QS 3000w midmotor

larsb said:
I’ve done 110km/h on the votol em150 qs3000w combination. Shouldn’t you get even higher speed?

The battery pack I am using right now (20s2p spim08hp) goes pretty fast to 66v when i´m pushing it, and stays there for long time, but I think that it take down some topspeed. I´m in the making of building a new pack out of 21700 p42a Molicels based on the NESE system... They hold voltage much better.

Sorry which specific # model is the topic of this thread?

I find just using the supposed watts rating to be confusing.

Besides QS website, is there a resource with a summary listing of the variois QS motors, and their most-relevant minimal specs?

i'm trying to save some $$$ by using either of these 2 controllers i have lying around:

1) kelly KLS7230

2) yuyangking YKZ7280

any thoughts on using those? the #2 is a square-wave controller if that's an issue at all...

these IPM motors are more picky w/ controllers, right?

Hey Im new to this, just purchased a 3000w motor and esc combo from qsmotor for an electric pit bike build is there anything to know? Thanks.

crf150rb said:
Hey Im new to this, just purchased a 3000w motor and esc combo from qsmotor for an electric pit bike build is there anything to know? Thanks.
you'll have to list everything you already know for us to know if there's anything left to tell you.

I know basic electronics and machine work. mainly concerned about having to program the esc and securely mounting stuff.

larsb said:
It’s QS 138 70h 3000w mid drive.
Which I noted you run at up to 20kW right? So what is max peak phase amps?

And which controllers get that level of power out of it?

Any of them true FOC? conducive to keeping multiple motors in sync?

ideally with variable regen?

Hello I use this engine with a Nucular 24F. The motor is 20kW with 500A phase and 300A battery. It does not heat up. I noted 31 ° C in intense use with 15 ° C outside. QS recommends 470A phases.

Is there any downside to using a much bigger controller than what is required to max out a given small motor?

Other than cost size weight of course.

And assuming you have good protective limits, set appropriately low for the motor.

Wh per km efficiency better, worse, about the same?

john61ct said:
Is there any downside to using a much bigger controller than what is required to max out a given small motor?

Other than cost size weight of course.

And assuming you have good protective limits, set appropriately low for the motor.

Wh per km efficiency better, worse, about the same?
bigger means better/more fets wich means lower IR wich means more efficinecy. usually higher tier ones can switch more accuratly/faster dus to better parts so they are a bit more effcient in general.

especially chinese controllers you need to keep below 75% or so of full power in order to keep the efficiency acceptable. industrial stuff like sevcon you can go crazy as they are made with the best parts money can buy and designed by really expensive enginerds.

*enginerds*

That made my day. What a beautiful word. And so wonderfully descriptive.

macribs said:
*enginerds*
That made my day. What a beautiful word. And so wonderfully descriptive.

guess what elechicken means then... :mrgreen:

Torti Look at the 18 page, it's very easy to install. It is necessary to dismantle the flange at the front of the motor and pass the probe through the electrical box with the motor phases.

how many motor poles does the qs 138 have?

and does anyone know what needs to be set on the kelly controller?

pole pairs or the individual poles.

5 poles

Torti said:
does the 138 motor have a temperature sensor?
its a option when ordering. als mention the type of sensor.

Torti said:
how many motor poles does the qs 138 have?
and does anyone know what needs to be set on the kelly controller?
pole pairs or the individual poles.
for a kelly it generally does not matter what you enter, its just for getting the right rpm to register in the controller so you can set the right rpm limits for speed control.

Back