48 volt 1 Watts

Jyee81

1 mW
CA V3 READOUT.jpgSo I have a CA-V3 DPS with the additional shunt to put in line with the battery in the controller however when I turn on the cycle analyst with the throttle output going into the throttle input of a controller and all the other connections are fine I'm getting 48 volts powered on on the cycle analyst but 0 Watts. what could be the problem and it's two separate controllers that are both showing 48 volts powering on but zero watts is what is showing can anyone please help me out... frustrated and desperate

You mean zero watts when you're sitting still without the motor engaged?

If there's no work being done it stands to reason there's no power being consumed.

I'm confused, how many watts are you expecting it to be drawing?

Way to post a picture, and a bunch of text but not ask any question at all. Really, way to go.

Well i believe i did ask what could be the problem? Sorry as stated before im not sure 0 watts is showing and this is after connecting two separate controllers to the cycle analyst via duh shunt... the green signal wire is the throttle output signal which goes into the throttle input of the controller and the throttle wires goes directly into the cycle analyst but yet I'm still coming up with this 0 Watts why? what could be the problem? mr. flat tires that's the question... any suggestions? I'm open to any help please

Why is it a problem? The motor isn't doing anything, so it's not going to draw any (or very little) power. What reading are you expecting?

The 1W is just what the controller is drawing when its doing nothing at all.
Since the bike is not doing any work, your draw is basically zero watts.
Once you start to twist the throttle, thats when the Cycle Analyst will show how many watts you are drawing at that specific time.

https://youtu.be/IxB2j-egWcQ?t=608

I'm just trying to see if the motor works, if the controller is faulty if the controller works but the Motor is faulty.. I dont know why but ever since i unplugged the 3 compatible parts to relocate and clean up wiring to now include the CA-V3 DPS...nothing works. I'm connecting all wires correctly according the CA manual. Do I need to program the CA via a computer source or can it be programmed when connected to a power source...laptop...i just want to get the wheels turning literally so no action no wheels turning and no acceleration at all I'm out of answers please help!

So the problem is not just the display of 0W, but you think something's broken.

A methodical approach to troubleshooting will help members help you, starting with full details of your gear, sources, symptoms.

There are blinky-light testers available,
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47258

also search for

Kit test Procedure

here https://em3ev.com/hub-motor-info/#ebike%20tester

I'm sure there are other guides, video resources etc for troubleshooting help for noobs, perhaps some of the more generous spirited members could suggest other links, rather than just sniping (flippy)?

I'd start with connecting the throttle directly to the controller, bypassing the CA. That will at least start narrowing things down.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the patience...but here's the issue... so i bought a 48V 800W vevor bldc brushless motor, motor controller, and throttle plus ignition package deal. I am building an old pedicab and Turning to a food cart. The original motor controller had pedal assist capabilities. After it burned out (due to old age) i decided to replace all parts. When i received new parts i plugged in according to online manual pics and it ran...however the components were not in the ideal spot. So i relocated components and rewired. When i tried starting. The 20 guage ignition wires caught on fire. Since I've tried higher watt motor controller and another 500w controller from vevor but nothing works. Regarding the no load....im just wanting to see if sprocket turns no chain attached (since it did when i hooked it up 1st time) ive researched all types of you tubes and endless sphere forums. When i turn throttle nothing happens. I was told In an old post of mine to get a CA V3 if i wanted the pedal assist capabilities...but I'm still unsure how i can connect since my controllers have (i.e. 3 pin ebrake not 4 pin) pedal assist is 3 pin not 5 pin...etc. Still desperate & frustrated but grateful for any help...

Did you try connecting the throttle directly to the controller, bypassing the CA? In order to at least start narrowing things down?

Back