GM retreating into its shell ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_corporate_profits_and_losses

GM have three places in the top 11 of largest annual losses of all time. Tens of billions! :eek:

69 billion over the 2 financial years ending 2007/8 ... Wow, that had to hurt.

How anyone can complete with companies losing that sort of money... (Yes, yes bailouts too but not everyone is a favorite that will get those).

This financial year is still in the black for Tesla if I recall correctly, not that it matters.

If Tesla is in red: say how bad they are doing financially.
If Tesla is in the black: say how slowly they are growing and that demand will dry up shortly. The profit will never be big enough anyway.

Amazon confused investors and analysts for years and look at them now... Probably still confusing people. Haha

I,m disappointed, but not surprised. A few years ago the most loved Aussie cars were the Ford Falcon & Holden Commodore. Problem was, as popular as they were, the public stopped buying them. Ford respectfullly retired the Falcon. GM rebadged an imported FWD that isn't even built by GM & hoped no one would notice! Holden fans were insulted.
BTW, has anyone else noticed that GM hasn't put the "Holden" name on any vehicles for 20 years? Go on, walk around any 21st century "Holden" , even look around inside. How many times does the name ( not the logo ) appears?. None!

AussieRider

Aren't Holdens considered a national icon in that part of the world, the kind of car that can take a bit of rust without the daylight showing through? Tell your bloody government that GM can do whatever the hell it wants but Australia is keeping Holden. Guinness used to be like that here in Ireland, a national institution and then they where sold off to some multinational pisswater conglomerate. If no one from Ireland was willing to buy it then the state should have stepped in, fxing potato republic :/

AussieRider said:
BTW, has anyone else noticed that GM hasn't put the "Holden" name on any vehicles for 20 years? Go on, walk around any 21st century "Holden" , even look around inside. How many times does the name ( not the logo ) appears?. None!
AussieRider
Hold on there maaaaate !..
Lots of Ozzies will have seen these at the weekend 1 :wink:
bzaCzq.png

Doesnt that count ? :lol:
But , yes an interesting point !
And ironic that the one car with the name “writ Large”. Is a german designed, PSA owned/built, model. !! :evil:

Yeah HH, you got me there.... Sort of. It's got the "Holden" name on it, but no "Holden" parts. Chassis is custom, sorta like a NASCAR stocker, engine is Chevy, drivetrain, ZF race, suspension is Bilstein ( I think ) & body panels are Opel.
No Holden in there mate.

Punx0r said:
Europe missed out on the Bolt because of GM pulling out of Opel/Vauxhall :(

It's called Opel Ampera-E over here. It's a quite good car.

This (Bolt, Ampera-E) cars electric drive train and battery are made by LG Chem anyway, so only the "shell" is not made in Korea.

Back