QS 3000w midmotor

I think Vasili wants to install a bigger pulley for his power bench. This will keep the strap longer. With 500A phases the pulley 22T exerts too great a force on the belt.

I ordered a 48T pulley with a standard bore. I had the bore machined for the Qs 138 by a friend.
When I get it I'll show it to you
20191228_140022_rmedited_resize_29.jpg

j bjork said:
It would be really interesting to hear about your findings, what kind of output would you get with this motor and a 24fet nucular. What settings is best for field weakening and things like that.
+1

FW + PID settings, to get the most out of this combo :bolt:

Personally I set 300A battery, 500A phases and 300 Fw. The pid is original. What can this setting change on a heavy vehicle?

larsb said:
PID only improves how your speed is reached, it’s not the basic motor control?

so can be annoying but not related to motor performance?

Those parameters have influence on current regulation and some users indeed did report about gains in acceleration.
Also when i was playing with them i was able to get a bit higher phase current stable on my RC motor setup.
But don't worry, as long as you have a motor with more or less "nomal" characteristics, the stock settings are already perfect or good enough.

btw:
early in this thread some have asked why the magnets from these QS midmotors have this V-groove arrangement.
IPM design with all it's benefits, like better cooling of magnets and that they cannot fly off at high RPM or the thing with reluctance torque potential, has been mentionend already, but probably the biggest benefit or one of the main reasons why they went witch such deep V-grooves IMO wasn't noticed yet.
So who has an idea? :)
two hints: tesla, magnet grade

TYc5aUol.jpg

well, almost perfect! now its gonna cool belt too... or chomp my fingers

Whaooou !! I like this :bigthumb:

Superb machining work.

Mine is much more modest, and much heavier, but it does not cut the fingers.
IMG_20200203_210931_compress26.jpg

It is simply to reduce the force exerted on the belt. I use the engine with a 2-stage transmission with a reduction bridge. Primary training has no reduction because the reduction bridge already has an 8: 1 ratio. The force on the belt with a 22T pinion is 2100Nm. The force on a pinion in 48T is only 750Nm.
[youtube]KK9x_ZisK-I[/youtube]

twikis said:
Hi,

has anybody measured the no load draw of this motor?
Or could someone maybe just lift up the rear, spin the motor up and note power+rpm, that'd help me out a lot.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Sorry we did not test these. Could i know why you need this data?

Thank you,
Judy
E-mail: judy@tzquanshun.com

VasiliSk said:
i was asking them quite before NY, i had time to ship pulleys from china for cnc

Hi, this is Judy from QSMOTOR.

Could i know which our person you contacted before? Is there any i can help.

Sorry for late reply, because of the nCoV, we extend our New Year Holiday to 18th Feb.But we will work at home from 3th Feb.
Any other question free to tell.

Thank you,
Judy
E-mail: judy@tzquanshun.com

VasiliSk said:
info@qs-motor.com
damon@tzquanshun.com
steven@tzquanshun.com

The question is - can you make 46T 27mm wide pulley for 138 3000W motor?

May i know your e-mail address that i will check with my colleague Damon?

Sorry we could not provide custom 46T 27mm wide pully.

Thank you,
Judy

QSMOTOR said:
VasiliSk said:
info@qs-motor.com
damon@tzquanshun.com
steven@tzquanshun.com

The question is - can you make 46T 27mm wide pulley for 138 3000W motor?

May i know your e-mail address that i will check with my colleague Damon?

Sorry we could not provide custom 46T 27mm wide pully.

Thank you,
Judy

Can you do any custom pulley at all ?

We have problems with belt skipping , even with idlers, due to the nice torque from the motor.

VasiliSk said:
it is exceed belt torque at 500A phase, there is no service factor left, at 500A it should make over 70Nm on shaft and calculated belt width is 60mm, 3 times more than your stock pulley

Those rubber belts are the wrong choice IMO for this purpose.
It needs something better, like Gates PolyChain or Optibelt carbon belt which can take something like 3 times the torque at similar pulley dimensions.

Back