Known to Work Brushless Motor/Controller Wiring Diagrams

amberwolf said:
The wires are not always in the same order inside either the motor (I have two MXUS and they were not the same wiring pattern for halls or phase) or controller, so you'll probably have to determine this experimentally via the info in the thread How to Determine the Wiring for a Brushless Motor.

Thanks for the answer to my question. Is it possible you could post a live link to that thread. I have been all this time now since you answered trying to search for it and I'm coming up empty. I'm honestly not lazy and looking for a handout, I simply just can't seem to find it via search for some reason.

Thanks much in advance.

Cheers,

D

amberwolf said:
The wires are not always in the same order inside either the motor (I have two MXUS and they were not the same wiring pattern for halls or phase) or controller, so you'll probably have to determine this experimentally via the info in the thread How to Determine the Wiring for a Brushless Motor.

Strange. It occurred to me that where ES search may have failed to cough up the thread Google search might not and I indeed found it ...

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3484

Thanks much all the same though for pushing me in the right direction.

D

PROBLEM:
Bafang G06 geared hub motor to Lyen 1440 12 fet controller.
using what Lyen gave me:
Controller: Motor:
HALL:
Yellow Blue
Green Green
Blue Yellow

PHASE:
Yellow Blue
Green Green
Blue Yellow

I get a motor that turns smoothly and starts smoothly on the stand, but takes much watts and has little power.
Feels like it is cutting in and out when run WFO.

The wiring must be wrong huh????

Anyone got this one????

Thanks

You actually only have 3 Hall wire combos since the black and red are almost always correct for power. I say almost because there still may be manufacturers that use random colors, but this is far less probable these days.
otherDoc

Kelly KBS48101X and MAC 536hf:

file.php

Fat bike - Fatbike - Motor Bafang G60 ( MG60 ) from ebikes.ca / grin .. and Grinfineon Controller C4825-GR 36-48V, 25A Sinewave Controller with ON/OFF switch, Proportional Regen, and CA3 Connector. For both Sensored and Sensorless Brushless Motors.

( leaving full desc for search reasons )

Motor / Controller

Phase Wires
Y / G
B / Y
G / B

Hall Wires
Y / B
B / G
G / Y

I've read thru all the diagrams people have posted.& can't seem to find the diagram Im after.
anyone running a q.s v3 motor with crystalytes 72v 60amp controller..
thanks in advance.

alswiseowl said:
I've read thru all the diagrams people have posted.& can't seem to find the diagram Im after.
thanks in advance.

So much time wasted on something I'd never trust anyway. With a few alligator clip jumper wires it's so easy to be certain of the correct wiring that all ebike builders should learn how to do it. I figure out the correct wiring of 6 phase motors regularly in just a few minutes. That's 2 controllers, 6 phase wires and 10 hall wires, so a common 3 phase motor I could do blindfolded. With wheel up and chain off (so you don't get whacked by a pedal with a valid reverse), using small throttle pulses so you can't blow anything, try color-on-color first. If that isn't one of the 3 valid forward rotation combos, keep either the phase wires or hall wires static (whichever is harder to change), and try the 6 possible combinations of the other set. One will be valid with a smooth quiet start and low no-load current. If it is a valid reverse rotation, swap 2, any 2, only 2 of the wires you were keeping static and find the correct combo of the remaining 5 of those you were originally swapping.

The absolute most swapping it should ever take is 11 total attempts. There are shortcuts, but why bother? It's better to understand the basic concept first, and that is that every phase combo has one valid hall combo, and every hall combo has one valid phase combo. Of those 6 valid combinations of the 36 possible, 3 are forward and 3 are reverse. There is never any need to go through all 36, or use a spreadsheet, or flow chart, or any of the silliness put forth by those who obviously didn't understand the basic concept of a 3 phase motor with 3 timing sensors.

Does anyone know the hall sensor and phase wire combo for a VEVOR Electric Motor 48V 500W DC Motor 600 RPM and a new 48V 1800W VEVOR motor controller....been stuck for months and im going crazy. Please help....

Go thru either the method John in CR lists, directly above your post here, or in this thread:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18802
or the complete 36-combination list or other methods here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3484
while measuring the no-load current and observing the behavior.

If none of those work, you have a controller or motor or wiring problem that must be solved first.

Giant Twist bike .. gutted and re-wired with an MXUS 15 amp 36v motor controller

Bike / MXUS

White = Yellow
Brown = Green
Grey = Blue

for both Hall and Motor wires.

NOTE : The Negative Hall Sensor Wire !!!!!! ... Giant used a network cable type cable with 6 strands + outer mesh inside a grey casing. The green wire does nothing... the Negative wire is using the outer mesh and not the black inner strand.. pay attention or many hours of frustration will follow.

070652E5-3E00-47DA-ACDB-FA5CD38AC772.jpegGeneric Chinese Champion 1000watt brushless hub motor to Greentime aliexpress brushless 48-84v MAX current 45a 1500w LCD low V protect 40v

Controller. Hub

B Y
G G
Y B

Hall sensor Yellow and Blue switched

I can’t thank everyone enough for their knowledge and input. I tried switching phase wires around but I kept getting only two combinations where the motor would spin forward and one in reverse. Both forward were rough and not right (like a bag of nails). Wired it to work smoothly in reverse then follow the flow chart that is given on this site. I had to flip the blue and yellow hall sensor wires and yellow and green phase wires. The throttle wires matched in color but not connectors. The PAS was not even close!

Attachments

• 56B62785-8354-4FC1-B45D-896014D39064.jpeg
    56B62785-8354-4FC1-B45D-896014D39064.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 2,889
John in CR said:
alswiseowl said:
thanks in advance.

So much time wasted on something I'd never trust anyway. With a few alligator clip jumper wires it's so easy to be certain of the correct wiring that all ebike builders should learn how to do it. I figure out the correct wiring of 6 phase motors regularly in just a few minutes. That's 2 controllers, 6 phase wires and 10 hall wires, so a common 3 phase motor I could do blindfolded. With wheel up and chain off (so you don't get whacked by a pedal with a valid reverse), using small throttle pulses so you can't blow anything, try color-on-color first. If that isn't one of the 3 valid forward rotation combos, keep either the phase wires or hall wires static (whichever is harder to change), and try the 6 possible combinations of the other set. One will be valid with a smooth quiet start and low no-load current. If it is a valid reverse rotation, swap 2, any 2, only 2 of the wires you were keeping static and find the correct combo of the remaining 5 of those you were originally swapping.

The absolute most swapping it should ever take is 11 total attempts. There are shortcuts, but why bother? It's better to understand the basic concept first, and that is that every phase combo has one valid hall combo, and every hall combo has one valid phase combo. Of those 6 valid combinations of the 36 possible, 3 are forward and 3 are reverse. There is never any need to go through all 36, or use a spreadsheet, or flow chart, or any of the silliness put forth by those who obviously didn't understand the basic concept of a 3 phase motor with 3 timing sensors.

That’s if you can keep track of what combination You have tried. For many people reading on here it’s probably their first time attempting to figure out the correct phase/hall wiring combination. We are all glad you are a pro. Flow charts can help keep track of your combinations.

Cdub said:
John in CR said:
alswiseowl said:
thanks in advance.

That’s if you can keep track of what combination You have tried. For many people reading on here it’s probably their first time attempting to figure out the correct phase/hall wiring combination. We are all glad you are a pro. Flow charts can help keep track of your combinations.

Just because it's someone's first time does not mean they should need to do it the hard way. If a flow chart is needed for keeping track of 6 combinations one of which is color on color, then they should be riding the short bus, not constructing their own transportation. The easiest method requires keeping track of just one thing.

That is to choose an anchor wire. eg Controller green. Then you just try both combos of motor green on controller green...both combos of motor blue on controller green...and both combos of motor yellow on controller green. That's all 6 possible. If the valid combo was reverse then swap any 2 of the set you were keeping static and go back to swapping the set you were with the knowledge that the reverse combo won't work so try the other 5...Simple.

MAC 12t motor with 35a 12 Mosfet KT controller and LCD3 display

I was able to figure out the wiring on the first try using the color and phase firing order (A, B, C) provided below (courtesy ov EM3V). I matched that with the controller firing order, and I was in business.

35a 12 mosfet KT controller seems to work fine. Though the KT's parameters are still set to what they were originally, the MAC seems very quiet and smooth, with low power consumption (compared to what the 1500w DD hub used previously). Looking forward to the point where I feel the KT/LCD3 parameter settings have been optimized for the MAC.

In case you can use it at some point, this is what I went with-
Phase Firing order/Motor/Controller
A / Blue/ Yellow
B / Green/ Blue
C/ Yellow / Green

Hall sensors fire in the same order, so they match the phase motor/controller color sequence

:?: KEB72600X :arrow: Lightning Rods Big Block :?:

PHASE
Motor. Controller.
Y. Y.
B. G.
G. B.

HALLS
B. Y.
G. G.
Y. B.

I have a mxus 3,000 4t and an old crastalye 72v 50amp controller from a stealth bomber with a reverse wire. Does any body have a wire combo.? Thanks.

Back