BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Interesting, so there are 3 versions available? 190413, 190418 and 190311? Rydon where did you find the 190311? I wonder if there is a .bin file for BBS02 too.

silenec said:
Interesting, so there are 3 versions available? 190413, 190418 and 190311? Rydon where did you find the 190311? I wonder if there is a .bin file for BBS02 too.

From a trusted source in China. I have forwarded it to Amberwolf.

Rydon said:
silenec said:

Can you post it here?

Things could get confusing pretty fast with so many versions. I would be nice to know what the differences are, but good enough to know which one has the fewest issues.

SuperSl0w said:
Rydon said:
silenec said:

Can you post it here?

Ok, here is a directory with all 3 versions in it. I also streamlined and edited Amberwolf's instructions to what worked for me.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gbn-wSymmHbiSqT4ZZO6lU-D223AIwEc

Rydon said:
Ok, here is a directory with all 3 versions in it. I also streamlined and edited Amberwolf's instructions to what worked for me.

Excellent! Thanks.

Rydon said:
SuperSl0w said:
Rydon said:
silenec said:

Can you post it here?

Thanks a million!

Hmm, I get the following error on a BBSHD with throttle problem:
Code:
Checking target MCU ... 
  MCU type: STC15W4K56S4
  F/W version: 7.3.5T

Current H/W Option:
  . Current system clock source is internal IRC oscillator
  . IRC frequency: 18.427MHz
  . Oscillator gain is HIGH
  . Wakeup Timer frequency: 36.720KHz
  . Do not detect the level of P3.2 and P3.3 next download
  . Power-on reset, use the general power-on delay
  . RESET pin behaves as I/O pin
  . Reset while detect a Low-Voltage
  . Thresh voltage level of the built-in LVD : 2.63 V
  . Inhibit EEPROM operation under Low-Voltage
  . CPU-Core supply level : 2.78 V
  . Hardware do not enable Watch-Dog-Timer
  . Watch-Dog-Timer pre-scalar : 256
  . Watch-Dog-Timer continue count in idle mode
  . Program can modify the Watch-Dog-Timer scalar
  . Erase user EEPROM area at next download
  . Do not control 485 at next download
  . Do not check user password next download
  . TXD is independent IO
  . TXD pin as quasi-bidirectional mode after reset
  . P2.0 output LOW level after reset
  . Testing time: 2017-3-17

. MCU type: STC15W4K56S4

MCU type is incorrect .

Has anyone tried flashing the firmware from here to this, don't want to force a wrong firmware and brick it without the correct one.

STC15W4K56S4 has 56K program ROM + 5K EEPROM = 61K.
IAP15W4K61S4 has 61K program ROM with integrated EEPROM...

CRR10E5228E1050221_190418.bin and
CRR10E4830E105001.1_190413-1.bin
have 61.443 bytes

CRR10E4830E105001.1_APP_190311.bin has 40.398 bytes

So it seems like CRR10E4830E105001.1_APP_190311.bin is the only one that can be flashed on this chip anyways.
And APP also does seems to indicate only program without EEPROM.
Did those that flashed this firmware use IAP15W4K61S4 or STC15W4K56S4 ?

I can confidently say only for firmware *190413-1.bin
I installed it and chose the IAP15W4K61S4 chip and changed the settings through the program "Bafang Configuration Tools" by Penoff.
After that, I drove 150 miles, motor and controller works perfect. No problem at all!
I have no desire to install and test other firmware! What for?

pestrya said:
I installed it and chose the IAP15W4K61S4 chip and changed the settings through the program "Bafang Configuration Tools" by Penoff.
After that, I drove 150 miles, motor and controller works perfect. No problem at all!

Did you had the pas/throttle problem before? And after?

SuperSl0w said:

No. There were no problems with pas/throttle before the update and after.
The throttle reacts immediately, without delay.
I use Mode: Current
What problem are you talking about?
I heard about the throttle problem on BBS02, I did not hear about the throttle problem on BBSHD!
Do you have bbs02 or bbshd?

pestrya said:
SuperSl0w said:

No. There were no problems with pas/throttle before the update and after.
The throttle reacts immediately, without delay.
I use Mode: Current
What problem are you talking about?
I heard about the throttle problem on BBS02, I did not hear about the throttle problem on BBSHD!
Do you have bbs02 or bbshd?

We have both in the family HD and 02. And we fixed both controllers, they had both the throttle problem.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=93977

Hello everybody,

I am new here in the forum and have just bought my second Bafang Bbs01b.

Unfortunately, it is currently no longer possible to program the Bbs01b. According to my information, the firmware was blocked by Bafang. Programming is therefore no longer possible.

Does anyone have the same problem with the Bbs01b? Does a Firmware exist to program the Bbs01b?

Are the above files exclusive to the BBSHD?

Thanks maze44

maze44 said:
Hello everybody,

Unfortunately, it is currently no longer possible to program the Bbs01b. According to my information, the firmware was blocked by Bafang. Programming is therefore no longer possible.

Does anyone have the same problem with the Bbs01b? Does a Firmware exist to program the Bbs01b?

Thanks maze44

Is bafang closing down things? Are you not possible anymore to use the program cable and reprogram your controller settings?

Apparently ... I can connect the engine to the computer. The system also recognizes the engine. However, confusing values ​​are output. Also I can not reprogram anything. It is not possible to flash any values ​​...

maze44 said:
Hello everybody,

Thanks maze44

Where did this information come from? Sounds fishy to me.

pestrya said:

So, you have no issues and no one else should? Seriously. This is about Bafang making changes and not working with buyers. Heck, it’s hard for a dealer to get straight information. Luna the self proclaimed biggest reseller in North America can’t get any better information. Check their forum. They got stuck with the 07 overvolt issue. And then refused to help anyone else with the “secret” fix. Be happy this thread exists. No thanks to Bafang or Luna.

“Unfortunately, it is currently no longer possible to program the Bbs01b. According to my information, the firmware was blocked by Bafang. Programming is therefore no longer possible.”

Please provide some link or source. This makes no sense.

tomjasz said:
“Unfortunately, it is currently no longer possible to program the Bbs01b. According to my information, the firmware was blocked by Bafang. Programming is therefore no longer possible.”

Please provide some link or source. This makes no sense.

Unfortunately, it is not the first case for me!

Security risks are to be closed in the EU. As far as my info!

Several people already have the problem in a German forum!

See at the link:

https://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index.php?threads/bbs01b-mm-g340-250-neue-version-l%C3%A4sst-sich-nicht-mehr-programmieren.62698/

This instruction fixed my bbbshd over voltage error 07 that occured when my 52v 17.5Ah battery was fully charged (around 58.2 volts). THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR EASY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS! :bigthumb: :wink:

:bigthumb: Had to reply even though I registered at this forum a billion years ago and never posted (Oh I did, wow, can't remember doing that.) Some how stumbled upon this thread and after figuring out what to do, this worked. I used the firmware provided in the first post, not the other ones... So if you're scared to give it a shot, it does work and my bike is no longer an expensive piece of junk.

I'd like to note that I only found this thread after googling "bbshd over voltage" after having no luck just looking for error code 7 H bbshd, so yeah I hope others can find this solution instead of the rambling nonsense going on back and forth on other sites.

All your settings will be gone, so you'll need to re-configure your stuff back to normal afterwards... so take screen shots of your original settings before doing anything...

HUGE thanks, and good luck to others desperate for a fix. So far, so good. 8)

Just adding some extra information to the topic. You can find two models of the same firmware in certain cases: one is the standard firmware that has been available for years, and the second one is the same firmware but stripped from some data, which can only be written by having the BESST tool. Eventually BAFANG will completely dismiss the old firmware model, so only vendors who have access to the BESST tool and that have a BAFANG Cloud account can rewrite the firmware. You can easily spot which firmware you have because the firmwares tweaked for BESST have the word "APP" in the name. Basically the internal firmware structure is exactly the same, just the BESST tool won't overwrite the header and the footer of the existing firmware, whereas the old programming method would do a complete erase and reprogram the whole memory. BESST tool also performs some safety checks before programming the firmware to ensure that the firmware you are going to write is compatible with the hardware version installed.

Also, as you may have noticed, BAFANG kept changing the controller hardware version over the years (around once per year actually), going from V1.1 released in 2015 up to V1.5 released in 2019. When you are flashing a firmware like "CRR10E4830E105001_1_190413-1.bin" for example, you want to make sure your controller hardware has the same version as the firmware you are going to write, or you risk bricking it. All controller hardware versions have a different STC MCU, which means that even if the source code of the firmware hasn't been touched over the last 3 years (firmware version V1.0.0.4), they still need to recompile it every year when they switch to a different MCU.

That being said, BAFANG is very shady about what they do, and you will never happen to actually talk to a competent technician who knows exactly what he's talking about: most of the times they will just throw at you all the firmwares they have available without even knowing what are the differences between them, so you end up with a stack of firmwares to try out by yourself, which will all perform differently and that just make you even more confused than you were before. So you can forget about keeping a constant standard for your ebike motors over the years, because everything is subject to change without prior warning and there will never be a firmware that performs exactly the same as another one. The only workaround is buying a stock of thousands of units from the same batch if you want to be safe. The best controllers with firmware version V0.0.1.1 haven't been around for a while now anyway, so you will have to make do with the newer worse ones. The "positive" aspect is that those who have never tryed the old controllers wouldn't be able to tell that current ones are worse, so not many complaints for that hopefully. The only real solution would be someone who knows both Chinese and English to take a flight to Suzhou to talk with the guy in charge of writing the firmwares directly, because that's the only person who could actually give you a proper answer and address the existing issues within the entire company.

Attachments

• fw-models-comparison.png
    fw-models-comparison.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 5,523
BESST Eventually Bafang will completely fart off the small resellers that built their popularity. It’s a love hate relationship. With little, if any, give by Bafang.

I got this error when trying to update it:
''
F/W version: 7.3.4T

MCU type is incorrect .''

I can not find STC15W4K56S4 in the MCU section.

Editted:
FOund the correct MCU and it programmed but I got Error 30- No signal
I tried all 3 Bin files. Same error 30 code after programmed.

When trying different files, I get this error with 190413-1 and 190418 files

"The file is over the validscope, and the exceeding parts has been cleared"

Non of the 3 files on the thread worked for me. BIke is now non responsive/bricked. HELP :confused:

Seems like I have the same MCU

BotoXbz said:
Hmm, I get the following error on a BBSHD with throttle problem:
Code:
Checking target MCU ... 

Current H/W Option:
  . Current system clock source is internal IRC oscillator
  . IRC frequency: 18.427MHz
  . Oscillator gain is HIGH
  . Wakeup Timer frequency: 36.720KHz
  . Do not detect the level of P3.2 and P3.3 next download
  . Power-on reset, use the general power-on delay
  . RESET pin behaves as I/O pin
  . Reset while detect a Low-Voltage
  . Thresh voltage level of the built-in LVD : 2.63 V
  . Inhibit EEPROM operation under Low-Voltage
  . CPU-Core supply level : 2.78 V
  . Hardware do not enable Watch-Dog-Timer
  . Watch-Dog-Timer pre-scalar : 256
  . Watch-Dog-Timer continue count in idle mode
  . Program can modify the Watch-Dog-Timer scalar
  . Erase user EEPROM area at next download
  . Do not control 485 at next download
  . Do not check user password next download
  . TXD is independent IO
  . TXD pin as quasi-bidirectional mode after reset
  . P2.0 output LOW level after reset
  . Testing time: 2017-3-17

. MCU type: STC15W4K56S4

MCU type is incorrect .

Has anyone tried flashing the firmware from here to this, don't want to force a wrong firmware and brick it without the correct one.

STC15W4K56S4 has 56K program ROM + 5K EEPROM = 61K.
IAP15W4K61S4 has 61K program ROM with integrated EEPROM...

CRR10E5228E1050221_190418.bin and
CRR10E4830E105001.1_190413-1.bin
have 61.443 bytes

CRR10E4830E105001.1_APP_190311.bin has 40.398 bytes

So it seems like CRR10E4830E105001.1_APP_190311.bin is the only one that can be flashed on this chip anyways.
And APP also does seems to indicate only program without EEPROM.
Did those that flashed this firmware use IAP15W4K61S4 or STC15W4K56S4 ?

Back