push it like that. But I did once to see what it would do.

Price targeting, it's a strategy to make more money than if you sold everything at one price.

Volt_Ampere said:
Mine goes way over 1000W with 52V and 30A but I never push it like that. But I did once to see what it would do.

52V x 30A =1560 Watts.....

KINNINVIEKID said:
Volt_Ampere said:

52V x 30A =1560 Watts.....

I know I * V - I am an EE. (Volt_Ampere) The setting that you have to limit power is the current limit and the power limit will then depend on your battery voltage. I have only tried full throttle a couple times and the power went well over 1200W on my display and the bike took off with a lot of thrust. So I know I have way more power than I will ever need for normal riding. Nice to know it's there though. There is no such thing as too much power or "too much fun" (Bill Kirchen)

Back