Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

sens_dep said:
Anodizing seems AWESOME. But i don't have a workshop like you guys! lol.

It really doesn't take much as far as a shop goes. Could probably do it on a stove top - use the stove vent fan to mitigate any fumes.

A controllable power supply is best, but you can use low power wall-warts or battery chargers too. Main things you need is a DC power supply, a plastic bucket (could be from leftover food) and diluted sulphuric acid.

Is there anything in particular you can't get?

sens_dep said:
Any other solutions that will result in cool /durable coatings?

I haven't done it myself, but there is also powder coating, but an air compressor seems to be needed:

[youtube]wNmRLIVEU10[/youtube]

Just realized the non terminated wire under the seat is for the GPS tracker on the Chinese models... is there a tracker we can wire up to it that would work on the US version? Seems really useful.

3DTOPO said:
X-Nitro said:
Generally drop-shippers charge their customers a premium for access to "their" parts, that they don't actually have at all lol.

OK, but it's pure speculation on your part if that is what they are actually doing or not, right?

X-Nitro said:
You can just go buy the parts for less from a real dealer, but you do as you please.
I'm seeing behind the site, looks dirty to me.

How are you seeing "behind the site"?

This is Jack Cecil - he's a stand up dude. He's posting a lot of Surron related content on Youtube recently. He's an experienced importer and has a good rep in the performance car scene. He's partnering with ERT and Litespeed which I was initially very suspect of, but to their credit they do appear to be actually delivering products at this point. Maybe it won't be a complete disaster.

I don't think they are drop shipping.

I'm not in any way related, nor do I know him personally - just a long time youtube subscriber.

sens_dep said:
Just realized the non terminated wire under the seat is for the GPS tracker on the Chinese models... is there a tracker we can wire up to it that would work on the US version? Seems really useful.

Pretty sure there isn't.

3DTOPO said:
sens_dep said:

Pretty sure there isn't.

Plug and play, definitely not. But maybe wiring something up. Do schematics exist for the pin out on that connector?

Merlin said:
if you watch the colors looks ERT to me :D

listed under brands ERT and his Litespeed buddy :wink:

Agree.
Jack Cecil was banging on about them in his 70MPH Surron video on YT.
Jack also says he has partnered with ERT and Lightspeed.
I know nothing about Lightspeed but based on my personal dealing with ERT, I wouldn't touch them with a pole.

JuiceMeUp said:
Merlin said:
if you watch the colors looks ERT to me :D

listed under brands ERT and his Litespeed buddy :wink:

Agree.
Jack Cecil was banging on about them in his 70MPH Surron video on YT.
Jack also says he has partnered with ERT and Lightspeed.
I know nothing about Lightspeed but based on my personal dealing with ERT, I wouldn't touch them with a pole.

Lightspeed = ERT?

I've heard plenty of grumblings WRT ERT but so far ive heard good stuff WRT lightspeed....

Hey guys. Jack Cecil here. Yes ebikezilla.com is legit. I’m not advertising anywhere besides my YouTube channel. And yes i have the fastest Sur Ron (gps and VBOX verified) at 77.5mph (124.7kmh). 72v Litespeed battery with ERT bac4000. I also set the 60v record at 70.6mph GPS verified. If anyone has a faster Sur Ron id love to see gps video proof! I will be hitting 80mph very soon! (Maybe faster).

-Jack
YouTube.com/jackcecil

BoostCrzy said:
Hey guys. Jack Cecil here. Yes ebikezilla.com is legit. I’m not advertising anywhere besides my YouTube channel. And yes i have the fastest Sur Ron (gps and VBOX verified) at 77.5mph (124.7kmh). 72v Litespeed battery with ERT bac4000. If anyone has a faster Sur Ron id love to see gps video proof! I will be hitting 80mph very soon! (Maybe faster).

Luna hit over 100mph over a year ago at Laguna Seca before burning up the motor.

I have to say though, I think it is just reckless going over 70 on a Lite Bee. Bicycle brakes and a 8-pound fork just aren't up for the job. Hope you don't kill yourself showing off.

3DTOPO said:
BoostCrzy said:
Hey guys. Jack Cecil here. Yes ebikezilla.com is legit. I’m not advertising anywhere besides my YouTube channel. And yes i have the fastest Sur Ron (gps and VBOX verified) at 77.5mph (124.7kmh). 72v Litespeed battery with ERT bac4000. If anyone has a faster Sur Ron id love to see gps video proof! I will be hitting 80mph very soon! (Maybe faster).

Luna hit over 100mph over a year ago at Laguna Seca before burning up the motor.

I have to say though, I think it is just reckless going over 70 on a Lite Bee. Bicycle brakes and a 8-pound fork just aren't up for the job. Hope you don't kill yourself showing off.

Show me one ounce of gps proof that they hit over 70mph on anything Sur Ron. Please. I dare you.

BoostCrzy said:
3DTOPO said:
BoostCrzy said:

Show me one ounce of gps proof that they hit over 70mph on anything Sur Ron. Please. I dare you.

You dare me? What are you, mentally 12?

I have nothing to prove to you and have no affiliation with Luna. I honestly can't care less if you believe it or not. But if you want proof, you are barking up the wrong tree.

It was fairly well documented that they were running it at 28-32KW and showed pictures of the burnt up motor and at least a video of it running (racing a 450 Husqvarna). Someone on this list has first hand knowledge - he was involved with getting it to run at that power. And if you don't think a Sur Ron could do 100+ running at 32kw I guess you are a lost cause.

3DTOPO said:
BoostCrzy said:
3DTOPO said:
BoostCrzy said:

You dare me? What are you, mentally 12?

I have nothing to prove to you and have no affiliation with Luna. I honestly can't care less if you believe it or not. But if you want proof, you are barking up the wrong tree.

It was fairly well documented that they were running it at 28-32KW and showed pictures of the burnt up motor and at least a video of it running (racing a 450 Husqvarna). Someone on this list has first hand knowledge - he was involved with getting it to run at that power. And if you don't think a Sur Ron could do 100+ running at 32kw I guess you are a lost cause.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
but my daddy could beat up your daddy. :wink: :p

IIRC it was luke (liveforphysics) that did all the craziness? 700phA apparently has the effect of 'waking up' this motor hahah. Mine's fun enough at 500phA.

sn0wchyld said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
but my daddy could beat up your daddy. :wink: :p

:lol:

sn0wchyld said:
IIRC it was luke (liveforphysics) that did all the craziness? 700phA apparently has the effect of 'waking up' this motor hahah. Mine's fun enough at 500phA.

Yah, that's who I was thinking of, thanks!

Let’s see some proof then! I’ll keep barking up this tree till all of the rotten fruit has fallen out. This should be easy enough.

BoostCrzy said:
Let’s see some proof then!

If you want some proof - there is this magical thing called "Google". Or you could contact Luna and ask them. Do your own damn research.

BoostCrzy said:
I’ll keep barking up this tree till all of the rotten fruit has fallen out. This should be easy enough.

Rotten fruit? Who the f do you think you are?

Before you reared your ugly head in this thread, I was trying to stick up for you. But now I'll go out of my way to steer others away from your janky little drop-ship site. Piss off.

3DTOPO said:
If you want some proof - there is this magical thing called "Google". Or you could contact Luna and ask them. Do your own damn research.

BoostCrzy said:
I’ll keep barking up this tree till all of the rotten fruit has fallen out. This should be easy enough.

Rotten fruit? Who the f do you think you are?

Before you reared your ugly head in this thread, I was trying to stick up for you. But now I'll go out of my way to steer others away from your janky little drop-ship site. Piss off.

I just asked for simple proof. I have plenty of proof for my claim. Videos with multiple gps units to confirm. I’ve challenged lunas claims and instead of producing any proof at all they called me a bunch of names and banned me from their group. That just sealed the fact for me that they are the ones lying. There is no proof because they didn’t do it.

All i ask is that instead of insults and more useless responses, somebody show me proof that i am wrong. A simple video with gps or even an article with some credibility. I’ve searched. Otherwise i wouldn’t make the claim. You said their setup was “fairly well documented” show me the documents? All I’ve found were some factless wheelie videos and a few “race” videos with no technical data or speeds documented.

And as far as the website, I’m sorry you feel that way. You don’t need to defend me, but admitting that you will “steer people away” is pretty petty. I’m just trying to find facts instead of rumors.

Merlin said:
What's so special at your surron?
Nothing I can see.

Controller and battery that's it.

Any idiot will get the same result.

I’m just asking for proof that it’s been done. Has anyone gone faster with gps proof? I’m not trying to argue.

Maybe Nobody except you need to proof?

As I said. We are not talking 10 years ago about 80mph electric.
Today is just put a controller and battery on and there you are.

If you want to extend your third leg abit more, install 22s or more and you get even faster.

At the end its only the will to spend money in things that doesn't count on a daily use rider =)

Fair enough. I’m not trying to argue. Just sharing my results and asking if anyone else has anything similar to share. If not Then it is what is.

What is it with all the attitude going on here at ES lately? Too many trying to monetize on e-bike? Too many selling their mother and then some to get a fist full of dollars? Come on guys. E-bikes are fun, some even say it is a lifestyle. Let's all try to keep it fun and find other and simpler ways to make our millions. Lets try to keep this forum a happy place to learn, get inspired and see what others are thinkering with rather then slinging mud at each other. I "wise" man once told if you got nothing good to say, say nothing at all. He was wrong plenty of times, and far from wise all said and done, but that line kind of stuck'd with me.

I am not saying be a door math or turn the other cheek all the time, just think about your words and what phrases you keep pushing out from behind your keyboard. If you feel others are wrong, try to get your point across without slinging mud or making things personal rather then to the point.

Ha a nice week all you e-bike freaks and geeks. Ride hard and ride fast.

BoostCrzy said:
Let’s see some proof then! I’ll keep barking up this tree till all of the rotten fruit has fallen out. This should be easy enough.

If anyone did that on a sur-ron, it was Luke. “Live for Physics Death Bike”. Give that a google.

Here he is at laguna on a fuckin’ bmx frame.
https://youtu.be/KX-ki3pP8YU

I don’t think it’s a good idea to be wagging your “worlds fastest sur-ron” moniker around on this forum. We aren’t your YouTube comments. Anyone with a few brain cells knows all you did was swap a few components.

Hell, I’m smaller than you, bet I can get an identical bike to carry ME faster. Then MINE will be the fastest. LOL. Imagine barking about .6mph on GPS. Sounds like margin of error to me...

Back