new cyclone 3000 w mid-drive kit?

I don't think 90v is the way to go, just shunt it to 60 or 70a. Afaik the 40 and the 60 are identical inside, and the 60 can be modded to 70-80.

Tommm said:
I don't think 90v is the way to go, just shunt it to 60 or 70a. Afaik the 40 and the 60 are identical inside, and the 60 can be modded to 70-80.

I would do that but

A. My battery is already maxed at 50 amps. I could on the other hand add more in series but keep it at 50 amps for more power. 22s would be ~80v nominal for ~4000w. Not worried about the heat since I've modded my cyclone for forced air cooling with an external fan. Raising the voltage would also make it easier to reach higher speeds without relying on flux weakening, my main goal. I'm using bigger gears I'm already relying on high rpms for more power and torque rather than amps, so that higher voltage will equal higher available torque and wattage while keeping the same amount of max amps. I dont want to deal with any more mechanical stress from increasing amps

B. I'm still running the stock crank freewheel... which I've heard cant take much more amps than stock. How much power has anyone had luck with running through the stock crank freewheel? The last thing I want is a freewheel seizing causing my pedals to spin at motor RPMs while on the bike, already surprised its lived up to the abuse I throw at it...

Hi ez fix buy a big vesc

At 18s give you 150amp fix able to blow your motor. Fast

Spike of a 1000 amp from what i know .
I can use it

I faer go past 80amp with c 3000 and fan cooling.

I need ln2 more crazy shit. Sill saveing for cycone 4800 watt motor .

Good show the pic when you blow it. On es

Wassup folks, long time no post... I see there is the ruthless pursuit of powa going on... pretty cool... 150 amps! How is the chain holding? :D insane power.

So, last year around March, after the winter subsided I realized I couldn't endure/fare another Wisconsin winter riding A-1, a full open cockpit trike just isn't meant to ride when temps hit -10F. Sure, you push through bundled up, etc, but you realize that no amount of clothing keeps you warm at 40mph, plus the salt was very hard on the exposed mechanics, etc... The point was that I needed something different... so I set out to build a new trike, codenamed: YA-3... I spent most of spring last year prototyping it in 3D Studio, testing ergonomics, etc. Here is how the 3D prototype looked like.
69387212_2548111605303028_3585586174992842752_o.jpg

It took me the whole summer just to build it... and around mid-September last year it was ready for road trials. After a few controlled tests and some dry runs it looked very promising so I made the decision to phase out my A-1 trike, which at that time had ~10k miles on it. What I didn't realize tho, is that rushing YA-3 to full commuter duty proved to be the wrong decision. To put it in nice words: it had a lot of teething problems, lots of firsts on YA-3, so lots of bugs to work out and winter quickly approaching, by November it was cold enough outside I couldn't do much, so unfortunately I ended up spending most of the winter patching it up left and right just to keep it running (from falling apart), it wan't fun if you ask me; but at the beginning of summer this year I put A-1 back in commuter service for a couple of weeks and set out to fix all the problems I faced in YA-3... and now, its finally ready for prime time.

Introducing my latest Cyclone powered e-Trike: A-3, right next to the trike it replaced, the veteran with around 11k miles A-1B
69529102_2548053898642132_6415870993427857408_o.jpg

Its made out of carbon fiber, aluminum tubes and lightweight pvc with coroplast. It has pretty much all the amenities of a car, keyless entry, illuminated approach, push-to-start button, accent interior lighting, VHF/UHF digital DMR radio, HUD with GPS and heated seat!!
The large glass cockpit was the hardest thing to do, I wanted the pedals, and me pedaling it to be very visible to everyone on the road; and that was the #1 design priority: build a trike around a glass cockpit so I could load it up with an unspecified amount of kilo-watts and never raise a flag. As of today it has 1738 miles GPS confirmed.

I have to say , its truly a blast to ride... feels like you're inside a fighter jet, and I also have a small shell that I can use to cover the top (but my helmet remains outside) for winter and when it rains... no more getting wet when driving in the rain... no more freezing my tail off when temps drop to -10F, and no more rusted everything in salt... and then, to put it in simple terms, it blows the doors off A-1 on every test we've thrown at it.

G.

lukashanak said:
IMG_20190819_081739-756x1008.jpg
IMG_20190819_081729-1008x756.jpg
Ultralight and narrow Cyclone 4000W :)
11/72 gearing, so gearbox is needless.
About 2kgs less weight compared to my previous setup.

So where did you find that 219 chainring and get it mounted? Really cool build!

Tommm said:
Very good, I guess the cooling gets better too that way. I will go as far as saying this is the way the cyclones should have been sold from the start. You don't need 2 stages for this motor at all.
Well, you have to remember that these kits came out well over 5 years ago, the eBike landscape looked quite different then... the original kit was probably designed to be pedaled too, at about 100 RPM cadence or so... hence the planetary.
The 7500XL Cyclone has no planetary, that's probably the kit we all should've started with.. but...

G.

SwampDonkey said:

I wrote it a few posts before... :)
Its from Cycmotor X1 pro

lukashanak said:
SwampDonkey said:

Its from Cycmotor X1 pro

Oh cool, good idea! I guess its either that or the Lightning Rods 219 chainring. Would it be worth building a steel version? I have access to a CNC mill, and I can design in CAD/CAM. It can be done.

SwampDonkey said:
lukashanak said:
SwampDonkey said:

Its from Cycmotor X1 pro

Oh cool, good idea! I guess its either that or the Lightning Rods 219 chainring. Would it be worth building a steel version? I have access to a CNC mill, and I can design in CAD/CAM. It can be done.

I have Cyc X1 Pro chain version at home for my brothers bike. So when I saw it... :) Lighting Rods didnt respond to my email. They have adapter for standart gocart sprockets so you have more options for sprocket than 53/63/72t. But Cycmotor have smaller motor sprocket 11t. And Cycmotor sprocket have 12mm hole and my 4kW cyclone have 10mm shaft. I welded 12mm hole and make new smaller.

lukashanak said:
SwampDonkey said:
lukashanak said:
SwampDonkey said:

Its from Cycmotor X1 pro

I have Cyc X1 Pro chain version at home for my brothers bike. So when I saw it... :) Lighting Rods didnt respond to my email. They have adapter for standart gocart sprockets so you have more options for sprocket than 53/63/72t. But Cycmotor have smaller motor sprocket 11t. And Cycmotor sprocket have 12mm hole and my 4kW cyclone have 10mm shaft. I welded 12mm hole and make new smaller.

I gotta steal your idea lol. Just looks bad ass and is probably more efficient after getting rid of that big planetary gearbox.

SwampDonkey said:
lukashanak said:
SwampDonkey said:
lukashanak said:
Its from Cycmotor X1 pro

I gotta steal your idea lol. Just looks bad ass and is probably more efficient after getting rid of that big planetary gearbox.

It looks nice compact and I can use narrower BB. Cyclone 4kw have 178mm ISIS and now I have 148mm BB from cycmotor.
I ordered 72T, 11T, 219h chain and BB all from cycmotor. 143USD with shipping to CZ.

lukashanak said:
SwampDonkey said:
lukashanak said:
SwampDonkey said:

It looks nice compact and I can use narrower BB. Cyclone 4kw have 178mm ISIS and now I have 148mm BB from cycmotor.
I ordered 72T, 11T, 219h chain and BB all from cycmotor. 143USD with shipping to CZ.

How are the motor shaft bearings holding up? I know they're smaller than the ones on the original 20mm output shaft. I wonder if replacing them with ceramics or other high performance bearings would be a good idea. The LR single stage "big block" kit is somewhat similar.

SwampDonkey said:
lukashanak said:
SwampDonkey said:
lukashanak said:

How are the motor shaft bearings holding up? I know they're smaller than the ones on the original 20mm output shaft. I wonder if replacing them with ceramics or other high performance bearings would be a good idea. The LR single stage "big block" kit is somewhat similar.

Time will show.... :) I will change them when they fail. The force it 6x smaller then on gearbox shaft. But I think, that can be used thicker, higher quality bearing. If someone can do gearbox oil mod with sealing ring...

Grantmac said:
How is the noise without the planetary? Could you pedal at low power if you wanted?

No, you would cook the motor putting any meaningful power down, say going above 30kph and sharing the work with the motor. You can pedal, but the motor would be resting. :lol:

Noise? Much better than planetary with steel gears. :D
Pedal? Realy? With 10kW ebike is your 300W comic.... :D And bike chain needs high speed to survive that power so you dont have that fast legs. :) I have 30/11-50T gearing. Using only 5 biggest gears. But yes, you can if you need...

Tommm said:
Grantmac said:
How is the noise without the planetary? Could you pedal at low power if you wanted?

No, you would cook the motor putting any meaningful power down, say going above 30kph and sharing the work with the motor. You can pedal, but the motor would be resting. :lol:

How would you cook the motor? That c4k motor barely gets warm at 6kw.

gman1971 said:
Its made out of carbon fiber, aluminum tubes and lightweight pvc with coroplast. It has pretty much all the amenities of a car, keyless entry, illuminated approach, push-to-start button, accent interior lighting, VHF/UHF digital DMR radio, HUD with GPS and heated seat!!

wow! you sure put a lot of work on this build Gman

Gratz! it is a nice achievement.

adam333 said:
gman1971 said:

wow! you sure put a lot of work on this build Gman

Gratz! it is a nice achievement.

Thanks dude, don't forget that Its also thanks to your suspension Adam, which works great... wish I could've used the rear suspension as well, but ... maybe the next one :D

G.

SwampDonkey said:
Tommm said:
Grantmac said:

How would you cook the motor? That c4k motor barely gets warm at 6kw.

Because of duty cycles. The motor with no gearbox but the reduction he has spins at 700rpm. Humans can only get up to 90-100rpm continous. So for you to pedal along happily at 30-40kph the motor must be in a gear where the max speed is 210-280kph. It will be bogging down hard and efficiency will be below 50%. Motor will overheat with time, even with a low output power.

Illustrated
Sry2fRd.jpg

amazing!!

gman1971 said:
Wassup folks, long time no post... I see there is the ruthless pursuit of powa going on... pretty cool... 150 amps! How is the chain holding? :D insane power.

So, last year around March, after the winter subsided I realized I couldn't endure/fare another Wisconsin winter riding A-1, a full open cockpit trike just isn't meant to ride when temps hit -10F. Sure, you push through bundled up, etc, but you realize that no amount of clothing keeps you warm at 40mph, plus the salt was very hard on the exposed mechanics, etc... The point was that I needed something different... so I set out to build a new trike, codenamed: YA-3... I spent most of spring last year prototyping it in 3D Studio, testing ergonomics, etc. Here is how the 3D prototype looked like.
69387212_2548111605303028_3585586174992842752_o.jpg

It took me the whole summer just to build it... and around mid-September last year it was ready for road trials. After a few controlled tests and some dry runs it looked very promising so I made the decision to phase out my A-1 trike, which at that time had ~10k miles on it. What I didn't realize tho, is that rushing YA-3 to full commuter duty proved to be the wrong decision. To put it in nice words: it had a lot of teething problems, lots of firsts on YA-3, so lots of bugs to work out and winter quickly approaching, by November it was cold enough outside I couldn't do much, so unfortunately I ended up spending most of the winter patching it up left and right just to keep it running (from falling apart), it wan't fun if you ask me; but at the beginning of summer this year I put A-1 back in commuter service for a couple of weeks and set out to fix all the problems I faced in YA-3... and now, its finally ready for prime time.

Introducing my latest Cyclone powered e-Trike: A-3, right next to the trike it replaced, the veteran with around 11k miles A-1B
69529102_2548053898642132_6415870993427857408_o.jpg

The large glass cockpit was the hardest thing to do, I wanted the pedals, and me pedaling it to be very visible to everyone on the road; and that was the #1 design priority: build a trike around a glass cockpit so I could load it up with an unspecified amount of kilo-watts and never raise a flag. As of today it has 1738 miles GPS confirmed.

I have to say , its truly a blast to ride... feels like you're inside a fighter jet, and I also have a small shell that I can use to cover the top (but my helmet remains outside) for winter and when it rains... no more getting wet when driving in the rain... no more freezing my tail off when temps drop to -10F, and no more rusted everything in salt... and then, to put it in simple terms, it blows the doors off A-1 on every test we've thrown at it.

G.

Skaiwerd said:
Does this go here?
Referring to the above post

Its a Cyclone 3000W powered e-trike/velomobile, and this is the Cyclone 3000W thread. All my eBikes, eTrikes all use Cyclone 3000W motors.

G.

Back