Bafang SW102 Bluetooth LCD - OpenSource firmware and mobile app

stefkrger said:
casainho said:
SW102 new firmware release
The previous firmware version on SW102 had a problematic issue where the configurations and other settings were not being saved and I was able, finally, to correct it.
Hi casainho, I just installed this update since I had been waiting for a fix for the configuration bug. However, with this update when I start the system in the lower part of the display it says "motor bloc" (blinking) and I cannot enter the configuration screen. With the previous version (0.6.5) it was working except for the configuration bug. I did not change anything except the display FW.

Motor FW is 0.54.0 and motor is a 36V version.
Ok, I found the issue. I will make a new release today.

casainho said:
stefkrger said:
casainho said:
The previous firmware version on SW102 had a problematic issue where the configurations and other settings were not being saved and I was able, finally, to correct it.
Hi casainho, I just installed this update since I had been waiting for a fix for the configuration bug. However, with this update when I start the system in the lower part of the display it says "motor bloc" (blinking) and I cannot enter the configuration screen. With the previous version (0.6.5) it was working except for the configuration bug. I did not change anything except the display FW.

Go and download the new version. For the keys, read the wiki.

casainho said:
casainho said:
stefkrger said:
casainho said:

Few bugs on tsdz2-0.54.0 and sw102-0.6.7

- On main screen, when you short press and release MODE it goes back to main screen but there are no numbers.
- On power-up of sw102 (long press power button) there is nudge from the motor, it just starts to pull for a brief moment
- When exiting configuration screen again, motor pulls/nudges for a bit and it looks like time for how long it pulls is not constant
- While trying to access "Assist" sub-menu, sw102 froze, had to disconnect battery and connect it again. On second attempt there was no issue.
- Default settings are for battery 52V not 48V, which was the case in previous versions.

I have installed SW102_v0.6.7. now parameters are saved, only battery soc freeze display.
Great Work. The best release I have tried. :bigthumb:

hefest said:
casainho said:
casainho said:
stefkrger said:

Few bugs on tsdz2-0.54.0 and sw102-0.6.7

- On main screen, when you short press and release MODE it goes back to main screen but there are no numbers.
- On power-up of sw102 (long press power button) there is nudge from the motor, it just starts to pull for a brief moment
- When exiting configuration screen again, motor pulls/nudges for a bit and it looks like time for how long it pulls is not constant
- While trying to access "Assist" sub-menu, sw102 froze, had to disconnect battery and connect it again. On second attempt there was no issue.
- Default settings are for battery 52V not 48V, which was the case in previous versions.

I can confirm all those issues.
I also have a problem with the lighting:
If I turn on the light after power on but before riding, the motor wont engage.
If I turn on the light during the ride, the motor continue to run, until I stop pedaling, then the motor can't restart.
I'm not sure it's firmware related anyway.

On install of SW102_v0.6.7, the configuration is saved and the Assist level is saved across power off and power up. After limited testing (20'F colder outside than I ride), I have not yet encountered the freeze at the configuration panel, nor the issue with no assist when starting with the lights on. Can confirm the other issues. Regarding the assist nudge, it is still there on start-up and when returning to the main1 panel from the configuration panel, however the light flicker that I previously encountered along with the nudge with v0.6.5, is not happening in v0.6.7, so far.

It took some muscle memory development to be able to consistently get to the config screen from the main panels instead of power offing :confused: .

Looking forward to some warmish temps so that I can fine tune my Assist level preferences!!! :thumb: :D

Oh yes, one more thing. When updating the odometer setting in config (after switching units from SI to Imperial), when I enter a number and saved it, the number would change to a lower value, i.e. 120-->77.4. So I'd enter 120 again, and it became 84.2, then say 150, and it saved as 114.2, like it was doing some kind of averaging/smoothing. Clear? Any thoughts on this? Nevertheless, so happy to be able to reset the odometer. :D

Thanks for the quick update and fix for my problem casainho.
Just made my first ride on the 0.54.0 and 0.6.7 and it has been great!

One thing that came to my mind:
I read somewhere that there should be an option to configure a minimum torque level for the assistance to kick in from still stand.
Eg. if I use the assist without pedal option this will be helpful not to start the motor with my feet resting on the pedals.

Is that torque configuration available on SW102 yet?

stefkrger said:
... there should be an option to configure a minimum torque level for the assistance to kick in from still stand. ...

That would be amazingly helpful!!!!! :thumb:

Went for a test drive 0.54+0.6.7 and the feeling motor is giving is much better out of the box.

One thing that Im missing is than I cant see motor temperature and its enabled.

Another issue is that even at 5th assist level which is set at 0.9 I'm not getting more than 500w from motor. Maximum current is set at 16A. On a steep incline i tried pushing it the maximum an it was outputting only 400w. Not sure what the issue is.

windburner said:
While testing to see what minimum re-config I could do to take advantage of an opportunity to ride with v0.6.5, I made the following additional observations:

• The long motor jiggle noted above is not good. When it happens, the application of assist power afterwards is all wrong (sounds destructive!!!), and requires a power off to correct, and, you guessed it, re-config. This upset has also occurred simply cycling through Main2/Config/Main1 to see the values on Main2. So, any way you get to Main1 is preceeded by the jiggle, with the potential to upset power application.

With 0.6.5, I had the exact same issue with jiggle on start, then some kind of misconfig/ unsynchronised motor when the jiggle take some time.
I never reproduced it since i upgraded to 0.6.7

feyris said:
windburner said:
While testing to see what minimum re-config I could do to take advantage of an opportunity to ride with v0.6.5, I made the following additional observations:

• The long motor jiggle noted above is not good. When it happens, the application of assist power afterwards is all wrong (sounds destructive!!!), and requires a power off to correct, and, you guessed it, re-config. This upset has also occurred simply cycling through Main2/Config/Main1 to see the values on Main2. So, any way you get to Main1 is preceeded by the jiggle, with the potential to upset power application.

With 0.6.5, I had the exact same issue with jiggle on start, then some kind of misconfig/ unsynchronised motor when the jiggle take some time.
I never reproduced it since i upgraded to 0.6.7

I too have not yet encountered the long motor jiggle (with upset) in v0.6.7. On the other hand, with v0.6.7 the short jiggle on start-up and when returning to the Main panel from Config usually does not usually flash the lights, but sometimes does. In v0.6.5, it consistently flashed the lights with the motor jiggle.

You know, I don't recall seeing any notation to say whether the jiggle introduced in v0.6.5 is by design or a coding artifact.

I am not sure how to access the config settings on 0.6.7.

It seems when i press the m button, the config screen opens, but then disappears when i release the button. i have tried long pressing, double pressing, and combinations of buttons, but the menu only pops up momentarily while the m button is pressed.

What am i missing about setting the config options on the latest firmware?

Thanks!

gatorsean said:
... It seems when i press the m button, the config screen opens, but then disappears when i release the button. ...

When you press the M button, you are actually seeing the description of the data items being displayed.

With v0.6.7, in order to get to the config screen, you have to quick press and then hold the power button. This takes some practice. If, on the quick press, the screen changes from info1 to info 2 (or, vice versa), it will turn off on the hold. The key is that when you do the quick press, the screen stays the same, then on the hold, the config screen will appear in a few seconds, at which time you release.

It took me more than 10 tries to get this to happen, now, it probably happens on the first try, ~70% of the time.

windburner said:
gatorsean said:
... It seems when i press the m button, the config screen opens, but then disappears when i release the button. ...

When you press the M button, you are actually seeing the description of the data items being displayed.

With v0.6.7, in order to get to the config screen, you have to quick press and then hold the power button. This takes some practice. If, on the quick press, the screen changes from info1 to info 2 (or, vice versa), it will turn off on the hold. The key is that when you do the quick press, the screen stays the same, then on the hold, the config screen will appear in a few seconds, at which time you release.

It took me more than 10 tries to get this to happen, now, it probably happens on the first try, ~70% of the time.

Thanks so much! Still quite a bit of freezing setting up options, but if you go one setting at a time and power down in between, you can get it set up.

Hey guys, i just finished my Bafang Ultra build and really want check out this outstanding source! Im planing on using the minimalistic sw102 display and maybe developing an android extension app as im an android devolper ;)

Is this source ready for use with the Bafang Ultra (g510/m620)?

motorm3ssie said:
Hey guys, i just finished my Bafang Ultra build and really want check out this outstanding source! Im planing on using the minimalistic sw102 display and maybe developing an android extension app as im an android devolper ;)

Is this source ready for use with the Bafang Ultra (g510/m620)?

This firmware is for the Tong Sheng TSDZ2, the SW102 should work with Bafang motors already since it is a Bafang display. Not really a need for open source firmware with them since they allow programming (well the DIY OEM motors do).

Ok thank you. Then i need to develop my own firmware. I know i could use stock firmware or flash eggrider firmware but i want to develop some custom features. Do you know what protocol the controllers use to communicate with the display, is it can open? Is ist documented somewhere?

Stupid question here: will I be able to upload eggrider firmware with your bootloader flashed on my sw102?

Long time since I read this topic . (One year maybe ?).

Is there a custom firmware for sw102 + bbs02 now ?

Hi Guys,
As I can see you did a great job. :thumb: Your opensource solutions are great! I have just ordered a SW102 display and I am just asking if it is still needed to open this display to update the original firmware? It looks to me you had a goal to find a solution to avoid it. Do you have any luck on this?
Thanks,

Back