BBSHD "hot rod" settings from Lunacycle?

kerrylaw

1 µW
Has anyone taken a screen shot, or captured the .el file from a controller that has been "hot rodded" from Lunacycle? I swear I did a "save file" before I messed with the programming but am not so sure now. IF anyone DID save the settings as they came from Luna, PLEASE upload the file, or at least a screenshot for the 3 tabs. Thanks guys

All here....
https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/06/26/a-hackers-guide-to-programming-the-bbs02/

Check out the Ludicrous Controller in the used items section

tomjasz said:
All here....
https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/06/26/a-hackers-guide-to-programming-the-bbs02/

Hi, random googler here that found this thread looking for the answer to the same question OP had.

That link you posted does not have the hot rod settings op is looking for anywhere.

Dogboy1200 said:

This has nothing to do with OPs question....

NaturalViolence said:
tomjasz said:
All here....

Hi, random googler here that found this thread looking for the answer to the same question OP had.

That link you posted does not have the hot rod settings op is looking for anywhere.

Dogboy1200 said:

Ahh, good detective work. When you find the answer, could you update this post so others may benefit? :bigthumb:

NaturalViolence said:
tomjasz said:
All here....

Dogboy1200 said:

Yeah, nothing there unless you actually read the page. Karl's sauce is actually better. Go to luna's forum for more.

tomjasz said:
Yeah, nothing there unless you actually read the page. Karl's sauce is actually better. Go to luna's forum for more.

I don't think the post was presenting a question, but just a commentary, like bad hamburger; no reading required (that page had everything required to set up the system to customize/personalize it for the rider, from what I could tell):

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=94719&p=1387416&hilit=hamburger+bad#p1387416

tomjasz said:
Yeah, nothing there unless you actually read the page.

I don't really want to start a fight with you but since you decided to insult me by implying I didn't read the link I guess I have no choice now. I never said "nothing is there". I will reiterate what I said. That link does not contain the luna hot rod settings.

This is factually correct and you can easily confirm this by reading the article in its entirety. You are welcome to prove me wrong by quoting the section of the article that does contain it but cannot find it.

Now it contains lots of other useful information and other people's settings. But that's not what OP asked for, he asked for those specific settings, which again are not there. Now you might ask "why does that even matter?". Well besides the fact that when someone asks for specific information it's generally a good idea to either provide the information if you know it, or say nothing if you don't. My specific issue with this (which I also stated quite clearly) is that anyone googling to find those settings will come across this thread since the thread is titled "Re: BBSHD "hot rod" settings from Lunacycle?" and will therefore show up near the top of the search results for any query on this topic. Then they will go through the same cycle I did. Reading your post that implies the settings are in that link. Then reading the article that link points to. Then realizing the settings they are looking for aren't there.
Then moving on to the next result in google. In other words they will waste a lot of time and not get anywhere. My post (as I stated originally) was intended to prevent that for any future googlers and save them time.

TL:DR
1. OP asks for the luna hot rod settings.
2. You say "All here" and provide a link to an article that does not contain the luna hot rod settings.
3. A random person trying to find those settings (me) through google stumbles upon the thread and decides to correct the mistake as clearly as possible without insulting anyone.
4. You get offended by the correction and respond with something that's both insulting and doesn't even address the correction made.
5. I am forced to waste more of my time making this response post in the hopes of clarifying this matter and (hopefully) teaching you why I had to make that correction so that you don't make this type of mistake again.

Now what you SHOULD have done is either:
1. Say nothing
2. Post the settings
3. Do more research to find the settings if you didn't already know them
4. Post "I'm not sure what those settings are but this article has other settings that might help you [insert link] (not the best option but at least here you're not trying to imply that the link has the settings that OP is looking for)

I went ahead and emailed Luna to get more clarification on this. Here are the actual settings OP was looking for:
Profile Luna-BBSHD

BASIC
Low Battery Protection [Volts] 41
Current Limit [Amps] 30
Assist Levels Current Limit [%] Speed Limit [%]
Assist 0 1 1
Assist 1 20 85
Assist 2 30 85
Assist 3 40 90
Assist 4 50 95
Assist 5 60 96
Assist 6 70 100
Assist 7 80 100
Assist 8 90 100
Assist 9 100 100
Speed Meter Type External, Wheel Sensor
Speed Meter Signals 1
Wheel Diameter [Inch] 26
PEDAL ASSIST
Pedal Sensor Type Double Signal 24
Designated Assist Level By Display's Command
Speed Limit By Display's Command
Start Current [%] 10
Slow-start Mode (1-8) 3
Crank Trigger Pulses 10
Work Mode (Crank Speed/Wheel*10) Undeterminated
Stop Delay [x10ms] 5
Current Decay (1-8) 8
Stop Decay [x10ms] 0
Keep Current [%] 80
THROTTLE
Start Voltage [x100mV] 11
End Voltage [x100mV] 35
Mode Current
Designated Assist Level 9
Speed Limit 40 km/h | 24.9 mph
Start Current [%] 10

To anyone googling this in the future. You're welcome.

I will not respond to any further posts in this thread at this point. You're welcome to post a rebuttal if you wish to, but I won't respond to it since I would consider it a waste of time for both of us at this point since I've now said everything I can possibly say on this. I apologize for the tone but when you insult someone they tend to get angry.

Also, Googled for future reference:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fcen6yukxar428y/AADzGWzsm3M6jDrP5F948rR5a/Profile%20Comparisons.xlsx?dl=0

No arguments here..
My BBSHD type B controller received June 12th 2020 from Luna is programmed different to the hotrod settings suggested here..but not much different.

Note, all other settings the same except as follows:
Pedal Assist page..Pedal Sensor Type: BB Sensor 32.
Stop delay x10ms ..20
Keep current %.. 60.

Throttle page:
Speed Limit: By Displays command.

Please note that there are other settings that I've used in the past like Kepler and Karls Special Sauce especially for the Basic page, feel free to google and play with these at your own discretion. I found these all brilliant and different depending what you want but probably not what you want if you want to maximise the distance travelled.

Just another point to note...Error 30..If like me you have unplugged the display so many times to play with and adjust programs, you run the risk of fatiguing the connections in the leads in the green higo 5 way (These connectors are quite difficult to plug/unplug as they are water tight)..I eventually cut back the outer casing by about 4mm so that the male and female connectors would simply push together or unplug with minimum force. If you need to waterproof after connecting, then I used a wrap of PVC tape. For me it makes it so much easier. I've done exactly the same with my progamming cable.
I'm not saying this works for everyone but if it helps someone else in any way, then so be it.

PS..The new Luna controller overcomes the PAS Throttle problem AND the battery percentage value is much more accurate on my DPC 14 display.

Yeah, just like Hawkallez, the one I received in January also has

Pedal Assist page..Pedal Sensor Type: BB Sensor 32.
Stop delay x10ms ..20
Keep current %.. 60.

and

Speed Limit: By Displays command.

Back