new cyclone 3000 w mid-drive kit?

Hi
when installing the cyclone 3000 on a bike with wider bottom bracket, can you just straighten the bent (thin non-chain drive side) mounting bracket to make it fit on the wider BB? Originally it comes bent for 68mm BB

I would think that if you straighten it, it would be too long.

ebike11 said:
Hi
when installing the cyclone 3000 on a bike with wider bottom bracket, can you just straighten the bent (thin non-chain drive side) mounting bracket to make it fit on the wider BB? Originally it comes bent for 68mm BB

robocam said:

ebike11 said:
Hi

Hmmm it might be...i guess ill try when the weather warms up. I wonder if anyone else has put the 3000w on a wide BB

They make a mount for that size.

http://sickbikeparts.com/3000w-hd-mount/

ebike11 said:
robocam said:

ebike11 said:
Hi

Hmmm it might be...i guess ill try when the weather warms up. I wonder if anyone else has put the 3000w on a wide BB

Would be nice to put the cyclone or similar motor inside the lower part of the battery case/box. The prices of the stealth bomber eBay knock off etc. frame have come down considerably. Still no taper headset and only small wheels are useable and it’s heavy.

Skaiwerd said:
Would be nice to put the cyclone or similar motor inside the lower part of the battery case/box. The prices of the stealth bomber eBay knock off etc. frame have come down considerably. Still no taper headset and only small wheels are useable and it’s heavy.

A lot of dual crowns have non tapered so it is not a deal breaker. The head angle is not great if the rear wheel isn't a lot smaller though.

Anyone here ever upgrade the chain tensioner on the cyclone 3000w?? I found the factory one jambs and bends very easily while riding through grassy fields.Thinking of making a bracket to hold a stationary roller but unsure if that would work.

Here's what I did to mount the cyclone to eeb frame. No pedals though. Didn't want them. Unfortunately the surron is a better bike for what I want.
Just cut down the stock mount to get it flush with the frame. Had to drill two new holes.

Attachments

• 20200125_183704-800x360.jpg
    20200125_183704-800x360.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 2,132
Anyone is familiar with android phone ?

i have install the cyclone0926.apk (downloaded on cyclone website) on a xiaomi redmi 7A and app stay in chinese language.
I have try to switch to english in app without success.

So I just ordered a 1800-3000w kit for a fatbike build, it will probably run it with a nucular 6f controller. I have tried searching, and sorry if it has been asked before, but I can not find info about what kind of voltage I should chose if I still want to use the pedals. Cyclone site states rated rpm 800rpm, and I think it is a 14-48 reductipn to the pedals. That is 233rpm to the pedals, which doesnt make sense. After reading a couple reviews, I was under the impression that it is possible to use the pedals together with this kit? I would be really thankful for some real world experience, and what kind of voltage you were using. Thanks!

HrKlev said:
So I just ordered a 1800-3000w kit for a fatbike build, it will probably run it with a nucular 6f controller. I have tried searching, and sorry if it has been asked before, but I can not find info about what kind of voltage I should chose if I still want to use the pedals. Cyclone site states rated rpm 800rpm, and I think it is a 14-48 reductipn to the pedals. That is 233rpm to the pedals, which doesnt make sense. After reading a couple reviews, I was under the impression that it is possible to use the pedals together with this kit? I would be really thankful for some real world experience, and what kind of voltage you were using. Thanks!

Cyclone is 62.5kV, so that many rpm per volt. 72v, 4500rpm. Internal reduction is 6:1, so 750 at the motor cog.

dirkdiggler said:
Here's what I did to mount the cyclone to eeb frame. No pedals though. Didn't want them. Unfortunately the surron is a better bike for what I want.
Just cut down the stock mount to get it flush with the frame. Had to drill two new holes.

That frame is not like my eeb frame. Is it an older version?

Stanislavchik said:
Bought 4.8kw coaxial drive, which chain will fit 2 eat so much power?

How many speeds?
If you are on 6-8, you only have X series, so kmc x8 ept

If you are on 9-12, you have E ebike series, so kmc e9 ept, kmc e10 ept kmc e11 ept, kmc e12 ept.

If you bought the complete bike, the chain required will be quite long(around 124 depending on setup) so always go for 126 link versions of the E series, X series is only 116, so maybe get 3-4 of them to have 2-3 usable chains.

Stanislavchik said:
No, I have IGH SA 5 speed, so I need 1 speed chain, bmx maybe, i don't know, it is my first mid, i ride on direct drive now...
I saw KMS ebike chains on it's site and yes, they are so expensive, maybe there are more variants... :)

Only the bling ones are expensive the strong ones aren't bad.

Single speed I got the connex 1e8. It is so beefy it wouldn't fit around a narrow wide chainring though. Just regular chainrings or hub cogs.

In my experience, unless you go for a swiss cheese looking lightened chain, the amount of washing and lubing will get you way more miles than going for an expensive ebike chain.

Long story short, my 32T chainring has taken some damage. The one I have looks like this:
32Tm.jpg

Does anyone know where I can purchase a new 32T BCD 104 chainring like this (looks less likely to bend than my old one):
32T-5-104.jpg

The only place I see them at http://www.cyclone-tw.com/Parts.html and https://elite-motor.com/32t-chainring-with-5-freewheel-holes-bcd-104mm.html but the shipping cost is $30USD/$33USD + $12 for the freewheel; which seems quite high.

pwd said:
Long story short, my 32T chainring has taken some damage. The one I have looks like this:
32Tm.jpg

Does anyone know where I can purchase a new 32T BCD 104 chainring like this (looks less likely to bend than my old one):
32T-5-104.jpg

The only place I see them at http://www.cyclone-tw.com/Parts.html and https://elite-motor.com/32t-chainring-with-5-freewheel-holes-bcd-104mm.html but the shipping cost is $30USD/$33USD + $12 for the freewheel; which seems quite high.

No need. Get narrow wide alu, unless you are doing single speed.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=32t+narrow+wide&_sop=15

Back