New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

Thanks for the replies.

I use it mostly in flat but windy circumstances doing about 200 km a week teaching piano at home. But also for holidays with tent and everything. Don’t need to go very fast but get uphill without killing myself.
With not too much headwind i’m going about 25km/h averich without motor.

Griepje said:
Thanks for the replies.

I use it mostly in flat but windy circumstances doing about 200 km a week teaching piano at home. But also for holidays with tent and everything. Don’t need to go very fast but get uphill without killing myself.
With not too much headwind i’m going about 25km/h averich without motor.
You can try TSDZ2 with our OpenSource firmware that implements FOC and so it is very powerful as also has most efficiency possible, meaning higher battery range. Also, you can install the motor temperature sensor to be able to use it at max power like 1000 watts. Also there is no speed limit, I get to 50km/h on flats using a 50T chainwheel.

For long travels like holidays, you can optimize the battery discharge, taking most possible of the battery or even take extra batteries in any voltage or currents combination, our firmware is very flexible on this. You configure all parameters directly on the display.

Also TSDZ2 repair parts are very cheap and you can buy online from many sources. We have a wiki page with a lot of details about maintenance, everything we know about this motor is in the wiki:

https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki

I don’t think i will need more than 350 watts so i might cope without temperature sensor :D
The noisy thing worries me a bit though.

Griepje said:
I don’t think i will need more than 350 watts so i might cope without temperature sensor :D
It is noisier than an hub motor but as silent as Lingbei.

casainho said:
Griepje said:
The ones I have here are definitely way way louder than the lingbei, even with regrease. The lingbei is really more silent., Specially at low rpm. The bbshd is the boss for silence, but too, way to much power per wh at low power.

dodjob said:
casainho said:
Griepje said:
The ones I have here are definitely way way louder than the lingbei, even with regrease. The lingbei is really more silent., Specially at low rpm. The bbshd is the boss for silence, but too, way to much power per wh at low power.
Maybe you didn't tested with our most recent OpenSource source firmware and the blue gear.

Also there most recent versions of TSDZ2 are more silent because they changed the main gear for that.

casainho said:
dodjob said:
casainho said:
Griepje said:
Maybe you didn't tested with our most recent OpenSource source firmware and the blue gear.

Also there most recent versions of TSDZ2 are more silent because they changed the main gear for that.
Hi there :)
I indeed didn't test the Opensource firmware on them :). For the version, do you know when they start to build the blue gear? The last unit I tried is about 6 month old directly from them for test purpose.
As stated before, the motor isn't bad here, just low(er) torque and
Very noisy :)
Thanks for the heads up!
H.

I received the tongsheng yesterday and installed it on my bike. Works very well but doesn’t really fit because its really tight around the bottom bracket and my bike is abit bulky there.

Has the linbei motor more space around the bottom bracket?

The tongsheng has more then enough power for me. Limited the speed to 28 km and the currend to 8 ampere and I don’t nead more then the second support level against quite a bit of headwind. ?

Tried my 2 year old 350W Lingbei today for the 1st time and found some eratic drive support.

1st. speed(support) in any level is different so the 1st level the support stops at 15km/u and so on.
2st. when cycling it is a very strange experience, there is no torque support at all and when the support is on it behaves very eratic……….on-off-on-off. Then some miles it is ok and then it starts again.
3st. traffic light……………when you start cycling=no support and after 10 meters it starts again.
4th. Noise from toothwheel but this does not interfere with driving.

Settings:
Speed max 99km/u
Levels: 5
No password

Battery: 50 Sanyo GA cells with BMS

Broken torque sensor?????

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gne3exej9npnfon/Cube.jpg?dl=0

A year ago I wanted to transform my bike to an eBike but then I changed my mind because the motor was not enough tested and had some reliability problems.
@Griepje: At the time I too had the same dilemma of being Tonseng too big for my full suspension frame, so I am still leaning toward Lingbei motor which appears to be just right size according to measurements on the picture from forum user Metaller. (posted on Jun 13 2019 11:53pm). Link: https://yadi.sk/i/rIXhmFxDEMCApQ

zoki said:
A year ago I wanted to transform my bike to an eBike but then I changed my mind because the motor was not enough tested and had some reliability problems.
@Griepje: At the time I too had the same dilemma of being Tonseng too big for my full suspension frame, so I am still leaning toward Lingbei motor which appears to be just right size according to measurements on the picture from forum user Metaller. (posted on Jun 13 2019 11:53pm). Link: https://yadi.sk/i/rIXhmFxDEMCApQ
On last months, our developed TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware had HUGE improvements!! Maybe the last most relevant is the Field Weakening, that like amplifies the motor speed / pedal cadence by +33% and so the max pedal cadence is now 120 RPM while original firmware is 90 RPM cadence (this considering a 48V motor and 48V battery). And all this keeping the motor most energy and torque efficiency possible.

This is my full suspension bicycle and my notes how I did install. Others like me had to sand the motor enclosure and a bit the bicycle frame, see our notes of installation on different bicycles types: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/How-to-install-TSDZ2-on-your-bicycle

casainho_MTB.jpg

Hey Casainho , thats better! TSDZ looking good man! im about to sell my lingbei , im enough you were right about the parts to fix the lingbeis, , support sucks and they are not easy to order parts and are expensive.

by the way what a hek is that settle?

maitilupas said:
im about to sell my lingbei , im enough you were right about the parts to fix the lingbeis, , support sucks and they are not easy to order parts and are expensive.

by the way what a hek is that settle?
I wish it was different, because on DIY motors, and probably on no DIY also, the repair parts are very expensive - Bafang that is the most popular, very expensive motor controllers!!
The TSDZ2 is very special on this and probably unique - and I wish the other could be equal.

The saddle is a noseless saddle that I use that same for more than 10 years by now. Spiderflex is the brand. There are others but these are not popular.

nice to know about these saddles ( not settles lol) i was reading about these, it makes sense to use these saddles without the nose for comphort and sexual safety , ill try some day ! thanks for showing it.

This one looks like a Lingbei clone :

http://www.inskeybike.com/webls-en-us/product-%E4%B8%AD%E7%BD%AE%E9%A6%AC%E9%81%94%E5%A5%97%E4%BB%B6-INSK36250MD.html

Anyone used the lingbei 36v/500w motor would it be fine to over volt and if so will it increase the power?

Hi there,
I’m experiencing some trouble with my tsdz2, when i take the power of my pedals it almost locks like somthing blocks one of the sprockets, making a ratling noise. It happens allso with the motor off giving a lot of resistance, it appears as soon as the motor kicks in.

Is this a known issue and how could i solve it?

Almost one year ago I received the new motor from Lingbei. Installed it and works perfect ever since. Eventually a panel above the motor is sufficient to keep it dry in the rain. Using it for a 45kg Urbanarro family bike and 150kg of family flesh to carry about, I'm still getting 40km out of the battery (Samsung), coasting around 22-24 km/h.

Only thing is that I need to tighten ring to the bracket. With all the rotary forces, it tend to loosen up a bit over time.

After testing the Lingbei motor I am truly disappointed with the design. The torque sensor sucks big time. Does anyone know the URL for the Lingbei factory because dealer OKfeet, where I bought the motor, does not help me at all. They don't answer any request. Thanx.

Hello people. I am new here, and I need your help.
I am thinking of converting my bike to e-bike. I want Torque sensing option because I do not want to turn my bike to motorcycle.
Tongsheng TSDZ2 wan my firs choice, but it does not fit my frame, so I would like to buy Lingbei.
Although they are not available on Aliexpress and other sources, I contacted Lingbei / Neco (necoparts.com) directly and they can sell it to me.
They told me they updated controller (since I read somewhere they had problems with them, so I asked).

Only thing that bothers me is programming (finetuning PASS/Torque) motor options later. Does anyone have tuning application and cable for it?

Are there any other things I need to ask them before I buy? I found some other sources in Europe that still sell these motors. I am thinking of 48V 500W version. Any extra remarks you can give me here?

Thank you in advance.

Back