Li-ion battery charger suggestion

Sharkpoofie said:
Hello,

I know about cycle satiator,
Well not really. A decent charger that can charge to more useful levels than 100% wil cost $80-100 minimum. Times two. Have a crap warranty, and absolutely no additional flexibility. I chocked at the price but it’s already outlived a couple of Luna $100 chargers, and several cheap fanless. Save up a bit and have a useful tool, I’ll never regrett my Satiator.

luna is not really a benchmark, its just crap aliexpress chargers with a badge you can read.

As someone who, over a two-year period bought a little over 50 each, "Not Working/For Parts" Sorensens of all input and output Voltages and currents and re-sold 33 of them, you can get lucky on Ebay. Look for a "not working" 60V/18A, 1KW PS that does not have the rear panel DB25 plug in-place. Chances are high - not 100% though) that simply making your own correctly jumpered DB25 connector and plugging it in will fix the non-working supply. I'd guess 70% of those that arrived with no DB25 were fixed by this method. I ran all my fixed supplies into my 4KW electronic load for a full 20 minutes to verify they worked. I used to be able to get the non working 1KW supplies for about $100 to $175 to my door. Not sure it's that cheap now but worth investigating.

Just an example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/T158652-Sorensen-DCS60-18-Adjustable-Power-Supply-0-60V-0-18A/333155139457?epid=726647576&hash=item4d9197ff81:g:aBoAAOSwsIFcsSEI

flippy said:
luna is not really a benchmark, its just crap aliexpress chargers with a badge you can read.
Thank you for spelling out the facts!

Yes lots of Sorensons constantly flowing through eBay, was never game to bid on a non-working one so thanks for that DB25 tip.

The Flatpacks and Huawei units look great, TDK FPS as well, worth getting a solid well engineered unit even if a lot more amps than you'll ever need.

But yes, if wanting to avoid the learning curve, cheap Chinese "lab " style, or a Satiator are valid choices, just a bit more expensive ones.

BVH said:
"Not Working/For Parts" Sorensens of all input and output Voltages and currents and re-sold 33 of them, you can get lucky on Ebay.

Problem with ebay is that shipping is usualy 150-200 usd and when you add taxes and import duties and that old quality lab PSU will cost me 400 euros. And then a 350 euro cycle satiator is not a bad deal.

I'm not ruling out buying a cycle satiator, just wanted to see what my options are and what ideas you guys have

Back