E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

My bombers new pack is assembled. 72v36ah 30Q 20s12p.
The bombers battery discharge connector is a Anderson SB 50 correct? Charge connectors are Anderson power-pole 45a correct? I need to confirm this with Patrick at Hi-C battery.

FL bomber said:
My bombers new pack is assembled. 72v36ah 30Q 20s12p.
The bombers battery discharge connector is a Anderson SB 50 correct? Charge connectors are Anderson power-pole 45a correct? I need to confirm this with Patrick at Hi-C battery.

Oh boy I'll really looking forward to this FL. I don't understand about having to hook up the BMS, I hope it's easy. I got my new zero interest credit card ready to rip.

The output connector is a Anderson SB 50, but my original factory connectors were Chinese copy's of a Anderson SB 50 that wouldn't connect to a genuine Anderson SB 50. Easy enough to swap if you have the old one, or one like your new one. As long as both sides are the same brand you're good to go.

The charge connector is a Anderson 30 amp

Cowardlyduck said:
Good to see people still enjoying their first experience on a Stealth!

[youtube]uVm7DcYJSEU[/youtube]
No idea who this guy is, but his reaction is typical. :D

Cheers

I like that photoshopped wheelie on the thumbnail :lol:

I think I'll go zoomy this year.

Cruiser-bars-Stealth-felt.jpg

My bike has been up on the lift since before Christmas. Maintenance, minor face lift. and a new battery are on the agenda. The original battery served me well for 5 years, and over 10,000 miles. I'm sure it lived a hellish life inside that metal box in 100 degree Texas heat. It was pretty saggy last year, but I could still count on over 45 mph most of the time, but even hot off the charger it would suck down to almost 69v with full throttle.

When I first bought the Electronaut the thought of paying 2700 for a stock battery made me break out into a cold sweat, but I told myself that by the time I'll need one the prices would come down. Did they? I think they have.

Theodore Voltaire said:
My bike has been up on the lift since before Christmas. Maintenance, minor face lift. and a new battery are on the agenda. The original battery served me well for 5 years, and over 10,000 miles. I'm sure it lived a hellish life inside that metal box in 100 degree Texas heat. It was pretty saggy last year, but I could still count on over 45 mph most of the time, but even hot off the charger it would suck down to almost 69v with full throttle.

When I first bought the Electronaut the thought of paying 2700 for a stock battery made me break out into a cold sweat, but I told myself that by the time I'll need one the prices would come down. Did they? I think they have.

My battery is a year older than yours, and its still hanging in there. I think I have gotten away with an additional year because early on, I had replaced the stock motors with higher stater turn count motors thus increasing efficiency when taking off or climbing hills at the price of less top speed.

I think I'll get a new shock while I'm at it, and I want to lower it at least an inch. Stock looks like about 289mm eye to eye, and based of my measurements 285mm would drop it a little over an inch.

I don't really need all that travel for street riding. I think my Sportster only has 3" or less

I haven't bought any motorcycle shocks in a long time. Looks like now there's only really cheap ones, and really expensive ones, and no much in between.

I'm thinking 11 inches, 280mm

It looks like it's hard to find a 750 lb spring. Most mono shocks I see are either 1000 or 1200 lb, or they're 500 or less.

TV just watch out you don't alter the geometry too much. When I changed the forks on my Fighter from 180mm to 200mm it somehow caused my cranks to start hitting the ground a lot more. Replacing the rear shock with a longer DNM solved it for me and ultimately I went back to 180mm forks anyway.

I would check how close your cranks are to the ground at the lowest point before dropping the bike too far.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
TV just watch out you don't alter the geometry too much. When I changed the forks on my Fighter from 180mm to 200mm it somehow caused my cranks to start hitting the ground a lot more. Replacing the rear shock with a longer DNM solved it for me and ultimately I went back to 180mm forks anyway.

I would check how close your cranks are to the ground at the lowest point before dropping the bike too far.

Cheers

Thanks for reminding me CD, that's definitely a concern, especially if the suspension ever bottoms out. So far that's never been an issue riding in my cement jungle, but there's no guarantee a new shorter shock will be so lucky.

I think I'll buy a low budget shock first, and find out it the length works, and what kind of spring it needs. Any time I can switch back to stock if need be.

I'm going to try this one, it's 10mm shorter than stock. 180 vs 190. That's really only a little over 3/8" but because of the angle of the dangle, and the heat of the meat and all, it lowers the seat height about 1 1/4 unladen. I'm thinking if the 850 lb spring is too strong, the stock spring will fit.

s-l1600.jpg

Can’t you just buy a shorter version of what your already using? Dnm shocks are dirt cheap compared to any name brand bicycle shocks..... you could also go air shock for complete adjustability.

Tom

litespeed said:
Can’t you just buy a shorter version of what your already using? Dnm shocks are dirt cheap compared to any name brand bicycle shocks..... you could also go air shock for complete adjustability.

Tom

I would definitely consider an air shock, but I couldn't find one that was long enough. (180mm).

I was thinking about this one. It was a tough decision, but I didn't like the white spring. It cost $115. The other one that chose was $99

DNM.jpg

http://www.dnmshock.com/products-single.php?id=79

http://www.dnmshock.com/products-single.php?id=23

http://www.dnmshock.com/products-single.php?id=22

http://www.dnmshock.com/products-single.php?id=81

These are all the Dnm air shocks....available in 165mm and 190mm. You could do light pressure in the 190mm and your good to go.

Tom

Just working on my new b52. Putting lights in and noticed they use giant Anderson plugs,
View attachment 1 but what I just realised is that there is no inline fuse, or fuse at all? This normal? I'm going to install a 60 amp audio inline fuse so I can tap into the power for my head light and tail light.
Any thoughts?

That's is one big battery 😲
15480495928410.jpg

Back