Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

aspencreek said:
wuhaichao443 said:

Take my money! Looks fantastic, hope it is launching soon. Any idea of specs - weight, seat height, horsepower, etc?

Some info here: https://evnerds.com/electric-vehicles/e-motorcycle-news/new-2019-big-sur-ron-supermoto/, and posted on this forum:

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
Sur-Ron Boom Bee :

"Sur-Ron Boom Bee, recently announced to traders , has received European license papers. And what's going to be Sur-Ron's big brother is an electric enduro engine we haven't seen before, and in principle, will debut at the Milan Motorcycle Show in autumn, where of course we'll be there and broadcast to you!.."

69042292_10156215870995178_319182384387850240_o.jpg

https://www.elektrobiker.hu/hirek/titokzatos-bejelentes-a-sur-ron-nal/

"Here is some possible specs for the Booom Bee

Peak Power:16.5KW (72V);21.5KW (96V)
Top Speed (sport mode):90km/h (72V);100km/h(96V)
Top Speed (turbo mode):100km/h(72V);110km/h(96V)
Acceleration(S):2.0(0-50KM)
Acceleration(S):3.3(0-70KM)
Acceleration(S):4.3(0-80KM)
RANGE:72V Version ≥125km(@50km/h)
BATTERY:72V/70Ah;96V48Ah
Tire Size (Road Legal Version):Fr.: 110/80-19;Rr.:140/70-17
Tire Size (MX Version):Fr.: 80/100-21;Rr.:100/90-18

SwampDonkey said:
aspencreek said:
Thanks 3D. Looks like more detailed specs at this link: https://evnerds.com/electric-vehicl...torm-bee-mx-and-homologated-version-revealed/

From the specs listed for the offroad version it appears that the weight will be about 259 lbs, seat height 36", top speed 68 mph, range about 60 miles.

Oh my f*cking god lol. I gotta see one on the track! How much?

If I were to make a wild guess - I think it will cost about twice as much as the current Bee. That keeps it well below the KTM Freeridde and Zero. If it costs ~3x the current model, then that pretty much puts it at what a KTM / Zero costs.

Double cost would be kind of a sweet spot between the current model and the KTMs and Zeros; and far as I know nothing that would compete with it at that cost.

3DTOPO said:
Nice link, thanks.

Bummer about the weight though. I was hoping it would weigh in closer to 200 lbs. At 259, that's well over twice as heavy as the current Bee.
I also believe it should have stayed just under 100kg.

Taking the Alta Motors Redshift EXR/MXR for comparison, it also has a weight around 120kg, but with 37kW of power instead of 22kW and with 5.8kWh of battery capacity instead of 4.6kWh. Since the Sur-Ron Storm Bee has both smaller motor and battery, it just seemed logical to me that it would also weigh less. But apparently they added extra weight on other parts of the motorcycle.

Too porky, for anything serious off-road, especially considering the specs against Alta (just shows how Alta's drive-train was ahead of its time) ... the weight will not matter for a paved street legal stuff.

Merlin said:
skyungjae said:
Well, I finally got banned from Luna's Sur Ron Owner's page. :lol:

because you did what?....

Probably because I helped ERT develop their ASI kit by lending my bike. I think my contributions to that page actually helped sell more bikes overall. The majority of my posts were informative, and I did my best to answer questions from prospective buyers as well as those seeking technical advice.

Probably because I helped ERT develop their ASI kit by lending my bike. I think my contributions to that page actually helped sell more bikes overall. The majority of my posts were informative, and I did my best to answer questions from prospective buyers as well as those seeking technical advice.

Sounds like pure evil to me, how dare you be helpful.

I have been selling bikes for Luna Cycles for the last 2 years from people calling me at Sur-ron USA, and I'm just trash.

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpgsur-ron-electric-motor.jpgDOPE GTe XXX

Greta Thunberg edition

Hemp your ride!

Carbon fiber like hemp monocoque frame.. seat etc. Motor moved back the the pivot point to make more room for larger battery. High C 3kWh battery. ASI 8000 with different user modes available on a menu via Android phone used as display. Being designed by www.darrenmckeage.com

Darren was part of designing will.i.am Tesla roadster

35 min rapid charger. 180 Km range. 130 kph top speed. https://hubsink.com/products/sketchbrake-cnc-variable-regen-ebike-brake-lever-caliper-disk-one-off-betas?variant=37997382536. M820 Saint brakes. Ceramic bearings. Castle lock nuts.

Shipping spring 2020

$6900 USD estimated retail. $250 refundable deposit to order.

ebikeguy123 said:
DOPE GTe XXX

Greta Thunberg edition

Hemp your ride!

Carbon fiber like hemp monocoque frame.. seat etc. Motor moved back the the pivot point to make more room for larger battery. High C 3kW battery. ASI 8000 with different user modes available on a menu via Android phone used as display. Being designed by www.darrenmckeage.com

Darren was part of designing will.i.am Tesla roadster

35 min rapid charger. 180 Km range. 130 kph top speed. https://hubsink.com/products/sketchbrake-cnc-variable-regen-ebike-brake-lever-caliper-disk-one-off-betas?variant=37997382536. M820 Saint brakes. Ceramic bearings. Castle lock nuts.

Shipping spring 2020

$6900 USD estimated retail. $250 refundable deposit to order.

For real?! :shock: Looks like a monster, I want one!! :twisted: :D

Cheburator said:
ebikeguy123 said:
3kW battery.
180 Km range.
Do you mean 3kWh? If yes, the stock Sur-Ron must have 120 km range, which it doesn`t :wink:

Maybe at 15kph bicycle speed.

I'm still trying to figure out if this is for real or a joke. Fiber-grass frame? Like the truck from "Up in Smoke"

FiberGrass van.jpg

I guess somebody should start a new thread for the SUR-RON White Ghost as well now that's finally being released (even though under a different brand name): https://evnerds.com/electric-vehicles/e-motorcycle-news/incredible-voge-white-ghost-er-10-priced-at-4800-usd/

77fXDP7.jpg

oSbymlI.jpg

JwL6Yhi.jpg

already a thread about white ghost..

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=92050&start=25#p1499491

but if you need another then help yourself..

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
already a thread about white ghost..

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=92050&start=25#p1499491

but if you need another then help yourself..

Well, I definitely missed that thread with such long title, but even if I saw that, I would have never guessed its content by just reading it honestly. :confused:

Someone should rename it to something shorter and more clear imo.

fechter said:
Cheburator said:
ebikeguy123 said:
3kW battery.
180 Km range.
Do you mean 3kWh? If yes, the stock Sur-Ron must have 120 km range, which it doesn`t :wink:

I'm still trying to figure out if this is for real or a joke. Fiber-grass frame? Like the truck from "Up in Smoke"

Yes... lol. It will come in Rastafarian colors. Bob Marley and Chech and Chongs kids will be our spokes persons.

The Hempire strikes back! May the Hemp Bee with you. The Hempocrocey is over.

FiberGrass van.jpg

ebikeguy123 said:
Cheburator said:
ebikeguy123 said:
3kW battery.
180 Km range.

Yes. And yes the range is for an average speed and changes based on a lot of factors.

The pic is of a SUr Ron Axial Flux motor with a gear reduction drive that they sell to companies wanting to build using their driveline components.

ebikeguy123 said:
fechter said:
Cheburator said:
ebikeguy123 said:
3kW battery.
180 Km range.

Yes this is very real . Darren McKeage VP of Design Motive Industries was an automotive design / engineering firm that ran from 2007 to 2013 doing projects for OEM concept cars and smaller start up EV projects. Keage Concepts found its roots at Motive Industries design firm focussing on ideation, styling, 3D surfacing and photorealistic visualization of vehicles and products. Magnovate Technologies, West Coast Customs, Fusion Motorsports and Zero to 60 Designs. Masters with Distinction in Automotive Design from Coventry University in the UK and Bachelor of Design Degree from the Alberta College of Art and Design. designed many notable vehicles from scratch ranging. Some more notable projects include the Hemp bodied Bio-Composite EV Motive Kestrel, a Tesla supercar for Will.i.am, Bison EV Pickup truck and the GTT for Zero to 60 Designs:

FiberGrass van.jpg

Back