QS 3000w midmotor

Sure rubber belts are more common and readily stocked everywhere. But if you factor in the cost of custom pulleys and still extensive belt wear and short belt life, I don't know. Maybe those HD duty belts are not such a bad choice after all?

the polychain belt + sprockets kit is more than 300 € for the equivalent in standard kit it is less than 80 €. In this price must be added the replacement of the rear wheel sprocket for the polychain.

my pulley cost me 15$ for aluminum 46T (without cnc) and brand contitech HTD belt for bench is 12$, CXA belt is 30$, not polychain but a bit better. If qs factory could do custom pulleys (what is not hard if they have equipment already) they should not cost too much, since chinese market have a lot of pulleys, you just need to make a bore

Yes exactly because for us the specific bore is difficult to do whereas for Qs Factory it is very simple since they already make the 22T pulleys.

PITMIX said:
Yes exactly because for us the specific bore is difficult to do whereas for Qs Factory it is very simple since they already make the 22T pulleys.

I ask'd Carrie on Aliexpres... They will not do custom pulleys in small batches. So maybe if we could do some sort of group buy, on one specific model ? I would wery much like a 24T or 26T pulley.

I try asking Carrie.

Yes, some more tooth options on the front pulley would be nice. Also a universal rear pulley that has a simple flange mounting with some holes.

My rear pulley is now worn out after years of driving, 15000-20000km and i need a new. I really love the belt drive, i find it way superior to chain drive for road use.

eee291 said:
Looks good to me.

I guess you also have the temp sensor (white wire) not sure if that is plug and play with the Kelly as well since mine didn't have one.

I have a problem, can someone help?

Can't adjust the angle.

Screenshot_20200217-101211_AC Aduser.jpg

It looks like something is wrong with the connections or one of your your halls are fried. Try rotating the motor and see if A,B and C halls are cycling from 0 to 1.

On most motors the hall sensors are 120° apart electrically or physically so you never have more than 2 sensors on 1 or 0. in you pic all three on 1 so there is a problem somewhere.

Hi
getting undervoltage error. Controller and motor is right from factory. Trying to run it. Battery is some scrambled 2 x 10S3p lipo, overall 72v nominal.
Running app EM150 with can.
What to try to remove / solve that error?

Attachments

• Display.PNG
    Display.PNG
    15.6 KB · Views: 2,074
minde28383 said:
Hi
getting undervoltage error. Controller and motor is right from factory. Trying to run it. Battery is some scrambled 2 x 10S3p lipo, overall 72v nominal.
Running app EM150 with can.
What to try to remove / solve that error?

If it's a new SP version, get the latest app from siaecosys website. I think it's offline atm, PM me your @, I'll send it to you (v3 sport 9 xy-03). Then do this: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=95969&p=1525957#p1525957
BTW there's a separate thread for this controller.

Torti said:
Can't adjust the angle.

First I'd use a multimeter and check out each hall sensor. Disconnected, powered from a single cell or sth like this. Move the wheel, check out the output signals. As eee291 said, no 3xhigh/low possible.

Or... you can take off the side cover, have a look at your hall connector. You're saying it's new... well, yeah... Surprise! QS does not stand for Quality Stuff. There's my beautiful HQ hall connector below. Also straight from the factory. I suggest inspecting it.

Attachments

• 20200118_215052.jpg
    20200118_215052.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 2,063
Torti said:
The parts are all new.

All A / B / C are as in the picture on 1.

20191107_201846.jpg20191107_201855.jpg20191107_201957.jpg

Have you connected gnd and +5v right, for the sensors ?

can give the exact pinout with someone.

How can I measure it with the multimeter?

Torti said:
The parts are all new.

I'm talking about the Kelly App in the picture before there are three rows like this in the second colum:
Hall A 1
Hall B 1
Hall C 1

All of them shouldn't be on 1 at the same time only max 2 halls should be on 1 or 0. Try turning the wheel to see if all of them or just some of them change state.

eee291 said:
Torti said:
The parts are all new.

I'm talking about the Kelly App in the picture before there are three rows like this in the second colum:
Hall A 1
Hall B 1
Hall C 1

All of them shouldn't be on 1 at the same time only max 2 halls should be on 1 or 0. Try turning the wheel to see if all of them or just some of them change state.

nothing changes, everyone is on 1

Bartosh said:
Torti said:
Can't adjust the angle.

First I'd use a multimeter and check out each hall sensor. Disconnected, powered from a single cell or sth like this. Move the wheel, check out the output signals. As eee291 said, no 3xhigh/low possible.

Or... you can take off the side cover, have a look at your hall connector. You're saying it's new... well, yeah... Surprise! QS does not stand for Quality Stuff. There's my beautiful HQ hall connector below. Also straight from the factory. I suggest inspecting it.

Thanks for the tip.

I checked the connector.

everything is OK

An error was found, 1 cable from the choke was defective.

The Hall sensor test works, but in the end there is always the internal error reset.

My friend just did this 26T out of the original 22T and a 26T pulley, pressed together.

We both have belt skipping on our electric gokarts, with the original 22T. Looking forward to test this.

IMG_20200222_172011667.jpg

IMG_20200222_171957230.jpg

Great job :thumb: have you changed the pinion on the rear axle? Otherwise the transmission will be much longer.
To this modification, the effective tension on the belt is 1208N instead of 1428N with the old pinion 22T.

PITMIX said:
Great job :thumb: have you changed the pinion on the rear axle? Otherwise the transmission will be much longer.

We can move the hole motor mount back and forth on the gokart frame

Okay, this is to tighten the belt, but what I mean is that the ratio will drop from 4.7: 1 if you have a 22T motor gear and 104T rear gear. With the 26T you have 3.9: 1 if you keep the 104T pinion.
The motor will force more and consume more energy.

PITMIX said:
Okay, this is to tighten the belt, but what I mean is that the ratio will drop from 4.7: 1 if you have a 22T motor gear and 104T rear gear. With the 26T you have 3.9: 1 if you keep the 104T pinion.
The motor will force more and consume more energy.

Oh.... yes of course, I know. We are still in testing face..... At the moment I run 22T - 72T ( 3,27 : 1) So with 26T I have 2,76 : 1

With 3,27 : 1 my topspeed is 92km/h.... The goal is to cross the 100km/h mark...

92km/h Wow !! :D :shock:

Back