Vector bike and frame owners.

My Controller
24fet 4115 infineon controller
Phase Current 120amps
Rated Current 50amps
Low Volatge Cutoff 77v
Tolerance Volts 1v

What fields in the parameters section of the BMS need to be changed?
Would I be able to edit those parameters using the Andriod version of the Xiaoxiang bms bluetooth software ?
https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/smart-bms-software-download/

Artur said:
Did you limit it to 50A? It is hard to believe that 24 fet controller works on 50A current.

If it makes any difference, I named it wrong when typing it to you, within the software its called " Battery Amps" which was set at 50amps when I received the controller from Zombiess "Jeremy Wolf" here on ES.

With the settings I showed to you in the above post, will these settings hurt the battery pack you made for me?
I just want to make sure those setting wont cause any damage to the cells.

What is the max amps that can be pulled from this batter pack?

Also, in regards to the bike stuttering and slowing down, the problem was that the controller low voltage cutoff was set at 83V, once that was set at 77V, no more problems.

That’s a monster battery any additional data on its build? How does it handle during a charge?

I got my beauty on the road sometime ago. However, temporary 52v 14s 10p pack built from batteryblocs. Just gathering the parts to build from cell holders a 14s 18p in two 7s blocks then later up to 21s.

I had washers/gaskets made via 3D print to extend the frame width. Hence 18p, does require a slight mod to extend the axle.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a564v_2qQc&app=desktop[/youtube]

Scibomber420 said:
26s16p 30q vector pack.jpeg
Scibomber420 said:
Bg-electric-cycle said:
Anyone fitted 20s 20p within a Vector Typhoon frame. Actual fact fit 424 cells 20s 21p.

Only ask given I’d like some sort of metal containment. Either a complete box or half open one.

The cells in their holders appear a snug fit and unsure if the metal work of a box of does increase the size to a point were the ABC side wings be prevented from installation?

And yes, the blocks will have insulation between them. :D

26s16p. 96v 48ah 30q cells. Still a work in progress. Thought this might help. Biggest battery I was able to configure into my new vector typhoon frame.

I have a 20s15p 30Q pack. While bigger might be better I can peak 14,5 KW (actually higher but that is tops for my MaxE!) and get like 100 miles on my 45 amp pack.

Just in case you were wondering. :D

Tom

Bg-electric-cycle said:
That’s a monster battery any additional data on its build? How does it handle during a charge?

I got my beauty on the road sometime ago. However, temporary 52v 14s 10p pack built from batteryblocs. Just gathering the parts to build from cell holders a 14s 18p in two 7s blocks then later up to 21s.

I had washers/gaskets made via 3D print to extend the frame width. Hence 18p, does require a slight mod to extend the axle.

Scibomber420 said:
Scibomber420 said:
Bg-electric-cycle said:
Anyone fitted 20s 20p within a Vector Typhoon frame. Actual fact fit 424 cells 20s 21p.

Only ask given I’d like some sort of metal containment. Either a complete box or half open one.

The cells in their holders appear a snug fit and unsure if the metal work of a box of does increase the size to a point were the ABC side wings be prevented from installation?

26s16p. 96v 48ah 30q cells. Still a work in progress. Thought this might help. Biggest battery I was able to configure into my new vector typhoon frame.

I’m still in the process of getting everything fabricated for final assembly. It’s been a 5mo journey so far and it seem the more I work, the more projects I have and the ocd in me loves to overbuild things, so many of my original plans/ideas/designs/builds were scrapped numerous times until it felt right. I really enjoyed working in my jet ski and got used to trying to stick to the saltwater marine code of vehicle fabrication. The code on land is the minimum and the code in the ocean is the maximum.

Since I’m building this for my daily nyc commuter vehicle replacement and I don’t wana be fixing anything 200lbs outside of my house, AND this is my second ebike build (first is a mongoose boot’r 52v bbshd with a 600w 2.1 sound system “sub/component speakers/dsp/10s li ion”); I’m really taking my time on the new = 26s16/sab120amp/1200w 2.1 sound system build. I reality mostly waiting for the next round of packages to arrive and spend weeks building up, only to scrap/start over up to 5 times with each fabrication project so far.

I really believe to get the best product possible, First “DO NOT RUSH” and “u have to fail a few times in the process”, but take your time, don’t set deadlines and walk away sometimes to think or start another project in the meantime this will give ur brain time to compute all of the scenarios!

I don’t mean to preach, but enjoy the process and you’ll be amazed/proud of what we are all capable off!

I’m guna upload “pics only” of all of my progress so far on this vector build over this weekend and will keep u posted on the finished product too.

Hi all,
I have 2 issues with my vector typhoon that I can’t seem to figure out...
I need to change the settings of the kelly controller as it currently has 2 of the riding modes going backwards. Only the Bluetooth dongle is not working. I have it plugged in the connector and either with the power on or off I am not getting a Bluetooth signal.

The second is that the charger is not working. The charging power stays at 0 amps when I turn the knob and it doesn’t charge the battery.

Does anyone know how I can fix these things?

Thanks!

Bg-electric-cycle said:

Scibomber420 said:
Scibomber420 said:
Bg-electric-cycle said:

Attachments

• IMG_2138.jpg
    IMG_2138.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 4,553
  • IMG_2172.jpg
    IMG_2172.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 4,553
  • IMG_2174.jpg
    IMG_2174.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 4,553
  • IMG_2175.jpg
    IMG_2175.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 4,553
  • IMG_2178.jpg
    IMG_2178.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 4,553
This able to be flipped to lower the suspension? Also the DNM forks are they fixed at a set air pressure, or able to vary the air pressure to push the handle bars higher from the ground?

Problem is my butt slides forward at low speed.

Taken this Sunday, glad I stopped traffic police were sitting in a car couple hundred metres to the right :)

First ride with the motoseat.
799981F1-CCFA-4E6F-B5E1-78C66592B2B9.jpeg

Bg-electric-cycle said:
This able to be flipped to lower the suspension? Also the DNM forks are they fixed at a set air pressure, or able to vary the air pressure to push the handle bars higher from the ground?

Problem is my butt slides forward at low speed.

Taken this Sunday, glad I stopped traffic police were sitting in a car couple hundred metres to the right :)

First ride with the motoseat.
799981F1-CCFA-4E6F-B5E1-78C66592B2B9.jpeg

Is it better if the bracket is flipped the other way?

Thanks Artur,
found after a few rides and a change of shorts/material -also jeans are best- my ass slipped less and less with the seat now at slight lower angle from more use rather than any adjustment.

However, I will flip the bracket just to try a lower suspension setting. The saddle is definitely too high and a lower suspension setting benefit from the adjustment.

The cops have said nought and therefore the motoseat does remain attached.

Those battery builds are fabulous some you are riding with huge amounts of power. I have a battery upgrade next week when the pure nickel strap final arrive. 14s 10p to 14s 18p and next step from that 21s 18p :bigthumb:

The Vector Typhoon, is one of the best buys ever. An awesome machine.

JPEG image 12.jpeg

Artur said:
flip it. download manual for fork from website, you can add air

I just flipped my bracket and all I gotta say my ES peeps is that I should have flipped it a long time ago. There was a considerable drop but it was well worth it, as it brought the center of gravity lower and I can get on the bike easier. I did had to lower the crown on the fork to bring the front down, and after I did, it was even better.

I did finally have the only local bike shop pump some air into the forks and they dropped a lot. Fact, prefer them way they were the height I liked. Although wasn’t any fun on a event trail when the forks bottomed out and struck the fairing. . :D All was ok.

NB. I know the forks should have had air in them, there was some within lower right chamber.

Must add the bike does now stick to the road far better ride.

Since I’ve taken some air out of the compression chamber to lift the fork a touch higher.

I just loaded the bike with Version 2 battery. And test tomorrow with 55km or 34 mile ride, charge and then return home 55km.

Glad that the flipped bracket worked for you rockstar195. On my list of things to do. Should really install that mosfet switch create a brake, etc, etc.

rockstar195 said:
I just flipped my bracket and all I gotta say my ES peeps is that I should have flipped it a long time ago. There was a considerable drop but it was well worth it, as it brought the center of gravity lower and I can get on the bike easier. I did had to lower the crown on the fork to bring the front down, and after I did, it was even better.
:bigthumb:

You guys lowering bikes while I try to make mine higher :lol: 1 thing I would like different is the seat. God that seat is awful. Im 170 pounds and my lower back rubs on the raised portion. Also forces to spread my legs because my thighs rub on the frame. Something like a motocross seat would be perfect, Something with same height the whole length to be able to slide on it just like a motocross and thicker to be further away from the frame with my legs.

Back