Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

j bjork said:
To both John in CR and Electric God, when did you get on the waiting list?

I've been "on the list" since the first announcement of the 24 fet controller.

I emailed Vasily directly that I wanted 3 controllers.

However, I also added myself to the web based list back when it was announced here.

j bjork said:
To both John in CR and Electric God, when did you get on the waiting list?

They r building the 12F's as quickly as possible now that they r out of beta. I ordered mine in late july and was told 60-90 days, but were ready quicker. I 'll wait to order 24's until after more r out there in use. In the meantime, I will get more 12's in the queue. What I really look fwd to is high voltage 24's, so I can break the 200kph barrier with 31-33s and a bit of field weakening. I've already hit 182 with trap controllers at 100% speed setting, so 200kph+ is perfectly reasonable especially if I do some aero mods. No one can touch me with a sub 15kg motor, especially 100% street legal set up for daily riding.

So, if I understand correctly, some smart guys want to pay in advance to get ahead of others ... :roll:

Question on the 6f. Is it capable of any more that 4kw peaks.
Quik calc 70a @ say 85v is 6kw.
Deciding between 6 & 12f.

PITMIX said:
So, if I understand correctly, some smart guys want to pay in advance to get ahead of others ... :roll:

As far as I know, you pay when your order is about ready to ship. I tried to pay in advance, though not to speed things up, and was told no. Nucular has chosen a route quite different from Adaptto's sky high pricing, and instead opted to maximize growth using competitive pricing. They seem to be managing their growth quite well, though it may be some time before they're able to maintain a ready-to-ship inventory. I strongly agree with this approach, and as long as they're able to maintain strong quality control, I believe they will be quite successful.

I tried using a phone to post and end up with a double post. I don't know phone lovers handle the tiny screens and horrendous keyboards. 1st and last time I connect here by phone ends in this edit by PC, since too late to delete.

Yes that fits well with the Nucular spirit. It was ironic after the ElectricGod message.

John in CR said:
PITMIX said:

As far as I know, you pay when your order is about ready to ship. I tried to pay in advance, though not to speed things up, and was told no. Nucular has chosen a route quite different from Adaptto's sky high pricing, and instead opted to maximize growth using competitive pricing. They seem to be managing their growth quite well, though it may be some time before they're able to maintain a ready-to-ship inventory. I strongly agree with this approach, and as long as they're able to maintain strong quality control, I believe they will be quite successful.

I tried to prepay, got the same answer as you.
I agree, I like their business model...decent products, not too expensive.
LOL...with the demand they see for their entire product line, they may never have inventory. What a bad problem to have. haha!

John in CR said:
I tried using a phone to post and end up with a double post. I don't know phone lovers handle the tiny screens and horrendous keyboards. 1st and last time I connect here by phone ends in this edit by PC, since too late to delete.

Upper right corner of the post, see the X? That's delete.

Once you see this, delete your post and then I'll delete this one too.

PITMIX said:
Yes that fits well with the Nucular spirit. It was ironic after the ElectricGod message.

What did I say that was ironic?

I like Nucular products. I have bought everything they make just as soon as they were available.

ElectricGod said:
John in CR said:

Upper right corner of the post, see the X? That's delete.

Once you see this, delete your post and then I'll delete this one too.

The ability to delete is only temporary... I think only until someone makes a subsequent post in that thread. I didn't know of the double post until too late.

edit...

My controllers have shipped and are on the way.

RUSSIAN FEDERATION, MOSKVA PI-30, Processed Through Facility -> Your item has been processed through a facility in MOSKVA PI-30, RUSSIAN FEDERATION at 3:39 am on October 13, 2019.

While waiting for your controller you can look at these pages.
BATMAN Electric Scooter with a 24F and a Sur Ron with a prototype of 24F.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2201137330183911&id=100008629961712

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=474701419979882&set=p.474701419979882&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/groups/385187845425959/permalink/411667026111374/

PITMIX said:
While waiting for your controller you can look at these pages.
BATMAN Electric Scooter with a 24F and a Sur Ron with a prototype of 24F.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2201137330183911&id=100008629961712

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=474701419979882&set=p.474701419979882&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/groups/385187845425959/permalink/411667026111374/

any idea what the top speed is for that Sur Ron?

Well after reading through all 31 pages of this thread it's safe to say I'm really wanting to pick up one of the 24F controllers.

Has anyone had a chance to test these controllers with the Cyclone motors? Particularly the 7.5kw and 18kw variants? I've ordered a custom swing arm from Cyclone with a motor for my EEB frame. I'm assuming it will work with the motors but haven't seen anyone referring to them other than a couple posts about the Cyclone 3kw motor and there wasn't much about it.

From what I've read it'll have the ability to use a second throttle for variable regen as well which is exactly what I want. I'm assuming the controller will have no problem with a Domino throttle with a 5k ohm potentiometer correct?

I will most likely be placing a pre-order on the website soon!

Dates of availability on the 6 and 12 fet versions ? ( 5 fet good enough for those of us who are using 2-3k watt bikes )

The price of Nucular Controllers ?

Total Price shipped to U.S. ?

Bluetooth Might look good, However in the Sunshine I can not see phone screens , especially with Sun Glasses on.
However
Even with Sun Glasses on I can see the Cycle Analyst quite well !

Someone tell Nucular to make the Controllers available with the Cycle Analyst Plug so that it can be used instead of a phone.

VasiliSk said:
Nucular have it's own big screen, you dont need CA shit here
Hmm, I really was excited about this project.

But I would not currently consider a controller that wasn't compatible with the CAv3.

Are you saying that all its features are included and working in your design?

That's a pretty big claim. . .

john61ct said:
VasiliSk said:
Nucular have it's own big screen, you dont need CA shit here
Hmm, I really was excited about this project.

But I would not currently consider a controller that wasn't compatible with the CAv3.

That's a pretty big claim. . .

- for what ev do you want to use a nuc?
- what features do you "need" (from ca)

story: i used the CA some years and worked/tested with tek and justin on every new firmware.
for low powered bikes the CA is still a great -display- with alot of features to setup your own wishes.

on high powered bikes there was often throttle issues...
lags or most of limits were hit to hard...means it wasn smooth to hit limits and PAS mixed with
throttle + speed limits made pretty much all time oscillating problems.
As a voltage, Amps, Speed and Trip Meter its still Ok.

anyway... from quality, power and features theres nothing better out there right now. Forget ASI, Forget Adaptto(rip), Forget Kelly, Forget Sabvoton....

john61ct said:

CAv3 is useless. Just read the Nucular wiki carefully, you'll see what this controller can do.

http://nucularelectronics.wikidot.com/en:controller-setup

On your website it is an extra cost of $ 85 ?
Good , as long as it has a display that is very bright in the middle of a very bright sunny day with the sun shining down on it ?

Edit : Ok now I see, buy the 6 fet controller , for the cyclone 3k motor.

In the future can you up the caps to over 110 or 120 volts constant operating voltage on your controllers since it looks like you make them yourself ?

Does the Display have a function that allows the user to set the Battery low voltage cut off voltage ?
( for when a person has a pack with no bms like for those of us that use Lipo's )

I have 4 different configurations of battery packs 10s / 14s / 16s / and 20s lipo packs, for different rides so I must adjust the low voltage cut off each time I change packs . Can the On-Board Computer do that ?

VasiliSk said:
Nucular have it's own big screen, you dont need CA shit here.
Bluetooth is not done yet, low priority.
Pricing/preorder here: http://nucular.tech/

j bjork said:
Merlin said:
As a voltage, Amps, Speed and Trip Meter its still Ok.

But there is still no point to have a ca for that, because you have it all and more on the nucular display right?

of course you can run also a CA for that.
as usually use a shunt between b- and controller, connect the blue ca wire to a hall copy of the motor and you have speed, power, trip, wh used etc...

Back