Buying a stealth bomber from amazon

Alibaba an.online store in China sells cheaper ebikes,should I do it???? Are they dependable ??

Is that a real question? Alibaba is the definition of "you pays your money and you takes your chances".

I'd say the odds favor the house.

Unless you know what you're doing and have moderate to low expectations alibaba is not the place to buy any kind of ebike especially one you want to be reliable.

I guess the question should be.. how hard of a lesson do you wanna learn? :lol:

I've been to interbike where these characters set up their booths.. many of their demo bikes weren't even fully functional, lol. You'll be shocked at the price of shipping it back, because the west still subsidizes Chinese shipping. Sending it back for a refund would be a princely sum. They know that, and build their products accordingly.

This is a perfect place to learn how to build something you'd be proud of and love. Take the opportunity to pick the minds of the best and brightest.. :thumb:

Ali express is the same as alibaba. You might get what you order. You might get something different. You might get nothing. If you do get something, it might even work.

Your money to throw away if it comes to that, I suppose.

I wish you luck with whatever your choice is. ;)

JohnLewis222 said:
Ali express is better to buy from, thanks just doing research

In terms of making a deal, yes.
In terms of quality merchandise, no. They can sell more junk rapidly, so they do. Really good vendors rarely set up shop on there.

amberwolf said:
Ali express is the same as alibaba. You might get what you order. You might get something different. You might get nothing. If you do get something, it might even work.

Your money to throw away if it comes to that, I suppose.

I wish you luck with whatever your choice is. ;)

Want ro buy a stealth bomber for good price from China OE any good company, want to be smart, need advice

JohnLewis222 said:
Want ro buy a stealth bomber for good price from China OE any good company, want to be smart, need advice

Maybe consider buying it from Stealth, if you want to do business with someone whose reputation is on the line?

If you buy a knockoff, expect knockoff quality. If you don't like that math, consider building it yourself. There's lots of help available here if you go that way.

JohnLewis222 said:

If you want a Stealth Bomber (new), you have to get it from Stealthbikes. They're based in Australia, not China, though they do have authorized dealers on other continents.

If you want a Chinese knockoff of something, I'm sure you can get one, but I have no way of knowing which, if any, of the idea and name thieves you'd be dealing with would be "good" companies.

Well I did it, and it wasn't so bad. You have to know exactly what you hare getting yourself in. Get as many infos as possible beforehand, with pictures. What also helps is finding the manufacturers of a model sold in EU / US. Usually it means they have to comply with a minimum of safety controls.

In my case I was basically looking for a specific kind of frame; knowing that nearly all frames are made in china / tw, I looked for the model I needed and got the entire bike. Needless to say that half the stuff needs to be upgraded / changed (especially brakes) but the overall bike quality isn't bad, and the motor which I planned to changed worked surprisingly well.

This is the bike: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2721/7242/products/20190328091849_2048x.jpg?v=1557708277

JohnLewis222 said:
Is there any Chinese company you would buy a good ebike from???? Not going to throw my money away trust me

EM3EV has a good reputation on E-S. Buy their EEB frame and components and assemble your own bike. That way you know what you're riding and be able to repair it when needed. EM3EV will be helpful with after sales support and there is enough help from this forum if you start your own build thread of the bike on E-S here.

https://em3ev.com/shop/eeb-full-suspension-ebike-frame/

https://em3ev.com/shop/eeb-full-suspension-ebike-frame-package/

November 11 is Alibaba's "Partnership Day" (big sale). They sold $30 billion worth of goods last year vs US $7 billion on Cyber Monday. Haven't ever purchased anything on 11/11 yet, but I'll be looking. Would like a Bafang Ultra motor in a frameset.

JohnLewis222 said:
Yes with good prices, seller in usa

How smart of you not to post the link here then. It must be a fantastic offer if you're not willing to share so we can have a look and see. If I were you I would buy at least two...

BTW I have a piece of string, could you tell me how long it is?

What do you guys think of buying a stealth bomber from amazon?? Is the quality good? Tje prices look good

You can't buy a Stealth Bomber from Amazon or Alibaba. You can however buy knock offs that look similar, but there are many substantial differences.

The knock offs don't have the vbox transmission, they usually use crap wheels, crap controllers, crap displays, crap brakes, crap mystery battery packs, the bottom brackets are in the rear swingarm half of the time... I could probably go on.

That's not to say that people don't buy them and like them. They do, but a large number of them suffer major component failures rather quickly. The displays and controllers in particular are almost guaranteed to go up in smoke within the first 2 years, for example.

Personally, I wouldn't buy either. The Stealth bikes are nice but their asking prices are egregious, and the Aliexpress EEB's price is right but that's about all.

JohnLewis222 said:
What do you guys think of buying a stealth bomber from amazon?? Is the quality good? Tje prices look good

Where are you based?
If in europe this is a reputable seller.
https://www.electroncycles.co.uk/product-category/bikes/
All in all forget shopping cross continent, you will get wrecked by shipping and taxes.

Tommm said:
JohnLewis222 said:

Where are you based?
All in all forget shopping cross continent, you will get wrecked by shipping and taxes.

I wonder if they realize that the display shown with the first bike offered on their site is throwing an error code?

Also wonder, are Rockrshox good? :wink:

HK12K said:
Tommm said:
JohnLewis222 said:

Where are you based?

I wonder if they realize that the display shown with the first bike offered on their site is throwing an error code?

They are ok. Error codes happen

Tommm said:
HK12K said:
Tommm said:
JohnLewis222 said:

Where are you based?

They are ok. Error codes happen
Sure they do, but it doesn't exactly build confidence when they're contained in the sales literature for a multi-thousand-dollar product. I can appreciate that they're a legit retailer who isn't going to rip anyone off outright though, so thanks for the heads up on them for anyone in the area who is interested. I was mostly just poking fun.

They're not alone. Earlier I watched a release video for a recumbent that's pushing 10 grand and their video proudly proclaimed "Comming Soon".

Back