Albatros enduro bike.

Yes, pedals without a motor spin easily. Well, given the total weight of the bike and the suspension travel 200mm. To go fast and long without a motor, a large load. I will make a video, I will pass the segment without the help of a motor. It is difficult to accelerate and go up, maintain the speed easily. This is if you have training. I travel a lot on non-motorized bicycles. On this bike, normal ergonomics.

Having both a useful cadence and being able to pedal unpowered is VERY impressive. I look forward to seeing how the Alfine lasts over time.

ferum said:
Please teach how to insert a video, not a link?
put not the full link like this:

https://youtu.be/fQL7zYq9qv0

but just the last part after the slash:

fQL7zYq9qv0 (this only)

[youtube]fQL7zYq9qv0[/youtube]

Promised photos for the latest upgrade.
  Goals:
1. lift the bottom bracket (I got upset, dropping the BB in -20mm, this is the height relative to the axles of the wheels, eventually on 26x wheels and two hundred millimeters of suspension travel, in corners and in the forest I bumped the hummocks with pedals, brought it to 0mm)
2. Increase Rich frames. In the rack was cramped to me. Increased by 30mm.
3. Finally, I normally assembled the pipes in the front. Now I like it!
2019-06-04_13-29-48.jpg
DSC01714.JPG
DSC01718.JPG
DSC01725.JPG
DSC01726.JPG
DSC01728.JPG
DSC01730.JPG
DSC01732.JPG
DSC01736.JPG
DSC01737.JPG
DSC01740.JPG
DSC01745.JPG
DSC01747.JPG
DSC01751.JPG

You do very nice work, this goes well beyond everything else I've seen here. Definitely going to have to use this for inspiration for my next build.
I thought the surron had a nice frame but I much prefer this

Hi everybody! Made a video with telemetry. I ride in this mode, until nothing is broken. If I raise the saddle and twist the pedals, then my back is very tired to go standing. The run on the battery in this mode is 50km, or 3 hours, but the forces end earlier. Always 30 percent of the charge remains. For economical driving plan for the movement torque sensor on the pedals.
[youtube]OWRqpA9aVyI[/youtube]

beautifull bike

final weight?
how do you feel the bike?usualy in dh bike the top rider have around 450-460 mm reach seme wheelbase beacuse prefer more weight in back wheel.

wich is the weight distribution in both wheel?

however amazing job!!!

Thanks for the words of support!

Bike weight 39 kg. Geometry issues are very complex. It is necessary to go fast as a DH, but on a horizontal surface, and sometimes up, in contrast to DH. Current trends are 29 "wheels and a long bike.
My height is 186cm, and now I am comfortable. The bike is very stable at speed, and helps out when tired and make mistakes. Perhaps plays the role of a low center of gravity and low unsprung weight rear wheel. Turning is also not bad. Low top tube does not interfere in turns. On braking is not blocked. The rear suspension works well. Distresses the fork. Need something better. Perhaps 27.5 ".
Chainstay frame 440 mm, can be increased to 470. To pull out the front wheel, you need a smaller one, but if you go up, you want more. While experimenting.
An important point, it is convenient for me to pedal when I lift the saddle up. Of course there is a buildup suspension, and the total weight of the bike. To go without a motor, it's like working on a stationary bike. But I can keep the speed of 15-20 km / h for a long time. Now I am working on a torque sensor. If you help with the trigger gas, you always want to add more, and there are no right emotions from riding on the pedals.
In general, I like everything, the prototype does not break from the loads, the transmission and suspension work. I have enough power and battery capacity. But there are many minor amendments, as well as the resource and reliability of lightweight bicycle components should be considered. Maybe soon I will make a new frame, try to reduce weight.

ferum said:
Maybe soon I will make a new frame, try to reduce weight.

I love this bike. Let me know if you decide to sell this one

That pass on the right, at 3:38 into the video, reminds me of those situations where the only thing that will keep you alive is power. My wife would never ride on the back of any of my bikes except the ones over a liter, because it was "safer". I'm going to watch it again cast on my big screen. Fantastic stuff.

Hi everybody. There was such a question, maybe someone will help. There is e-MTB, Rocky Mountain Altitude Powerplay, it is not an ordinary transmission system. I assume that the highlighted element is a torque sensor.

Do you have any suggestions?
I will explain my interest. I came up with this design.
2019-07-03_13-13-05.jpg
2019-07-03_13-13-42.jpg
Will it work? The controller with the support of the torque sensor.
A carriage with a built-in torque sensor does not suit me. I need an ISIS standard.

Attachments

• Rocky-Mountain_Altitude-Powerplay_eMTB_e-bike-trail-full-suspension-carbon-all-mountain-bike_P...jpg
    Rocky-Mountain_Altitude-Powerplay_eMTB_e-bike-trail-full-suspension-carbon-all-mountain-bike_P...jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 8,176
Might be a little challenging to tune the output of the torque sensor to match the non-linear tension on the chain. As long as you can map the signal coming from the sensor it should work. I would think you could use a strain gauge in an aluminum bracket holding the chain idler to minimize moving parts.

Cool idea.

Some new photos. We have rain every day.
DSC01755.JPG
DSC01756.JPG
DSC01757.JPG
DSC01758.JPG
DSC01762.JPG

It was important, protection from dirt and the ability to wash. In past projects, I have not provided for it.

My PAS sensor is almost ready.

2019-07-16_21-18-55.jpg
DSC01765.JPG
DSC01778.JPG
DSC01779.JPG
DSC01781.JPG
DSC01795.JPG
DSC01799.JPG
DSC01800.JPG

https://electrek.co/2019/09/06/ubco-frx1-electric-trail-bike-50-mph/
This looks vary similar to your design :?: :shock:

WHAT A DESIGN!

congratulation. Tell us please how your bike is now? How many km you made? Any problems?
Could you explain me how have you modified bafang hub motor so now its enclosure is not revolving? And the Alfine IGH - it is modified? Is the hub revolving or what?
When you pedaling - do you drive the bafang rotor? I understand that you have used one way clutch on the small sprocket on the motors shaft so when bafang is driving the bike and you are not pedaling the pedals are still, right?

Could you tell us more about the drive train? It is very interesting!
What is the real life range of you bike? What battery configuration and what cells you have?

I'm really impressed by the mechanical skills and patience you have mate!:)

Yes, that really looks great. How do those tires work in the snow?

I never see snow here, just mud, but it looks like it would be fun.

Back