E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Went with Hi-C for my replacement pack. Put down payment on 20s 12p. Was going to go with 20s 14p like big boars but wanted little bit more room for padding. I I believe 36ah should be enough for my commute 42 miles round trip. I used to pull 8ah to
12ah each way pedaling hard the whole time with average speeds of 36mph. Battery comes with 1 year warranty.

FL bomber said:
Went with Hi-C for my replacement pack. Put down payment on 20s 12p. Was going to go with 20s 14p like big boars but wanted little bit more room for padding. I I believe 36ah should be enough for my commute 42 miles round trip. I used to pull 8ah to
12ah each way pedaling hard the whole time with average speeds of 36mph. Battery comes with 1 year warranty.

I can't wait to find out how it works out. 36ah sounds enormous. What will the dimensions be?

Theodore Voltaire said:
FL bomber said:
What cells are in stealth new pack? How do they fit 22s? Must not be using 18650

I think this is what's going on FL, the home builders are making more compact battery packs by gluing cells directly to each other, but manufacturers are unwilling to to do that. They apprantly insist on using a frame that separates the cells from each other for safety reasons, but that makes the physical size of the whole pack larger. Even the chinese factory's, that get no respect, are unwiling to glue the cells directly to each other.

There are still MANY China builders gluing cells, to fit more cells into a case.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I've contacted a Chinese factory in darkest china. Doing a little better this time than with the last one. This is what he's recommending, except they will custom build the size to

370x140x140 mm
LG 3400mAh 18650 3.7v Cell
150A peak, 80A continuous bms
I'm not sure about the price, but maybe $1250 shipped

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/72V-40AH-electric-bike-Lithium-battery-for-3000W-4000W-Motor-72V-E-bike-Li-ion-battery/202225_32919737249.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.43.320b171ctBZoZY
BOOANT? No feedback and this....

Attachments

• luna.jpg
    luna.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 1,364
FL bomber said:
A really standup builder. Active on ES Facebook and freely helping builders without making a sale. Patrick is one of the good guys!

Tomjasz that's great to hear.. peace of mind going to get properly built pack. Good people reasonably priced and made in the USA.
Awesome.
Theo the dimensions of pack 360*135*115.5mm. The BMS
Dimensions 102*138*12mm. Will be external from pack but heat shrink wrapped. Pack will be 72v36ah 30Q 2505wh
180 Peak current 100a BMS 72v5a charger.

FL bomber said:
Tomjasz that's great to hear.. peace of mind going to get properly built pack. Good people reasonably priced and made in the USA.
Awesome.
Theo the dimensions of pack 360*135*115.5mm. The BMS
Dimensions 102*138*12mm. Will be external from pack but heat shrink wrapped. Pack will be 72v36ah 30Q 2505wh
180 Peak current 100a BMS 72v5a charger.

That should work. OMG FL 36ah will be heaven. I guess the plan is to lay the bms on top of the battery, which shouldn't be a problem with those dimensions. I can't wait to see your pictures. I have a fresh zero interest credit card coming that's going to be deticated to a battery purchase, so once you declare it a success I'm ordering next.

FL bomber said:
The XLR charge port pinout for bomber is pinout 3 positive and pinout 1 is negative Is this correct?

Stealth doesn't follow the typical XLR wiring. Normally the #2 pin would be positive, but not on our bikes. FL, be sure and double check your new charger polarity before hooking it up to your bike.

I ordered a spare charger from china, and although they wired it the standard way, it was actually reversed from my bike, but luckily I checked and corrected it before trying it.

Stealth-XLR.png

Theodore the BMS came in two days ago. Should be couple more weeks to assemble pack. The picture of XLR pinout that you put up it is for the bomber correct?

Looking for new front rim for my bomber. What is the make of stealth new 24 inch rims? I have one of their new rims on the rear it seems much beefier than their older style rims.

FL bomber said:
Theodore the BMS came in two days ago. Should be couple more weeks to assemble pack. The picture of XLR pinout that you put up it is for the bomber correct?

Yes, that picture matches my 2013 Bomber, and my son's 2015 B52

FL bomber said:
Looking for new front rim for my bomber. What is the make of stealth new 24 inch rims? I have one of their new rims on the rear it seems much beefier than their older style rims.

I love my 24 x 65mm double wall rims. with rims this size you have a lot better choice of tires in the 24" size. The stock spokes fit the rear.

http://www.robsson.de/en/

aaa.jpg

Harley is starting to think about it. I can see possibility's. I want a big hub motor, and pedals.

Harley-Electric-bike.jpg

https://hiconsumption.com/2019/01/harley-davidson-electric-concept-bikes/

Take it from someone who lives around the factory and in a part of the country where HD shops are a big presence. HD has been into electric design for more than a decade. Not starting, rather they’ve been watching the economics. Or so an HD engineer reports. But if reliability follows their pattern, I’ll stick to building.

tomjasz said:
Take it from someone who lives around the factory and in a part of the country where HD shops are a big presence. HD has been into electric design for more than a decade. Not starting, rather they’ve been watching the economics. Or so an HD engineer reports. But if reliability follows their pattern, I’ll stick to building.

I resemble that remark, owning a Harley made me the mechanic I am today :lol: :wink:

Rix said:
tomjasz said:

I resemble that remark, owning a Harley made me the mechanic I am today :lol: :wink:

Eggs Ackley!

tomjasz said:
Rix said:
tomjasz said:

Eggs Ackley!

We really need like tabs on our post, this comment deserves 5 likes.

I don't think it's so much about Harley watching the market for the right time, as it is Harley doesn't have a clue about electric bikes. The LiveWire is yuck. When you know what you're doing you create the market. When you don't know, you wait around for someone else to do it. I'm pretty sure when the first Bomber was made all the other manufacturers thought there wasn't a market for it. Stealth created their niche.

What Harley should do is toss the mid drive idea, and build a Stealth Bomber spec bike that looks exactly like this bike, and call it the XRe They would instantly become a major player the high performance electric bicycle, street market. A niche currently owned exclusively by Stealth. Equipped with a VBoxx, or even better, a Harley billet 10 speed pedal gear box (probably commissioned). $15,000 or more list price. If it was guaranteed to go 50 mph, and had a 30 ah battery you know you'd be making excuses to go by the Harley shop for a look.

Harley-Electric-bike.jpg

Seriously! You truly believe HD CFO, CEO, and corporate staff are that shallow?

HD had a scooter long before scooters were cool. HD has been poking at electric for at least 20 years. The market is only now waking up. But given it’s filled with low price leaders, who’d not evaluate the market with patience and control. Maybe Sondors showed them run of the mill eBike buyers are clueless tight wads. I swear bot my Sondors buddies have their First Communion money. ALMOST TRUE. :wink:

tomjasz said:
Seriously! You truly believe HD CFO, CEO, and corporate staff are that shallow?

HD had a scooter long before scooters were cool. HD has been poking at electric for at least 20 years. The market is only now waking up. But given it’s filled with low price leaders, who’d not evaluate the market with patience and control. Maybe Sondors showed them run of the mill eBike buyers are clueless tight wads. I swear bot my Sondors buddies have their First Communion money. ALMOST TRUE. :wink:

I hope Harley will eventually hire the right people, but electrics are going to be a huge challenge. Harley hasn't had a successful bike in the last 70 years that wasn't a big twin or sportster. If Harley manages to succeed with electrics i doubt the inspiration will come for Willey G, and company.

Back