Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

I wouldn't doubt it if Luke says it was over 100 mph. Luna on the other hand, in their videos was trying to show how the bike was faster than a 450 supermoto bike, when in reality a 450 would kill a Sur-ron. Unknowing people believe it. I watched the Ebikezilla videos and the bike is definitely fast and probably did everything said except for the dyno numbers as every dyno is calibrated differently. I had a Sur-ron motor tested at ASI with 10 mechanical horsepower produced at 50 volts and 400 amps. It would be more with 72 volts as long as it didn't sag below 50 volts. The 10 HP was at the motor and not at the rear wheelASI.jpg

motomoto said:
I wouldn't doubt it if Luke says it was over 100 mph. Luna on the other hand, in their videos was trying to show how the bike was faster than a 450 supermoto bike, when in reality a 450 would kill a Sur-ron.

Yeah, the jump in that video was weak sauce.

But - it was popping wheelies at what 50+ mph and in any event was definitely still a beast.

I recall Luna boasting it broke bones on several people.

Definitely something to brag about. </sarcasm>

sens_dep said:
If anyone did that on a sur-ron, it was Luke. “Live for Physics Death Bike”. Give that a google.

Here he is at laguna on a fuckin’ bmx frame.
https://youtu.be/KX-ki3pP8YU

I don’t think it’s a good idea to be wagging your “worlds fastest sur-ron” moniker around on this forum. We aren’t your YouTube comments. Anyone with a few brain cells knows all you did was swap a few components.

Hell, I’m smaller than you, bet I can get an identical bike to carry ME faster. Then MINE will be the fastest. LOL. Imagine barking about .6mph on GPS. Sounds like margin of error to me...

Here’s some facts:

Power doesn’t equal speed. So a 30kw Sur Ron (weight aside) can be slower than a 15kw Sur Ron (same riding weight) easily by fact of controller tuning. Sooooo I’m sure you understand that and can realize that what I’m building isn’t just a controller and battery upgrade. The speed I’m achieving speaks volumes for that effort.

I have verified and recorded my speed attempts to my best ability with the best test hardware i can afford. I did this to validate my claim. None of the videos luke or Luna have posted have any gps or verified speed data. Just be cause you don’t care, doesn’t mean it’s valid.

I’m not intimidated by any name calling or threatening posts trying to discredit me. Nor am i upset over it. I do this because i love speed. I love ebikes. And i love tuning. I’ll continue to share my efforts and hope to see some competition at some point. Until then, my claim stands. Prove me wrong if you want. Or not. No worries! I’m just trying to share.

I have no quarrel with some friendly light bee bench racing or oneupmanship. No need to go nucular on eachother, though. 8)

So far we have Merlin with a faster LMX? , and longest wheelie on video :thumb:

boostcrazy has one of the few ERT/lightspeed combos found in the wild and I enjoyed the review.

I think the aussies and the russians might have some hopped up light bees as well so the more the merrier

BoostCrzy said:
Power doesn’t equal speed. So a 30kw Sur Ron (weight aside) can be slower than a 15kw Sur Ron (same riding weight) easily by fact of controller tuning.

I'm certain Luke's 30kw Sur Ron far outperformed a 15kw one. Luke is legendary and very well respected in the community. He was probably hottrodding ebikes before you even knew they were a thing.

BoostCrzy said:
Until then, my claim stands.

Sure, sure. If ignoring the facts and lying to yourself makes you feel good, then by all means keep tooting your own horn. Of course you do so at your own peril.

BoostCrzy said:
Here’s some facts:

:lol:
Dear Jack, please go on and keep making a fool of yourself. It's great to read. :thumb:

But if you actually read around this forum you will find people that are designing and building their own electric motor, controller, battery packs and/or EV. And have been doing that for years. There is so much combined knowledge (not from me, I'm just in awe and taking note) and experience on this forum that a boasting YouTuber that needs other people and companies to provide him with a controller and battery pack to tune up his bought (not built) ebike doesn't really make as big an impression here then among the clueless kids visiting his YT channel... :roll:
(even if he uses "verified GPS")
:wink:

that wasnt the best idea boost....
extra register on ....-ES-.... to show the 'fastest surron' :lol:

.....The speed I’m achieving speaks volumes for that effort....

what effort are you talkin about? you ride an ASI and have probably no access to the controller except of what ASI gives End users.
All your effort was giving Alan the Money to ship a plug n play contorller + harness and you crazy guy installed it :mrgreen:

but hey ill accept your challenge. my girl has a surron too. i think i have some crap lipos and a 50kg girlfriend. :lol:

btw: you were riding 5% downhill. its all fake 8)
and i forgot the wheelchair acceleration of 28s for a 1/4mile :D

Attachments

• 2020-02-25_02h18_02.png
    2020-02-25_02h18_02.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 2,004
Merlin said:
that wasnt the best idea boost....
extra register on ....-ES-.... to show the 'fastest surron' :lol:

.....The speed I’m achieving speaks volumes for that effort....

what effort are you talkin about? you ride an ASI and have probably no access to the controller except of what ASI gives End users.
All your effort was giving Alan the Money to ship a plug n play contorller + harness and you crazy guy installed it :mrgreen:

but hey ill accept your challenge. my girl has a surron too. i think i have some crap lipos and a 50kg girlfriend. :lol:

btw: you were riding 5% downhill. its all fake 8)
and i forgot the wheelchair acceleration of 28s for a 1/4mile :D

Acceleration was in the video. Get your stop watch out if you want to extrapolate my rolling start from the VBOX data. Lol. It wasn’t an acceleration. Run. It was a top speed run.

0.3 meters of elevation over a quarter mile is “downhill” i guess. You got me there Sherlock. 😂

Can’t wait to see how your gf does! Keep me posted.

A lot of talking and still no gps challengers. Ill wait.

SlowCo said:
:lol:
Dear Jack, please go on and keep making a fool of yourself. It's great to read. :thumb:

But if you actually read around this forum you will find people that are designing and building their own electric motor, controller, battery packs and/or EV. And have been doing that for years. There is so much combined knowledge (not from me, I'm just in awe and taking note) and experience on this forum that a boasting YouTuber that needs other people and companies to provide him with a controller and battery pack to tune up his bought (not built) ebike doesn't really make as big an impression here then among the clueless kids visiting his YT channel... :roll:
(even if he uses "verified GPS")
:wink:

There is a LOT of great info on here yes! But still no proof that anyone is faster on a Sur Ron. That’s all I’m asking for. Some simple GPS proof. If you don’t care it’s fine. No reason to insult me.

And as for being a “boasting YouTuber”, I’m a shop owner for the past 12 years. YouTube is just for fun. Just like the Sur Ron!

BoostCrzy said:
But still no proof that anyone is faster on a Sur Ron.

Luke was running far faster over a year before you even got your hands on a Sur Ron. Believe it or not but no one owes you anything.

You swear having an ASI controller and battery pack you bought is novel. You'll have go back in time to actually make it true.

Merlin said:
i wonder what will happen when i give you a 85mph video with "only Handy GPS"
will you accept? :D

Hell yea! Get it on video!! I’m itching to see a Sur Ron go 85mph!

3DTOPO said:
BoostCrzy said:
But still no proof that anyone is faster on a Sur Ron.

Luke was running far faster over a year before you even got your hands on a Sur Ron. Believe it or not but no one owes you anything.

You swear having an ASI controller and battery pack you bought is novel. You'll have go back in time to actually make it true.

Blah blah blah. Less talkie, more proof.

BoostCrzy said:

I think you keep missing the point. No one is under any obligation to prove anything to you.

I don't know why it's hard to believe that people have done what you are bragging about (and more) long ago. You just got your Sur Ron a month ago and are acting like you are the OG Sur Ron Master. It's pathetic.

3DTOPO said:
BoostCrzy said:

I think you keep missing the point. No one is under any obligation to prove anything to you.

I don't know why it's hard to believe that people have done what you are bragging about (and more) long ago. You just got your Sur Ron a month ago and are acting like you are the OG Sur Ron Master. It's pathetic.

And again you keep responding with no proof. That’s even more pathetic. Go ahead. Repeat yourself again... “i DonT oWe u ANytHinG”. Well guess what, you also can’t prove that I’m wrong. So there’s that. The burden of proof was accepted when you decided to say i was wrong. So yes, you DO owe me.

Merlin said:
what if i go 85mph?
do i win a 1000$ voucher from your store? :D

we have to make it interessting :D

Send me an email: jack@horsepowerlogic.com or info@ebikezilla.com and I’ll make it worth it. And interesting.

You gave me a GREAT idea. 💡

BoostCrzy said:
And again you keep responding with no proof. That’s even more pathetic. Go ahead. Repeat yourself again... “i DonT oWe u ANytHinG”. Well guess what, you also can’t prove that I’m wrong. So there’s that. The burden of proof was accepted when you decided to say i was wrong. So yes, you DO owe me.

I think you're quite insane. You're the one making the claim that you have the World's Fastest Sur Ron, and you think the burden of proof is on me?

If you were less arrogant and used just a smidgen of common sense, you would realize there is nothing novel about installing an off-the-shelf controller and off-the-shelf battery, and therefore nothing incredible about doing 75mph on a Sur Ron. There are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of people running a similar (or better) configuration. Maybe one is a mile or two per hour faster than an other - who cares? How trivial and insecure do you have to be to care?

3DTOPO said:
BoostCrzy said:

I think you're quite insane. You're the one making the claim that you have the World's Fastest Sur Ron, and you think the burden of proof is on me?

If you were less arrogant and used just a smidgen of common sense, you would realize there is nothing novel about installing an off-the-shelf controller and off-the-shelf battery, and therefore nothing incredible about doing 75mph on a Sur Ron. There are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of people running a similar (or better) configuration. Maybe one is a mile or two per hour faster than an other - who cares? How trivial and insecure do you have to be to care?

🤦‍♂️

@boost' you do realise that Merlin is doing 75mph on a 1200w nominal motor right? Vs the surron nominal 6000w?

Just saying 8)

Chambers said:
@boost' you do realise that Merlin is doing 75mph on a 1200w nominal motor right? Vs the surron nominal 6000w?

Just saying 8)

An awesome feat! That’s really fast for 1200w!

But I’m honestly looking to see someone hitting big speeds on the Sur Ron. No matter how much power!

If we have the ruler out measuring dicks here, consider this:
The winner doesn't have one!
Her name is Eva Hakansson (engineer, academic, garage builder and balls of steel rider) and piloted her home built electric motorcycle to over 400Kph on the salt flats.
I had the pleasure of chatting with her at a local EV Expo. It dawned on me real fast that were splashing in the shallow end in contrast to this!
Like the rest of us. She has a family and a proper 9-5 job and built the Killa-joule for kicks.
Check out her channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwxRuhlyUXKbCEJzb2ONncQ

JuiceMeUp said:
If we have the ruler out measuring dicks here, consider this:
The winner doesn't have one!
Her name is Eva Hakansson (engineer, academic, garage builder and balls of steel rider) and piloted her home built electric motorcycle to over 400Kph on the salt flats.
I had the pleasure of chatting with her at a local EV Expo. It dawned on me real fast that were splashing in the shallow end in contrast to this!
Like the rest of us. She has a family and a proper 9-5 job and built the Killa-joule for kicks.
Check out her channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwxRuhlyUXKbCEJzb2ONncQ

Amazing!

Back