GNG / CYC X1 Pro 3000w

Electron Cycles is working on the X1 with the ASI BAC 800. He seems to be very happy with it at 20S. Look forward to his final assessment in the near future. Lightning Rods has an adapter that can be used with 219 kart gears as primary. Should make experimenting with drive gears cheaper. He also lists a 75T on his site.

tinasdude said:
Electron Cycles is working on the X1 with the ASI BAC 800. He seems to be very happy with it at 20S. Look forward to his final assessment in the near future. Lightning Rods has an adapter that can be used with 219 kart gears as primary. Should make experimenting with drive gears cheaper. He also lists a 75T on his site.

BAC800 is wayyy to weak for this motor, it is a LOT weaker than the stock controller. My friend was told by CYC that he can use his 100A Sabvoton controller at 72V with the motor no problem, they just limited theirs to 65A for longevity. So the BAC2000 would be a much better fit, very close to the stock controller. But then why bother? The stock one has a much better app.

Btw most of the ratings on the BAC800 are horseshit, it is about 40 battery amps and 70-90 phase amps, there is also a power limit that puts out less amps the higher voltage pack you got, so it is just a step above a bafang motor and not even close to a cyclone controller.
Compared to that, you can get a 80-100 battery amp controller that puts out 200-250 phase amps, and CYC said it is no problem.

burner77 said:
finally I found some time for filming and editing:
https://youtu.be/YkjWWj9loX4

After a few improvemts in firmware and few testrides we compared it to the BBSHD with shut mod. Pretty impressive for his size and definetely more torque!
thanks burner!

can you show or describe the controller on the cyc motor? Jon indicated to me several weeks back that both the 72v and 52v units delivery dates were slipping a bit. sounds like you have the 52v controller?

Thanks

High Amp RC controllers ?

Many here would like to see some links to some higher amp controllers that would work with the X1 Pro.

These higher amp controllers, will they work with the/a throttle ? and new phone app for display ?

Tommm said:
Compared to that, you can get a 80-100 battery amp controller that puts out 200-250 phase amps, and CYC said it is no problem.

ScooterMan101 said:
High Amp RC controllers ?

Many here would like to see some links to some higher amp controllers that would work with the X1 Pro.

These higher amp controllers, will they work with the/a throttle ? and new phone app for display ?

Not RC controllers, their voltage is too low. You leave free power on the table by not increasing it.
I mean general ebike controllers.
The high output controllers usually don't have a worthwhile PAS, only throttle. Yes, they usually have a bluetooth app.
You can search aliexpress for either sabvoton if you want sine wave or yuyang king if you want to go cheaper with square wave. 72v 100a would probably be the sweet spot for either. I have the black 72v 80a yuyang king and will be shunting it to 100a. The x1 spins so fast(above 10k at 72v) already it doesn't make sense to go with a 96v model.

You will have to carefully design your drivetrain if you further increase the power as you are already asking a lot from the bike chain/cogs as it is. Best bet is to go with a full 219h drivetrain(like my friend and I) or do a single stage reduction on the left side, like the guys in our sister topic in this forum.

The new stock controller of CYC is 20s 65A. Thats why they delay shipments. According to CYC 65A is just for short burst, so i guess 55A will be fine for longer. Why you all talking about other controller, before testing the 20S 65A stock one? :)

LexHammer said:
The new stock controller of CYC is 20s 65A. Thats why they delay shipments. According to CYC 65A is just for short burst, so i guess 55A will be fine for longer. Why you all talking about other controller, before testing the 20S 65A stock one? :)
Did they change from having 2 seperate controllers all of a sudden to one? From what they told me on facebook, there was a 36-52V 65A version and also a 48-72V 65A version. They also said the 20S would have a b/w display and that they would offer a color display upgrade later on. I'm hoping if they do ship it with a b/w display, it's of the same functionality/design as the color one but they haven't released any pics yet of the 72v display yet.

They gave me a shipping date of April for my order.

jdev said:
LexHammer said:
Did they change from having 2 seperate controllers all of a sudden to one? From what they told me on facebook, there was a 36-52V 65A version and also a 48-72V 65A version. They also said the 20S would have a b/w display and that they would offer a color display upgrade later on. I'm hoping if they do ship it with a b/w display, it's of the same functionality/design as the color one but they haven't released any pics yet of the 72v display yet.

They gave me a shipping date of April for my order.
Didnt knew they offer 2 now. I see it in the page now. I knew they delayed the first shippments because they upgraded the controller from 60v to 72v and the factory was slow. I hope somebody can make a test on 72v 65A.

Sorry if i rant, but ive only just been told about this post - cant normally be bothered or have the time to lookly through this.
So much bullshit and guess work or just sales shit from a silly man that compared the BAC 800 to a slightly upgraded BBSHD because he can only sell the CYC standard controller.
Hes not the only person who speaks regular to Jon at CYC and im not going to name drop or or play "he says they said", nor am i going to spend my time rubbishing another controller from them.
In all honesty the 52v from cyc is probably the best budget option out there. But dont make me laugh that a sab is in the same league as ASI!!!!
But here me out.
I am the biggest UK BBSHD seller for the last two years.
I already have three cyc motors and more coming.
I make no more or less profit form either although I can get more BBSHD to sell, so really if i were biased it would be to the BBSHD.
I have an open line to ASI BAC and can buy choose any controller they have or want at trade prices.
I sell Sabvotons (well ive just stopped because Im sick of them: 1 left).
So why do I sell the BAC 800 for a BBSHD upgrade and recommend it for most cyc buyers?
Because it works really frocking well!
The BAC 800 is small and advanced. It's waterproof and super reliable. It has advanced FOC not the bbshd shite that people mod (I have a Luda at 50 A and the BAC murders it! and ive destroyed three of them and the BAC never misses a beat).
the BAC wil run 3000-3500 w continuously depending on temp, but it will easily handle 4500 in long bursts or peak short for 6500W!!!!. I run a 72v 3250 limted to 50A on a BBSHD and with my lardy 270lbs i can easily hit 45 mph with 42T front and 24T rear on 29er Hookworms - try that with a BBSHD contoller or SAB!. But do not have the balls on a skinny push bike to hold it there for long and very much doubt you do to either. This is not a Vector or Stealth frame, they are meant for push bikes - small and light.
So bow many of you are realistically going to put a whacking great 50A + battery on your bike? How many of you can actually buy one off the shelf? and where? If your a lipo user then the chances are you do need a bigger controller and hay presto we are already devoloping the 2000 for that!!
Oh, I forget to say how many volts does the BBSHD go to ? any answers? oh yes its 60V.
How frocking big is a SAb 72060 ? frocking big
How big is a SAB svmc 72100? much bigger than any controller you would ever want to put near a push bike unless its to stop it rolling down a hill.
So here is the answer:
If you want a budget set up and are sticking to 65A at 52V buy the std CYC when it comes out (i will make more money out of you this way, the BACs cost me a fortune).
If you want your BBSHD or CYC to go 72v, be compact and reliable and hit 45mph easliy (BBSHD) and 50+ (CYC) and rocket up a hill because your using low gearing, then buy the BAC 800.
If you want a crazy big or short distance battery buy something else like the BAC2000, but your bike will either die within 15 miles (smal lipo), weigh a ton (big 18650) or rip the drive train apart (more than 4500 watts).
If you have the ability to build your own 21700 battery like samsung 40T, you really dont need this post, as you should know what your doing.
If you really THINK you know it, go drag race a BBSHD at 50A with your skinny wife on it (until the Nylon gear goes) against a strangled CYC running at 50 A when the whole point is it can handle mush more (like 90A peak BAC 800)
If you want to fit he CYC to a heavy EEB frame or Vector or similar - go ahead I have no clue what will happen!

PS forgot to say my BBSHD at 72v with BAC 800 with my overweight 270lbs would murder those two 52v set ups and the cyc at 72v will destroy all of them at 60A.
Why? because a low geared bike will out accelerate a 52v system every time because of lower gearing.

Francis Janssen said:
If you really THINK you know it, go drag race a BBSHD at 50A with your skinny wife on it (until the Nylon gear goes) against a strangled CYC running at 50 A when the whole point is it can handle mush more (like 90A peak BAC 800)
If you want to fit he CYC to a heavy EEB frame or Vector or similar - go ahead I have no clue what will happen!

My friend, you are confusing phase and battery amps, there is no way the bac will pull 90a from a 72v battery, if you believe their own spec sheet: http://accelerated-systems.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/BAC-800-Product-Sheet.pdf
Motor current = phase current = somewhere around double the battery current. ~90A phase, as I wrote, will be around 50A battery. This is what the spec sheet and physics says, so if you have a CA that says 6200w, it is mis-configured.

Overall, its power is somewhere between the current 52v 50a and final 72v 65a (battrey amp) cyc controller.
The cyc controller is tiny too, has mounting options and a heat sink, so I really don't understand why you are trying to reinvent the wheel. Pairing the final x1 with an asi for sale or otherwise won't make it cheaper or faster.

If you were just having fun on it, I understand, but the way it was brought up here was that you think the 800 is the godsend that will be the perfect pairing and will save this motor, when in reality there are similar power, cheaper and better mounted (original) or much more powerful options.

Anyone who has Phase runner (upgraded Bac 800) which is only 50A max., will be able to compare it with stock 72V controller when CYC ships it out.

Francis Janssen said:

you are the best. You can also use your skinny wife.
This is one test over 10 and there is not only one option. And not every customer knows how to add a extra controller and want s to run by stock to have warranty. Some like to pedal more and do 100 km trips. Or don't have a battery which can deliver 80A. If they wants to use the CYC as stock configuration and like to pedal is fine. And also the HD is fine. Why are you speaking for all the world what is better? There is no perfect system and every concept has it own advantage and disdvantage.
And now you can tell me how many HD kits you sold in UK. If you say you are the biggest UK BBSHD seller.

Francis Janssen said:
Sorry if i rant, but ive only just been told about this post - cant normally be bothered or have the time to lookly through this.
So much bullshit and guess work or just sales shit from a silly man that compared the BAC 800 to a slightly upgraded BBSHD because he can only sell the CYC standard controller.
Hes not the only person who speaks regular to Jon at CYC and im not going to name drop or or play "he says they said", nor am i going to spend my time rubbishing another controller from them.
In all honesty the 52v from cyc is probably the best budget option out there. But dont make me laugh that a sab is in the same league as ASI!!!!
But here me out.
I am the biggest UK BBSHD seller for the last two years.
I already have three cyc motors and more coming.
I make no more or less profit form either although I can get more BBSHD to sell, so really if i were biased it would be to the BBSHD.
I have an open line to ASI BAC and can buy choose any controller they have or want at trade prices.
I sell Sabvotons (well ive just stopped because Im sick of them: 1 left).
So why do I sell the BAC 800 for a BBSHD upgrade and recommend it for most cyc buyers?
Because it works really frocking well!
The BAC 800 is small and advanced. It's waterproof and super reliable. It has advanced FOC not the bbshd shite that people mod (I have a Luda at 50 A and the BAC murders it! and ive destroyed three of them and the BAC never misses a beat).
the BAC wil run 3000-3500 w continuously depending on temp, but it will easily handle 4500 in long bursts or peak short for 6500W!!!!. I run a 72v 3250 limted to 50A on a BBSHD and with my lardy 270lbs i can easily hit 45 mph with 42T front and 24T rear on 29er Hookworms - try that with a BBSHD contoller or SAB!. But do not have the balls on a skinny push bike to hold it there for long and very much doubt you do to either. This is not a Vector or Stealth frame, they are meant for push bikes - small and light.
So bow many of you are realistically going to put a whacking great 50A + battery on your bike? How many of you can actually buy one off the shelf? and where? If your a lipo user then the chances are you do need a bigger controller and hay presto we are already devoloping the 2000 for that!!
Oh, I forget to say how many volts does the BBSHD go to ? any answers? oh yes its 60V.
How frocking big is a SAb 72060 ? frocking big
How big is a SAB svmc 72100? much bigger than any controller you would ever want to put near a push bike unless its to stop it rolling down a hill.
So here is the answer:
If you want a budget set up and are sticking to 65A at 52V buy the std CYC when it comes out (i will make more money out of you this way, the BACs cost me a fortune).
If you want your BBSHD or CYC to go 72v, be compact and reliable and hit 45mph easliy (BBSHD) and 50+ (CYC) and rocket up a hill because your using low gearing, then buy the BAC 800.
If you want a crazy big or short distance battery buy something else like the BAC2000, but your bike will either die within 15 miles (smal lipo), weigh a ton (big 18650) or rip the drive train apart (more than 4500 watts).
If you have the ability to build your own 21700 battery like samsung 40T, you really dont need this post, as you should know what your doing.

PS forgot to say my BBSHD at 72v with BAC 800 with my overweight 270lbs would murder those two 52v set ups and the cyc at 72v will destroy all of them at 60A.
Why? because a low geared bike will out accelerate a 52v system every time because of lower gearing.

Fore the battery you Think 20S 5P 21700 Samsung 40T have good deal fore 65 amps ?

is there a coupon code for the cyc site?

oefianer said:
Fore the battery you Think 20S 5P 21700 Samsung 40T have good deal fore 65 amps ?
65 amps / 5p is 13A. If you look online, each battery is good for 25A. The bms on your battery also needs to be rated higher than 65A.

Killer-B said:
is there a coupon code for the cyc site?
No

Would consider this on my Futr Beta but i dont know how it will go on long stretches.

Animalector said:
cheeko said:
Would consider this on my Futr Beta but i dont know how it will go on long stretches.

Fast... There are no corners.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have Mxus 3k with 24s and big controller so it can already handle long runs, but want to look at mid drive to be able to change tires for commute etc Beta without anything already weighs a lot.

Can you get it without controller?

I know with the Mxus 3000w it sayds 72v but i have had it up to 8000w no problems, Guess on short bursts.

I'm sure it would be same with correct controller maybe only 84v

I’ve been trying to figure out if I can put this motor on my carbon frame Specialized Stumpjumper with PF30 bottom bracket. I found a plastic SRAM adapter but conflicting information as to whether it would work.

Https://www.coloradocyclist.com/sram-bb-shell-adapter-kit-pf30-to-gxp

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is there a better way?

I think my BB is 73mm.

I also have a PF30 BB and also bought some adapters.
Not been able to test it as I'm still waiting for the kit but I assume it won't be a problem.

Why do you think it would possibly be a problem?

I bought these adapters by the way: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B019VV2FY2/

I was wondering if the adapters would work in this application as I was researching online. I found the items below but I don’t understand the bb/crankset well enough to understand if it applies. Take a look....

Description on a online store:

SRAM/TRUVATIV PF30 TO 68/73MM BB ADAPTOR
Use this adapter to convert frames built to the PF30 standard for use with crankset / bottom brackets that require English thread 68 or 73mm screw-in cups. Made of light, stiff composite.
Manufacturer part number 00.6415.049.010
Due to its design, this item must be used with crank/bottom bracket that prevents the two sides of the adaptor from separating, e.g. external bearing type cranks. Square taper / ISIS / Octalink cranks will not be compatible with this adaptor.

And this mechanic’s answer: https://www.artscyclery.com/ask-a-mechanic/ask-a-mechanic-isispf30-bottom-bracket-conversion-gluing-road-tubulars/

fire7 said:
I was wondering if the adapters would work in this application as I was researching online.
Plastic doesn't sound like a good combo with 3000+w. I would get something metal.

Back