Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Lash said:
Managed to get a ride in along the Castlemaine to Maldon rail trail in Central Victoria, AUS on the weekend. This means I got to test out my dual ebike carrier. It all went well! See a couple of pics below.

I'd like to get some quick tie down straps to make the tie down task faster, but apart from that I'm really happy. The rack is sturdy and doesn't bop around at all. I think this combo should open up some great options for day-trip rides around the traps.

I'm yet to switch out the rear wheel on my Alpha to get it back on the road - so the MAC12T powered Beta is getting a workout lately & I'm loving it! What a little beast.

Looking forward to some more rides now that I have a bit of extra time coming my way.

futr-ebike-rack.jpg

futr-train.jpg

I have a Mac12 on my P7 with a 9fet controller outside of the box, its really spunky for the amount of current I am flowing. I really like it.

Anyone know how i could go about getting some custom Torque Arms for the Futr Beta,

Cheers

cheeko said:
Anyone know how i could go about getting some custom Torque Arms for the Futr Beta,

Cheers

Yes. I designed my own and had them made in China a few years back for the Bomber/Fighter. They worked well and are still going strong. Here's one of the tests:
[youtube]UmvFA1vi-v4[/youtube]

Flick me a PM if you want more details.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
cheeko said:

Cheers

Yes. I designed my own and had them made in China a few years back for the Bomber/Fighter. They worked well and are still going strong. Here's one of the tests:
[youtube]UmvFA1vi-v4[/youtube]

Flick me a PM if you want more details.

Cheers

Thanks Man I ended up using Metal Putty to get the frame back to normal and i think ill try design some carbon fibre torque arms and print them at work.
Stealth Quoted me new rear sub frame i dont know anyone else with new one so i might build it up with smaller motor Mxus 3k after 2 years 90kmhr no way needed off road. What motor do you recommend?

Cowardlyduck said:
Glad you got it sorted. Stealth like to charge $$$ for some smaller things or other parts, it really doesn't do them any favours.

If you want something smaller than a MXUS 3k take a look at the 35mm Leaf motor's.

Cheers

Do you think it could take 83v charged i wouldnt pump out the amps i would turn it down but thought higher voltage, Battery should last longer as it needs less amps to get to 1500w say

Ill see how this goes for few weeks if not ill have to get one, Might even be cheaper to get it cut off and made better torque arms

cheeko said:
Do you think it could take 83v charged i wouldnt pump out the amps i would turn it down but thought higher voltage, Battery should last longer as it needs less amps to get to 1500w say

Ill see how this goes for few weeks if not ill have to get one, Might even be cheaper to get it cut off and made better torque arms
Yes it would take 83V, but depending on your wheel size, make sure you get at least 4 turn otherwise it will just overheat your controller.

You'll probably also want to add ferro fluid and hubsinks to keep it cool.

Cheers

cheeko said:
Cowardlyduck said:
Glad you got it sorted. Stealth like to charge $$$ for some smaller things or other parts, it really doesn't do them any favours.

If you want something smaller than a MXUS 3k take a look at the 35mm Leaf motor's.

Cheers

A 5T leaf motor would be very happy with that voltage and 20-30 amps.

Allex said:
Where do you guys source your 24" tires?
halo ception is gone
DMR moto digger is gone.

Duro Razorbacks direct from Stealth https://stealthelectricbikes.com/product-category/spare-parts/
Same tire, different name from Unicycle.com https://www.unicycle.com/duro-24-x-3-0-dh-tire/
And the toughest 3.00x24" tire I have ever seen and ran http://www.eastgem.net/tire-24x3.html

Allex said:
Oh did not know Stealth had spare section now!

Contact Luke at Stealth, I'm getting my new Sub frame tomorrow he helped at a high fee..

Allex said:
Oh did not know Stealth had spare section now!

Yah, they have had that going for about a year now. But weren't to public about it, I discovered it by just checking out their website.

Welp, here’s my Alpha coming along

Since starting mid-January, I finally got a rolling chassis together. X5403 in moped rim and tire. Matching moped rim and tire up front.

Taking the chassis to the LBS to get brakes and drivetrain installed.

Hopefully get back end of day tomorrow so I can get controller Lipo bricks, throttle, CA, and other things that make this bike “electric”.

Previews of coming attractions is the following:
Typical suspension setup for these frames. USD-8’s with DNM Burner fear shock.
18 get Lyen controller
—Want to run at 60amps for now. Slowly build my way up to 80 amps once I get used to programming the throttle response on the CA
86V 18.6aH battery from HPC Ebikes
—another 1-2 weeks until they finish. been on the fence about using HK bricks. But living in an apartment, I just didn’t want to have any problems/worries about charging them inside(though I know it’s almost impossible). Also really can’t beat their 3 year warranty on the charger and battery. Heard nothing but good things about their customer service.
MT5 with 203mm rotor up front
MT4-E with 180mm rotor in the rear
CA V3 with just about everything I can connect to it(throttle, ebrake, 3-speed switch, etc)
Surly Singeator for single speed drive train

Huge shout out to Rix who helped guide me with the parts to purchase.

B931B35A-ABF3-4C50-B587-004FDB6DF8D5.jpeg
7040C968-06F8-4FEB-9DCF-7D03508725F2.jpeg

Hi All

Finally got my new swingarm and fited it up from stealth for some $$$, I was lucky i didnt spin it on ride, but ill tone down the REGAN i think it was that rather then power.

Old one
Old Swingarm.jpg

New one
New Swingarm.jpg

Today from Rack and Roll i picked up this ebike rack, He beefed it up to carry easy 100kg each very light easy to get off, Stealth did aproach him to resell years ago but why sell for peanuts he said.

Bike Trailer.jpg

Time to start riding again,

Trackman417 said:
Welp, here’s my Alpha coming along

Since starting mid-January, I finally got a rolling chassis together. X5403 in moped rim and tire. Matching moped rim and tire up front.

Taking the chassis to the LBS to get brakes and drivetrain installed.

Hopefully get back end of day tomorrow so I can get controller Lipo bricks, throttle, CA, and other things that make this bike “electric”.

Previews of coming attractions is the following:
Typical suspension setup for these frames. USD-8’s with DNM Burner fear shock.
18 get Lyen controller
—Want to run at 60amps for now. Slowly build my way up to 80 amps once I get used to programming the throttle response on the CA
86V 18.6aH battery from HPC Ebikes
—another 1-2 weeks until they finish. been on the fence about using HK bricks. But living in an apartment, I just didn’t want to have any problems/worries about charging them inside(though I know it’s almost impossible). Also really can’t beat their 3 year warranty on the charger and battery. Heard nothing but good things about their customer service.
MT5 with 203mm rotor up front
MT4-E with 180mm rotor in the rear
CA V3 with just about everything I can connect to it(throttle, ebrake, 3-speed switch, etc)
Surly Singeator for single speed drive train

Huge shout out to Rix who helped guide me with the parts to purchase.

B931B35A-ABF3-4C50-B587-004FDB6DF8D5.jpeg
7040C968-06F8-4FEB-9DCF-7D03508725F2.jpeg

Its great to see you back on ES after the 3 year hiatus. Those HPC packs work pretty good, plus they are US which is a huge plus. IF you are running that kind of voltage on a 5403, your top speed will be in excess of 54MPH. :twisted: Nice.

cheeko said:
Hi All

Finally got my new swingarm and fited it up from stealth for some $$$, I was lucky i didnt spin it on ride, but ill tone down the REGAN i think it was that rather then power.

Old one
Old Swingarm.jpg

New one
New Swingarm.jpg

Today from Rack and Roll i picked up this ebike rack, He beefed it up to carry easy 100kg each very light easy to get off, Stealth did aproach him to resell years ago but why sell for peanuts he said.

Bike Trailer.jpg

Time to start riding again,

That is a sweet bike hauler. I like it!

Thansk Rix

Next Job would to maybe trim the battery opening, Its bit tight getting 20S7P battery out every time i need to transport, Wonder how many people leave battery in and transport.

also while im doing it i think my controller can fit undershock, it will be truley stealth then LOL.

cheeko said:
Thansk Rix

Next Job would to maybe trim the battery opening, Its bit tight getting 20S7P battery out every time i need to transport, Wonder how many people leave battery in and transport.

also while im doing it i think my controller can fit undershock, it will be truley stealth then LOL.

I leave my battery in during transport every time. I have fit 6 and 9 fet controllers in the beta subframe. My current P7R, I have it mounted on the battery plate on the underside of the frame. Just works better hanging the controller there, like you have done.

Yeah. I think I won't change something that works lol..

I have used tough Velcro it's very strong

Hi guys, I'm trying to get all the info I need in front of me for my first Beta build. This will be an upgrade/brother to my Trek Marlin 7 with 52V/21Ah + BBSHD, which I use for my 6Km each way commute, and a bit of gravel riding. I usually sit around 38-40Km/h. I'm a mechanical engineer by trade so I'm fairly confident I can do any required modifications, but I'm a bit new to hub motors and custom bikes and I'd really appreciate any help I can get.

This is my rough wishlist which I'm trying to figure out is achievable or not:
-I'm 6'4" and really like 29ers, so I'm thinking I'll cut off the dropouts and weld on my own dropouts to enable 29" wheels.
-I'd like to get a fairly large hub motor. I'd like to run 3-6Kw, ideally with a 5 speed freewheel. I originally thought MXUS 3K turbo, but I'm under the understanding that that might not be possible with a 5 speed?
-I'd like a dual front chainring, as large as I can go on the big ring, and with a narrow/wide pattern, to try and get some semblance of pedaling at higher speeds, and a smaller ring to manually drop down to to get home in the case of breakdowns. Not really sure what I should be looking for though.
-Haven't decided on controller yet, but it'll be whatever I need to get up to around 60Km/h+ with a 72V battery.

If anybody could give me some good pointers or other info that'd be amazing, thanks

Lightbluemk2 said:
Hi guys, I'm trying to get all the info I need in front of me for my first Beta build. This will be an upgrade/brother to my Trek Marlin 7 with 52V/21Ah + BBSHD, which I use for my 6Km each way commute, and a bit of gravel riding. I usually sit around 38-40Km/h. I'm a mechanical engineer by trade so I'm fairly confident I can do any required modifications, but I'm a bit new to hub motors and custom bikes and I'd really appreciate any help I can get.

This is my rough wishlist which I'm trying to figure out is achievable or not:
-I'm 6'4" and really like 29ers, so I'm thinking I'll cut off the dropouts and weld on my own dropouts to enable 29" wheels.
-I'd like to get a fairly large hub motor. I'd like to run 3-6Kw, ideally with a 5 speed freewheel. I originally thought MXUS 3K turbo, but I'm under the understanding that that might not be possible with a 5 speed?
-I'd like a dual front chainring, as large as I can go on the big ring, and with a narrow/wide pattern, to try and get some semblance of pedaling at higher speeds, and a smaller ring to manually drop down to to get home in the case of breakdowns. Not really sure what I should be looking for though.
-Haven't decided on controller yet, but it'll be whatever I need to get up to around 60Km/h+ with a 72V battery.

If anybody could give me some good pointers or other info that'd be amazing, thanks

There isn't enough room for the MXUS and a 5 speed freewheel, I am un aware if MXUS makes a 3K motor thats compatible with cassettes. If they did, you could use a 9 speed cassette and remove some of the cogs to make a narrow 4 speed, you will need to limit the derailleurs movement with the set screws, and your would only use 4 speeds of of your 9 speed shifter as well. I have done this and its a pain in the a$$ to get things to work and shift properly. Anyway, this can't be done with a free wheel because of the fixed width of the cog shaft and spacing.

Back