Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

There isn't enough room for the MXUS and a 5 speed freewheel, I am un aware if MXUS makes a 3K motor thats compatible with cassettes. If they did, you could use a 9 speed cassette and remove some of the cogs to make a narrow 4 speed, you will need to limit the derailleurs movement with the set screws, and your would only use 4 speeds of of your 9 speed shifter as well. I have done this and its a pain in the a$$ to get things to work and shift properly. Anyway, this can't be done with a free wheel because of the fixed width of the cog shaft and spacing.

Thanks Rix, any motor recommendations for equivalent output to the MXUS for a 135mm dropout?

The H40 series by Crystalytes are closest to the MXUS, and just a hair narrower and lighter. The H35 series and leaf motor is narrower and lighter, but not on the same level as the MXUS and H40 series. The Beta drops outs are 135mm, just too narrow for big motor and multiple speed cassettes and freewheels.

After initially having a Lightning Rods mid drive on the Beta, I changed to the Edge motor (same as Leaf, I believe - 35mm). I ran this with ferro fluid and hubsinks at around 5000w with no problem. I had a 5 speed freewheel (?) that allowed me to pedal along - the reason I switched from the LR mid drive.

The H4065 I had was just too heavy for the bike - the beta is light and nimble, a Mxus 3k or H4065 was just an anchor to me.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

around 55 to 60km/h on the flat. I am fairly big - 6'1", 115kg - so that should be taken into account. Running on 72v, 4T motor.

Edit - interesting - I didn't realise that you are also in NZ! If you are looking for a high power mid drive for the Beta, I have one of those... but with the caveat that you cannot pedal along, the motor spins too fast. Pedals are basically for show only.

PRW

Why did you get rid of the lighting rods? I was thinking upgrading from the Mxus 3k, But im also was thinking of downgrading while the Mxus 3k is very quick and i had my fun on 24S and 20S is really un practical and heavy and you cant do 80kmhr down tracks LOL, I was also thinking downgrading to the Leaf, Did you have any issues with brake Caliper and Axle Size in drop outs, is it the same size as the Mxus.

Lightbluemk2:- I have had the Mxus 3k for about 2 years now if you need any info let me know, but you definitly cant pedle at speed i have tried lol cant peddle quick enough.

PM me if you like.

cheeko said:
PRW

Why did you get rid of the lighting rods? I was thinking upgrading from the Mxus 3k, But im also was thinking of downgrading while the Mxus 3k is very quick and i had my fun on 24S and 20S is really un practical and heavy and you cant do 80kmhr down tracks LOL, I was also thinking downgrading to the Leaf, Did you have any issues with brake Caliper and Axle Size in drop outs, is it the same size as the Mxus.
Cheeko,
the only reason was because I wasn't able to pedal along. The LR motor is great, very high power and efficient. If you want the bike as a light quasi-motorbike, with the pedals only for show, the LR kit is great for that. The power was so good, I ended up changing the front cog from a 12T to an 18T, just to try and keep the front down when I was riding up steep hills.

No problem with the brakes or axle size with the Edge/ leaf - dropped straight in, with the 5 speed FW

PRW

Thanks Heaps, Yeah i was thinking running that with 20S, Can you PM me where you got the moto i like to know where other people got it as there is alot LOL

also what size spokes on the Leaf you use.

thanks for reply

Allex said:
18s18Ah Samsung 30q with Nucular 12F controller and 35mm Leaf motor
[youtube]pUdPJbUGfQA[/youtube]

Wow, nice making me more want to move to leaf. If had Nucular controller over year now it's pretty sweet
Are you running tourque or speed setting. I also cant seem to get it to count WH always resets everytime i turn on do you have igition wired up to screen? Iv tried all delta voltage etc but i do have ing to my bms not screen. There great controller

I run torque
Turn it on with the rear display button. Haven't fiddled with the controller setting so much. Don't even know how to reset statistics on this thing hahaha.

Allex said:
I run torque
Turn it on with the rear display button. Haven't fiddled with the controller setting so much. Don't even know how to reset statistics on this thing hahaha.

There's a lot. I setup buttons as 3 speed switch. If you go into display not device you can reset there. Definitly considering Leaf over Mxus

cheeko said:
Hi All

Finally got my new swingarm and fited it up from stealth for some $$$, I was lucky i didnt spin it on ride, but ill tone down the REGAN i think it was that rather then power.
What was the issue here? Poor fitment, or something else? Looks like you lost some paint but I can't tell what went wrong. :?:

Gonadman2 said:
cheeko said:
Hi All

Finally got my new swingarm and fited it up from stealth for some $$$, I was lucky i didnt spin it on ride, but ill tone down the REGAN i think it was that rather then power.
What was the issue here? Poor fitment, or something else? Looks like you lost some paint but I can't tell what went wrong. :?:

Man it was all my fault, I set the regan to high i think and i probably forgot to check axles on few rides and it had spin axle, Probably also fitting the Mxus Axle i probably sanded bit to much too. So thought before it happened on ride i got it sorted.
Definitly with the new one torque arms i had to hit on mallet so there not loose at all after little trim.

Ill find someone that will fix it so then i can do mid drive one day, just dont know what is good enough, New X1 Pro 2 looks decent but not cheap and mid drive has its own issues, But definitly considering the Leaf from the Mxus i really dont need the power

Cheers

cheeko said:
Man it was all my fault, I set the regan to high i think and i probably forgot to check axles on few rides and it had spin axle, Probably also fitting the Mxus Axle i probably sanded bit to much too. So thought before it happened on ride i got it sorted.
Definitly with the new one torque arms i had to hit on mallet so there not loose at all after little trim.

Ill find someone that will fix it so then i can do mid drive one day, just dont know what is good enough, New X1 Pro 2 looks decent but not cheap and mid drive has its own issues, But definitly considering the Leaf from the Mxus i really dont need the power

Cheers

Ahh that sucks, you've got me worried about my torque arms now! They're not 'loose' but did have to remove some material to get them to fit over the motor shaft. I'll have to keep an eye on them.

Gonadman2 said:
cheeko said:

Cheers

Ahh that sucks, you've got me worried about my torque arms now! They're not 'loose' but did have to remove some material to get them to fit over the motor shaft. I'll have to keep an eye on them.

With new ones i didnt sand the Frame at all and i really only dremaled the 4 points on the axle torque arms it fits snug as, But you can buy new ones for $30 Pair from stealth, Definitly keep regan down and keep them tight as there chrom olly it easy strips. I had regan lie 80amps or highe after a update LOL

Look what just arrived in the post today. FUTR Alpha

Going to slowly piece this thing together. There is a lot of very good information in this thread.

Will be building a 20s12p pack. With most likely HG2 cells at this point in time.

Trying to source a Motor, at this point in time, Im trying to source a Crystalyte H5580 or H55100. With a suitable controller. But need to see what I can source in Australia, compared to China.

Need advice for single front gear. Ideally want something that I can peddle the bike when at 60kmh. Not sure how many teeth I need for that.

Will buy DNM USD 8 for the front. What rear shock are people using? I read some rear shocks have issue with the bush sizing? Is this true?

Open to suggestions and what people have found works best for these builds.

https://imgur.com/a/EAaECEw

EAaECEw

hussman said:
Look what just arrived in the post today. FUTR Alpha

Going to slowly piece this thing together. There is a lot of very good information in this thread.

Will be building a 20s12p pack. With most likely HG2 cells at this point in time.

Trying to source a Motor, at this point in time, Im trying to source a Crystalyte H5580 or H55100. With a suitable controller. But need to see what I can source in Australia, compared to China.

Need advice for single front gear. Ideally want something that I can peddle the bike when at 60kmh. Not sure how many teeth I need for that.

Will buy DNM USD 8 for the front. What rear shock are people using? I read some rear shocks have issue with the bush sizing? Is this true?

Open to suggestions and what people have found works best for these builds.

https://imgur.com/a/EAaECEw

EAaECEw

Hey manyou finally got it welcome :)

Should look at the Mxus 5K and definitly the Nucular controller simalar to the adappto with 2020 design and features, Man at 60kmhr not much you can do i have 38T on front and 12T at back and im peddeling so fast its crazy

Hope the above helps

cheers

there was some discussion of various overdrive crank options.. maybe search overdrive etc to find that.. IIRC , some options do and some do not require special tools for frame milling .. another option maybe dual ring road bike cranks with large diameter 130 BCD chain rings, a rear derailleur/ idler to manually change front gears as needed, high speed or limp home pedal mode..

Ah, there is another option...I did it on my Alpha...
DSC_4493 (Small).JPG

This was a 60T chain ring...bit hard to find in this BCD pattern but they do exist and so do even larger ones if you really want.

As a comparison here it is against a 52T ring:
DSC_4248 (Small).JPG

In order to space it out from the frame enough to clear it I had to run a 3 ring setup with no derailleur. Shifting could still be done manually by hand if needed but most of the time it just stayed on the big ring.

I also helped it out with this 3D printed guide which just prevented it from jumping off when things got bumpy:
DSC_4926 (Small).JPG

I was able to pedal at up to 60kph with this setup. :)

Cheers

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
there was some discussion of various overdrive crank options.. maybe search overdrive etc to find that.. IIRC , some options do and some do not require special tools for frame milling .. another option maybe dual ring road bike cranks with large diameter 130 BCD chain rings, a rear derailleur/ idler to manually change front gears as needed, high speed or limp home pedal mode..

That sounds interesting, Yes i didnt want to shave out the frame,

Back