QS 3000w midmotor

Just works out how to resize & attach photos. Next mod is to use 3 and a half chev volt cells for 21s.

Attachments

• 15684C3C-81EF-43CC-B750-D9BF17D5275E.jpeg
    15684C3C-81EF-43CC-B750-D9BF17D5275E.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 3,302
  • E4F4C0ED-48B0-473B-A5AF-8AEAA2F9F2D8.jpeg
    E4F4C0ED-48B0-473B-A5AF-8AEAA2F9F2D8.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 3,302
Stevebequik said:
7C22DB7C-1B67-40EB-B33B-55F9A1096359.jpeg

Awesome idea to use the swingarm bolt to mount this motor. When I saw this motor version I was wondering how to mount it and your solution is great. What is the current weight of the e-moto? How many KW/h of batteries can you fit in? What chain size are you using? Where did you source the big rear sprocket? Thanks for sharing your build! Maybe you can start your own build thread?

New type motor worked out well, very pleased.
Sprockets came from eBay, 10t front, 60 t rear, rhk 520 x ring.
Just search 20mm front sprocket, 520 blank talon sprocket,(came from uk)
Below 12t front, the m6 retainer doesn’t clear the chain. The circlip method needs a spacer machined up to fit behind. So far so good, but want to get some spare and heavy duty circlips.
I purchased a complete gen 1 Chevy volt battery a couple of years ago for my off grid setup. Stole 3kwh from that for the bike. So this is 18s 45ah.
On a slow boat from the states, I have a gen 2 complete pack coming.
I’m hoping to install 21s in the same space, at 55ah will be 4kwh.
Using bath scales, bike is currently 114kg.

72T and 12T will give 6 ratio.
72T and 10T will give 7.2 ratio.
If it is too sluggish from start, change it to 10T later on. It all depends on rear wheel diameter and tire selection and amps supply.

Or in between with 65T and 10T - 6.5 ratio, but with 72T more freedom to change gearing later on.

These 72T sprockets look so big.

10 front and 60 rear will be the same as 12 front and 72 rear. (6-1) Front sprockets are avalible from 10t to maybe 20t, both 428 and 520 I think. Rear is harder.
If I go 520, 10t front and 60 rear I can only go higher. If I go 428, 12t front and 72 rear I can go both higher and lower. From the info I found on this forum more tooth means less noice, it was especially bad to go under 11t.

A 520 chain has longer between rollers, so a 60t 520 will be bigger than 60t 528. I don´t know how much, my thougt was a 72t 428 might be simular in size. It should probably not be very difficult to calculate I suppose.

different pitches, different lengths, see pic.
more tooth does not mean less noise. Unless you install bigger front sprocket and motor rpm drops down, so yes, there will be less noise but mostly because lower rpm, but less mechanical advantage which is opposite what is aimed.

Noise is created by chain bouncing (hitting) front sprocket teeth and bouncing overall.

Proper chain tension, chain length also makes noise difference that is why I prefer motor to be in rear fork.

lower rpm = less noise
that is why low rpm hubs motor used as mid drive is so quiet.
if want lower noise with high rpm motor, than will need much bigger than 12T front sprocket to make some noise reduction. But to keep the same ratio will need to increase rear sprocket too which is already not small diameter.

10T is bad not because it makes more noise, probably it makes no difference compared with 12T, but because less teeth catches chain, more load on sprocket on chain itself - less surfaces is at work so to say.

Check rubberized front sprockets or diy if after less noise. see pic. Which again is a problem on small front sprockets because rubber pads needs space to be installed on.

All above mentioned I will use any 10T or 12T 428 sprocket. The one which is compatible with the motors axle which is 20mm, see pic.

The 22T pinion is original. Qs motor doesn't sell any other gear size and it's a shame. I would have liked to order a 48T pinion because my transmission is reversed because I use a reduction bridge and 2 reduction stages. Between the engine and the primary there is no reduction (1: 1) so to relieve the shafts of the engine and the reduction bridge, I want to use larger sprockets.
So I ordered a standard 8M 48T pinion and I have to machine the center myself to adapt it to the axis of the motor which is conical with a Woodruff key.

http://www.qs-motor.com/product-catagory/bldc-motor/
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/

In France I order from :
www.123courroies.com

I found a very practical site with a free transmission calculator at :
https://www.ero-joint.com/
https://www.ero-joint.com/en/calculation-transmission-belt

There is also a software to size the transmission.
"Contitech suite" download here :
https://contitech-suite.software.informer.com/7.4/

QSMOTOR said:
ctirad said:
QSMOTOR, do you plan to alternativiely equip your MID motors by SINCOS encoders instead fo halls?

Yes, for our new 180 90H 9000W mid drive motor we will use encoders instead of hall.

When will this motor become available? It seems there have been nothing but picture of this motor on your website for the past 6 months. Still no specs, no motor data, no graphs. I hope you can update us with more information on this new motor.

macribs said:
QSMOTOR said:
ctirad said:
QSMOTOR, do you plan to alternativiely equip your MID motors by SINCOS encoders instead fo halls?

Yes, for our new 180 90H 9000W mid drive motor we will use encoders instead of hall.

When will this motor become available? It seems there have been nothing but picture of this motor on your website for the past 6 months. Still no specs, no motor data, no graphs. I hope you can update us with more information on this new motor.

I'd love it if they started selling some early prototypes even without warranty.
I really want to convert a small car with this motor.

QS is apparently only advertising their new 180 90H motor on this forum. Who knows why. They apparently also have a 180 135H good for 12kW continuous, but no details.

QSMOTOR said:
QSMOTOR 180 9000W 90H PMSM IPM mid drive motor

For a long time, we are developing and testing our new 8000w mid drive motor, below is the result

For Motor
Item: QSMOTOR 180 9000W 90H PMSM IPM mid drivemotor
SPEC
·Motor Type: PMSM IPM Motor With Hall Sensor
·Rated Power: 9000W (18000kW peak in few seconds)
·Rated Voltage: 72V
·Speed: 4000RPM peak (basic RPM), 7000RPM with flux weakening
·Max Torque: approx 100N.m peak.
·Max Efficiency: approx 95%
·Continuous Battery Current:200 A (72V)
·Peak Battery Current: 250A (72V)
·Working Temperature: 70-130℃ , peak 180 ℃
·Single Hall Set with waterproof connectors
·Waterproof Grade: IP67
·Cooling: air cool
·Dimension: φ200X280mm
·Phase wire: 22mm²
·Insulation grade: H
·Working system: S9
·Color: Black
·N.W./G.W.: approx 25kg
·Package Dimension: pending piece
PS. For 180 PMSM motor, it’s maximum 135H 12000W motor.
[/snip]

QSMOTOR said:
SRFirefox said:
I'm very excited for the new 9000W 180 135h mid-drive. When will it be available and is there a known price for them yet? Will they have one or more temperature sensors installed from factory?

The 9000w 180 mid drive motor is available for market, the production time is about 1 month, the unit price is $650/pc
It can match with EM72300P controller, the unit price is $558/pc, EM96300P is $578/pc
Yes, it will add temp sensor.

SRFirefox said:
QS is apparently only advertising their new 180 90H motor on this forum. Who knows why. They apparently also have a 180 135H good for 12kW continuous, but no details.

I think the 180 motor first showed up on their own website early last summer. But no data, time frame for production and sale, or even price. I am so far behind on this forum I didn't even know they posted all that info on the forum. Thx for sharing. Much obliged. Great link.

Maybe QS motor get worthy feedback from forum users and customers here, so that release news here first? To monitor what people think and mean about a new motor? I know QS goes a long way to meet orders from ES members in regards to custom orders. Like different axles, allow for sprockets, etc.

Hey guys. Has anyone been using this motor together with Sabvoton controller at 20S (min. 72V) and above? Thanks

Hi,

has anybody measured the no load draw of this motor?
Or could someone maybe just lift up the rear, spin the motor up and note power+rpm, that'd help me out a lot.

Thanks,
Matt

Empty test with Nucular 24F and Qs 138 70H

[youtube]pdmI81PZIT8[/youtube]

Thanks @pitmix!

Is the first spin up in the video without flux weakening, and second, third and fourth with flux weakening at different flus weakening levels?

If yes, than those numbers match up with yours @ larsb, when you include belt and wheel losses

And would mean no load losses of around 300W @40V (or only around 160W @30V), which is fine for what I want to do with it, yay!

Back