LMX 30mm / Cyclone 3Kw / QS 1000W 90 / 30mm AliExpress

bikerpete

100 W
I am trying to finalise my choice of motor for my Fat Bike Trials machine and am after some knowledgeable input.

I've narrowed it down to these three motors:
LMX 30mm (2018/9 version, not the new one) - LMX say the difference between this old and the new is thinner windings, 0.5mm vs 0.35mm laminations and a temp sensor. I'm waiting to hear back how much difference the windings and laminations make to the performance in my typically low rev/high torque application.

Cyclone 3Kw - I'll probably be removing the gearbox and direct driving of the shaft. I know the shaft is only 10mm diameter but that will be OK, I can take the side load off it.

QS 1Kw 90 - This seems to be seriously under-rated, but it is also significantly heavier than the other two (around double)

AliExpress version of the LMX -I've seen some motors on AliExpress that look the same as the LMX 30mm - same markings and body, but wires exit at the back of the motor not the front like LMX. I've no idea if these are the same root motor as the LMX or just poor versions thereof?

I'll be running it with a Nucular, probably 12F (LMX advised they thought the 6F would be underpowered for this application on the 30mm).

Thanks

john61ct said:
Link to the specific QS model you mean? 205?

The "QSMOTOR New 1000W 90 mid drive motor for electric scooter (without kits)"

Also known as:
QS Motor 1000W 90 70H Mid Drive Motor
Motor Type: BLDC Permanent Magnet Inner Rotor Motor With Hall Sensor
Brand: QS Motor, QSMOTOR
Motor Design: Single axle
Matched Wheel: 10inch Wheel (as default)
Magnet Height: 70mm, 40pcs, 5 pole pairs
Diameter of stator: 90mm
Rated Power: 1000W (peak power, pending)
Rated Voltage: 72V as default
Speed: 55KPH
Working Temperature: pending
Single Hall Plate with waterproof connectors
16mm² Cross Section of Phase Wire (not include insulation layer)
Hall Sensor Phasing angle: 120 degree
Waterproof Grade: IP54

Great, thanks. I guess the "90" is the model#

70H is magnet height, also used on some bigger ones too, like the 138 rated at 3000W, 120 @2000W.

Seems that google has very little record of the 90 compared to others, really dunno how comparable that would be to say the Cyclone?

john61ct said:
Great, thanks. I guess the "90" is the model#

70H is magnet height, also used on some bigger ones too, like the 138 rated at 3000W, 120 @2000W.

Seems that google has very little record of the 90 compared to others, really dunno how comparable that would be to say the Cyclone?

When you say "magnet height", what does this mean? Is it the thickness of the magnet? The "height" from the axis of the motor?

Thanks

I know next to nothing about motor internals

Here's a pic of how QS orients their magnets

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1376479#p1376479

Back