Silent mid-drive torque e-bike motor

You can look at the various DIY threads in this forum section, where people use DD hubmotors in the frame, and then if you drive it with a sinewave controller, it should be as silent as is possible, depending on the drivetrain you use to pass the power to the wheel. A belt will be quieter than a chain, but lossier and not generally shiftable for different gears.

Some of them are indexed here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38553

Hi and thanks. But that is to extreme for me.
I want something that workes right of the box. No tweaking. Thats not for me.
Im using a Bullitt cargo bike riding approx 2x10km to and from work everyday. I want it to go around 25-35km/h as my previous TSDZ2 mid-drive motor did. That one broke! The axle just snapped right off.
I like everything else with TSDZ2. Loved especially the torque sensor. But the noise from the motor was too loud.
Now I rid my Bullitt with an BBS02. Works ok. Pretty much soundless. But superboring to ride with no torque sensor. Its like riding a moped.

The next closest would be the Stokemonkey drives, but I don't know if theyr'e still made, or if they'd fit your Bullitt without custom work.

Animalector said:
TSDZ is about as quiet as it gets for bolt-on drives with torque sensing. not really much else available.

Later
Also TSDZ2 was updated to use helical gears that reduces the noise. And you did not mention if you are using the metal gear, because it is loud but the blue gear is the best for low noise.

matte2k said:
Hi and thanks. But that is to extreme for me.
I want something that workes right of the box. No tweaking. Thats not for me.
Im using a Bullitt cargo bike riding approx 2x10km to and from work everyday. I want it to go around 25-35km/h as my previous TSDZ2 mid-drive motor did. That one broke! The axle just snapped right off.
I like everything else with TSDZ2. Loved especially the torque sensor. But the noise from the motor was too loud.
Now I rid my Bullitt with an BBS02. Works ok. Pretty much soundless. But superboring to ride with no torque sensor. Its like riding a moped.

As i see so much people saying they broke the axle of their TSDZ2 motor.

Does this also happen on the latest versions of the motor?

How old is your TSDZ2 motor?

Back