Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Gotta respect the well-modded sur rons :thumb:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td74xwDESOY

Would be even more fun for us illiterate'd in the russian language if that video was with english subtitle ;)
All I got from the video was more sure ron footage, possible they got a custom battery? Seems taller then stock?

macribs said:
Would be even more fun for us illiterate'd in the russian language if that video was with english subtitle ;)
All I got from the video was more sure ron footage, possible they got a custom battery? Seems taller then stock?

He's also using one of these:
https://nucular.tech/

Anyone know of good thermally conductive potting compounds? My new controller (^) gets here tomorrow, and I want to be prepped for rain / washing.

sens_dep said:
macribs said:

He's also using one of these:
https://nucular.tech/

Anyone know of good thermally conductive potting compounds? My new controller (^) gets here tomorrow, and I want to be prepped for rain / washing.

Ok, so his Sur Ron is using the 24f + custom battery? Do they go into details about the battery? 20s? Or 21s possible?

If you are getting a a nucular controller vasili is actually doing potting upon request. If later service is needed ha also got a way to remove the potting so maybe he uses some sort of hi-tech hi end potting that is removed with some kind of solvent that is not harmful to the electronics? If you do the potting yourself and got a nucular check with them if they can send you potting?

macribs said:

20s55Ah
With Nuc 24F
Before it he had BAC4k but did not like it due to license cost, you need it to change the settings.

Allex said:
macribs said:

20s55Ah
With Nuc 24F
Before it he had BAC4k but did not like it due to license cost, you need it to change the settings.

do you know where he got the battery? or is it home made? 55ah is huge at 20s

SlowCo said:
BoostCrzy said:
Here’s some facts:

:lol:
Dear Jack, please go on and keep making a fool of yourself. It's great to read. :thumb:

But if you actually read around this forum you will find people that are designing and building their own electric motor, controller, battery packs and/or EV. And have been doing that for years. There is so much combined knowledge (not from me, I'm just in awe and taking note) and experience on this forum that a boasting YouTuber that needs other people and companies to provide him with a controller and battery pack to tune up his bought (not built) ebike doesn't really make as big an impression here then among the clueless kids visiting his YT channel... :roll:
(even if he uses "verified GPS")
:wink:

Shut up stupid. I for one would like to see a race. This community has stagnated and shrunk for years, now with the average user on this forum being 54 years of age nobody is doing anything different than they were in the 8 plus year old threads. Motorsports competition is one of the best ways to encourage tech advances and the spread of new ideas.

A lot of you guys use Luke's name as if its a magic spell to automatically win you an argument.

Merlin said:
that wasnt the best idea boost....
extra register on ....-ES-.... to show the 'fastest surron' :lol:

.....The speed I’m achieving speaks volumes for that effort....

what effort are you talkin about? you ride an ASI and have probably no access to the controller except of what ASI gives End users.
All your effort was giving Alan the Money to ship a plug n play contorller + harness and you crazy guy installed it :mrgreen:

but hey ill accept your challenge. my girl has a surron too. i think i have some crap lipos and a 50kg girlfriend. :lol:

btw: you were riding 5% downhill. its all fake 8)
and i forgot the wheelchair acceleration of 28s for a 1/4mile :D

Does that smart phone not have a camera that shoots video? If so why not record the run so we can see which setup gets a higher top speed?

Racap: there's a guy in S. Florida who says he has the fastest GPS tested Sur-Ron right now. Are you gonna let that shittt ride?

st35326 said:
This community has stagnated and shrunk for years, now with the average user on this forum being 54 years of age nobody is doing anything different than they were in the 8 plus year old threads. Motorsports competition is one of the best ways to encourage tech advances and the spread of new ideas.

A lot of you guys use Luke's name as if its a magic spell to automatically win you an argument.

Really?
I think that this youtube guy would not be able to ride with bikes like the Surron without the research work of people like LFP and others with similar interests.
Whether here in ES, YT, FB or somewhere else is not the point, thing is that your statemets are disrespectful and arrogant towards the community.
I would count myself as one of those "research and build guys" most of the time, and have absolut the same respect if not more for folks who doing stunts or cool things when riding, but the best race driver is nothing without mentioned people developing new stuff (like Surron tuning controller and battery), or mechanics which keep his vehicle steady.

Does anyone know if the Sur-Ron rear wheel is dished any? Going to lace an 18" wheel and need to know if I should dish it.

Offroader said:
Does anyone know if the Sur-Ron rear wheel is dished any? Going to lace an 18" wheel and need to know if I should dish it.
No dish on the stock wheel. :thumb: If you want you could move the rim left away from the chain a few mil (<5) for tire clearance, mine is centered & has plenty room for a 3.00" sr244 (3.5" wide). The other side has the kickstand spring anchor to contend with, can be shortened imo.

Offroader said:

What size of 18 are you going with?

Rix said:
Offroader said:

What size of 18 are you going with?

Rix, I have an 18x3.00 Shinko 241 tire. That really is probably the best tire for this bike. I do like the stock tire, but it wears away very quickly. I may use my Sur-Ron to commute to work sometimes and it would really wear away the stock tire.

The other issue I noticed with the stock sur-ron tire in the rear is that it seems to lose grip very easily in the dirt when accelerating. I'm not sure if the wider 18x3.00 shinko will be better but I'm thinking it will. I'm ripping up everything with the tire.
The Shinko 241 on my hub motor bike never was able to spin so easily, but it could be because it was a hub motor, although I was using a lot of power on it.

The stock tire on the front wears away very slowly and is perfect for the front. Especially considering its light weight for a motorcycle tire.

I'm right now in the process of figuring out the spoke length to order. I want to have this ready for the spring.

Segway (surron;) electric dirt bikes have arrived in the usa and will be available from authorized bike shops and Segway dealers.. example : maddogcycles.com

(initiate ubiquitous usa e-mobility project:)

I went with a HDPE plastic skid plate from Australia $60 delivered to Hawaii.It don’t bend and slides over stuff easy and I have tested it on boulders .

Yeah HDPE is some tough super slippery stuff. Out of all the after market skid plates I've seen I like that one the most.

I have the HDPE from Australia along with the HDPE rear fender. Both excellent quality easy install. Also I run the Michelin Starcross 5 Mediums they fit perfectly. These tires are known to run narrow on mx bikes and are a lot lighter due to the thinner sidewalls. 1/4 throttle also a must with the x controller. So much better. And for me the trucker co pads bite really well with a 225mm Hope up front and stock rear disc.

Such a fun bike. I’ve been into mx since I was a kid and have the 2006 RIcky Carmichael Edition RM250 which is awesome. Both of these are all I really need. Live trip riding the Sur Ron.

My only issue that I have is valve stem shears. I need to go tubeless I think. Every other ride I bust a tube.

I use a Talon 1.4 cnc rim lock,drilled a hole opposite of the tube.Run 12psi in mud and rocks,still have original tubes.

So i saw a video of a luna sponsored rider saying they are coming out with a luna controller and battery that are much better very soon.. is this the new things for 2020 they were talking about? Or is it something sur ron themselves are going to do? Im wondering if i should hold off on buying my new sur ron till this comes out, if its just rumours, or if its only going to be optional on top of buying a complete sur ron and i should just go for it now anyway.

Luna is out of stock on light bee atm.. I think the new luna battery is close to available since some test riders have it.. when it's on their web you'll know .. Luna battery should be really safe bc it's "potted" and "wireless" for water and vibration protection.. other options are teznic, ebikezilla, maddogcycles.. never heard anything more about the rumored factory LB pro .. look for storm bee next instead.. also white ghost has been spotted in the wild;).. will look for the pic..

if anyone goes looking for the bashguard ad that was in this thread, it's been moved to the place ads go to, along with the specific posts referring to/replying to the ad:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=105095

I've added KTM 85 fenders front and rear as well as a mud flap. The rear needed some support, it was much too floppy just bolted to the stock rear. I used some 1/2 inch pvc pipe, ground to fit the sub frame pockets in the KTM fender and then attached to the front seat studs with coupling nuts. It is rock solid, might even survive a wheelie over. Here are too many pictures.fenders.jpgrear fender.jpgrear under.jpgfront seat attachment.jpgmud flap.jpg

Attachments

• mud test.jpg
    mud test.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 1,526
Back