New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

Brlowe said:
Can you display temperature on the SW102 display with the OSF?

I join the question.

I uploaded OSF 0.6.5 to SW102 and tsdz2 0.54.0 today.
I noticed a strange behavior. When I start the engine while the program is loading, the lamp will flash and the engine will start for a moment.
The second problem is not remembering the settings after turning off SW102.

hetm4n said:
Brlowe said:
Can you display temperature on the SW102 display with the OSF?

I join the question.
Yes, use the same buttons as on 850C to select which variable to show on the numeric fields - see the wiki.

Hi, I have some troubles with my TSDZ2 and wonder if anyone can shed some light on the possible causes.

- First, the speed sensor broke, so I disconnected it and the TSDZ2 worked again, without speed limit.... :shock:
- Then, after about a year of trouble free usage, the display XH18 stopped working, but the TSDZ2 still worked, max power only
- After a few months, the TSDZ2 stopped working all together. It doesn't seem like a mechanical issue

How do I go about with trouble shooting? I already partly disassembled the motor to get access to the electrical stuff. Couple of things I think I need tot test, but how?
- Torque sensor, no idea how to test
- Direct connection between motor and battery to test if it still runs. Which wires to connect?
- Could it be that there a short in the speed sensor connector which prevents the motor to activate??

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

casainho said:
Elinx said:
So you can try OSF first and keep it if you are satisfied or flash the default FW back again, or replace the display if you want the latest OSF releases.
Note that the firmware version of VLCD6 is outdated and has not the latest improvements so is not the best to compare.
To compare with .....? All releases have pro and minor points. It is the user who must weigh these points.
I am sure that the latest release v0.20b1A (based on the latest release for lcd3) made a lot of difference, compared to the default FW. If someone don't want to replace the original display, flashing v0.20b1A (or v0.19C) is the better solution for TSDZ2.
With 3 different OSF forks there is a choice for everyone.

BeTon75 said:
Hi, I have some troubles with my TSDZ2 and wonder if anyone can shed some light on the possible causes.

- First, the speed sensor broke, so I disconnected it and the TSDZ2 worked again, without speed limit.... :shock:
- Then, after about a year of trouble free usage, the display XH18 stopped working, but the TSDZ2 still worked, max power only
- After a few months, the TSDZ2 stopped working all together. It doesn't seem like a mechanical issue

How do I go about with trouble shooting? I already partly disassembled the motor to get access to the electrical stuff. Couple of things I think I need tot test, but how?
- Direct connection between motor and battery to test if it still runs. Which wires to connect?
- Could it be that there a short in the speed sensor connector which prevents the motor to activate??

Seems like the 3rd time the motor controller broke. That could be due to the max power (more likely related to the high current running) been ran all the time through it. The first thing i would do is order a new controller and then test.

skestans said:
I don’t know what’s the threshold in the EU. In Switzerland, shipments worth less than 62CHF don’t incur taxes.

21% VAT is paid if the price is higher than 22 EUR and if it is higher than 150 EUR duty fees are paid also.

skestans said:
Em3ev has nice chargers, they send overseas, and they’ll put whatever value you want on the package. I got my 90/100% charger from them.

I looked at this web sites, but I wasn't able to find any charger as a separate item for sale (only as a bundle with motor and etc.)

LJay said:
skestans said:
I don’t know what’s the threshold in the EU. In Switzerland, shipments worth less than 62CHF don’t incur taxes.

21% VAT is paid if the price is higher than 22 EUR and if it is higher than 150 EUR duty fees are paid also.

skestans said:
Em3ev has nice chargers, they send overseas, and they’ll put whatever value you want on the package. I got my 90/100% charger from them.

I looked at this web sites, but I wasn't able to find any charger as a separate item for sale (only as a bundle with motor and etc.)

Yeah their website isn’t that great. Try emailing them, and say you want to buy a charger only. They’re very nice helpful and knowledgeable so it’s worth a shot.

If not, I might be selling one of mine brand new, unused 90/100% chargers (still in the box)

My 17Ah batteries last so long that I don’t need to charge them both at the same time.

Elinx said:
It is also possible to use OSF with the default TSDZ2 displays, like VLCD6 too. All important personal settings are setup before flashing and you can use the bike the same way as before, but with a remarkable improvement.
(Latest stable is v0.19C, latest release is v0.20b1A)

I know about this option, but this project seems to get less development support than OSF and it´s little less organized also (I don´t want to offend anybody, it is just my impression). I would like to stick with original firmware for now, anyway.

Cristian said:
BeTon75 said:

Seems like the 3rd time the motor controller broke. That could be due to the max power (more likely related to the high current running) been ran all the time through it. The first thing i would do is order a new controller and then test.

Thanks, will order one right away.

matte2k said:
Today after 6500km my Tsdz2 broke.
A light bang and the left crank went totally loose.
Took the crank of, see attached image.
Is there any future for my tsd? Is it possible to restore? I have another tsd with broken sensor I can take parts from...

Until this one is healed, or burried, i have a tsdz2 with foot brake on a second bike. Can I use this on my number 1 bike with only hydralic brakes (Bullitt cargo), or what could happen?

15F57208-2294-4244-B08E-C5ED1C30DF54.jpeg

You can purchase the crank separately from the likes of PSW Power http://www.pswpower.com/ven.php?cargo.2016-7n-n002 but to be honest at 6.5K you may well be better to just front up for a new one, you've had good service and its time to be retired .

LJay said:
I know about this option, but this project seems to get less development support than OSF and it´s little less organized also (I don´t want to offend anybody, it is just my impression). I would like to stick with original firmware for now, anyway.
I can imagine what you mean. The main developers are Italian and don't work with Github. So you must be remain sharp to follow everything. So you are right it was less organized. It should now beiing a bit better, because stancecoke has given github support. The development is on par with KT lcd3 latest v.0.20, so that is not a problem.
The latest releases are 850C (and SW102) only.

matte2k said:
Today after 6500km my Tsdz2 broke.
A light bang and the left crank went totally loose.
Took the crank of, see attached image.
Is there any future for my tsd? Is it possible to restore? I have another tsd with broken sensor I can take parts from...

Until this one is healed, or burried, i have a tsdz2 with foot brake on a second bike. Can I use this on my number 1 bike with only hydralic brakes (Bullitt cargo), or what could happen?

15F57208-2294-4244-B08E-C5ED1C30DF54.jpeg

this is a very dangerous problem with this engine !!! beardydave wants to have reinforced products manufactured. you can find it on page 259 of this thread.

mfg michael

Hi

Yes, I'm getting samples of upgraded bottom bracket spindles made from EN24 thru hardened steel, if they perform I'll get a small batch done. Email me at dave@revolvemcr.com if you're interested.

Cheers

Dave

beardydave said:
Hi

Yes, I'm getting samples of upgraded bottom bracket spindles made from EN24 thru hardened steel, if they perform I'll get a small batch done. Email me at dave@revolvemcr.com if you're interested.

Cheers

Dave

Can you show on a picture which part you’re upgrading? I have difficulty visualizing it.

skestans said:
If not, I might be selling one of mine brand new, unused 90/100% chargers (still in the box)

Thank you for your offer. I´m thinking about another possible solution and that is to buy non-adjustable 54,6V charger and lower its output voltage. I just have to find any proven and reliable charger on ebay (ideally in aluminium casing for simple disassembly) and modified it (if it would be possible). Is there any proven type of non-adjustable charger to buy?

Installing a new kit, is there any reason to open the motor and grease or clean any thing before installing it or is it good to go as is?

LJay said:
The issue is that the motor refuses to work with fully charged battery (54,2V), but when I discharge the battery down to 53,8V, it starts working fine then.

Are there any available informations about how often this issues occurs, prectagewise? I´m thinking about buying a new controller and swapping it for the old one, but it would be pointless in case the issue would be the same for a majority of available controllers on the market. In this case I will just buy/build adjustable charger and call it a day :)

LJay said:
Are there any available informations about how often this issues occurs, percentagewise? ...

Can't answer that question specifically, but, I know of two reported cases where someone with this 48V full charge voltage problem returned the unit for a replacement and the issue was resolved. I chose not to try the return route because the replacement is not shipped until the original is received, so weeks are involved! But this indicates that there is some chance that a controller replacement might resolve this for the factory firmware. Just thinking about it, I do not recall any 36V or 52V user complaints about this. Anyway, when I switched from the VLCD6 which does not report a voltage number to the SW102 with OSF which does, the voltage reported is 1.3 volts higher than a direct reading from the battery with a voltmeter, so, my guess is that the component on the controller board responsible for voltage measurement has a very loose quality check.

LJay said:
LJay said:
The issue is that the motor refuses to work with fully charged battery (54,2V), but when I discharge the battery down to 53,8V, it starts working fine then.

Are there any available informations about how often this issues occurs, prectagewise? I´m thinking about buying a new controller and swapping it for the old one, but it would be pointless in case the issue would be the same for a majority of available controllers on the market. In this case I will just buy/build adjustable charger and call it a day :)
Buy yourself an STLink and reprogram the voltage, its very easy and only costs a few Euros
Follow the link here
https://www.eco-ebike.com/blogs/eco-cycles-instructionals/tsdz2programmingfromscratch

and the STprogrammer
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ST-Link-STLink-V2-Programmer-Debugger-STM8-STM32-Blue-Pill-Latest-FW-V2J35S7-UK/254327616482?hash=item3b371b73e2:g:fPoAAOSwMWpbw4eC

LJay.
Nebo here, the link explains everything. https://www.eco-ebike.com/blogs/eco-cycles-instructionals/tsdz2-motor-firmware-programming :D

Using the stlink, I updated the data memory, as per the eco-bike article, to get past the 48V full charge voltage issue, but it had no effect on the problem. When I tried the 52V firmware to get past this issue (which did work, but caused the battery status indicator to show low-mid voltage), changing the data memory did work to restore the proper operation of the battery status indicator, however, the 52V firmware introduced another issue that led me to try the OSF so that I could use a fully charged battery.

Does anyone know where i can buy a 52v battery in the EU? I have TSDZ2 with OSF running 48v and i want to upgrade to 52V and leave the 48V battery for my wife's bike, which will is also getting a TSDZ2 with OSF.

Should i upgrade to the 850C? Is it worth the cost? I'm on KT-LCD3 for 1 year and 2000km. Running so fine, it's been great, trouble free.

Cristian said:
Does anyone know where i can buy a 52v battery in the EU? I have TSDZ2 with OSF running 48v and i want to upgrade to 52V and leave the 48V battery for my wife's bike, which will is also getting a TSDZ2 with OSF.

Should i upgrade to the 850C? Is it worth the cost? I'm on KT-LCD3 for 1 year and 2000km. Running so fine, it's been great, trouble free.

If it ain’t broke...

Back