Accelerated Systems ASI BAC 4000 & BAC 8000 FOC BT Controllers

CanOfCorn said:
Looks like i got sucked into the trap of buying a controller im never going to get...thats just perfect

It's a joke on our community that this guy is still in business, and frankly negligent on behalf of the the ES mods that the advertisement OP in this thread, as well as OP's promotional signature linking his store are still up.

CanOfCorn said:
Looks like i got sucked into the trap of buying a controller im never going to get...thats just perfect
963c0b2ed2f8.jpg

guys I have 2 bac4000 controllers, 1 of them is from ert (configured for the factory battery and cannot be configured, but you can put the battery up to 80 volts and it works, now it lies in the box because I do not use it) 2 from asi, I have full settings, and I can say that this is a very cool controller, I configured it in half an hour, to configure 10 kw on my surron, and I don’t know the sadness, if anyone needs bac for the factory configuration, write me in private messages

Good things come to those who wait. Alan must be very busy. He has gone above and beyond with support. I picked up a 4000 last year and it's been a great controller. Yes I waited a couple months but it wasn't a big deal as my build wasn't ready at the time. I actually didn't get my bike running until about a year later. Worth the wait! Too much power and speed IMO. Can't really go faster than about 60mph safely on local roads. Don't think I'll ever find the top speed on 21s; got it up to 74mph on 17s.

Does anyone know where to get one of these controllers(Bac4000 or 8000), preferably in Europe?

I've been trying to contact: ASI (no response). ERT (Got a response, but went silent after I requested to buy one) and Cyklonebike (as they where the only resellers I could find in Europe, but they also haven't responded after saying I would like to buy one)

I want to give my money for one, but i find it really difficult... :)
Maybe ill just stick with the Kelly controller then...

Hey bud, you can order directly from ERT website thats what I did. Was so worth the wait! I suggest looking for a used ASI 4000 system by starting a discussion on the ASI Sur Ron facebook page.

I just ordered a new ASI4000 to get the NXT display so I will have a setup for sale very soon (week or two) that includes the entire setup from ERT (controller, harnesses, extension block for wires, color display, and left throttle regeneration). I currently have it running with a 72v battery and its a complete monster of power. I have top speeds of 80+mph and wheelie power at 40mph, insta-grin power!!

I suggest to get full performance of the system you also look in to a larger battery at 72-84v. If you add the ASI4000 to a stock 60v battery you will get performance improvements over stock just not nearly as much as you will with the larger battery. Also FYI LUNA Cycles is 30-60 days out from supposedly of releasing their battery and controller system that is claimed to be a superior battery build using the latest wire bonding technology and BMS that Tesla uses on their systems!

FYI I have not heard anything good about Kelly controllers, no customer support and not a plug and play setup.. Stick to ASI and a plug n play system or you will be pulling your hair out trying to set it up without bricking the motor...

Thanks for the reply.

Firstly the ERT website is quite limited. I dont see any controllers anywhere, execpt for uprgade kits, etc. I'm building a motorcycle with an QS 273 hub 8KW 96v. Thats why I contacted them directly. The NXT display looks nice indeed. But yes, I've only heard good things about the ASI controllers, hence why i'm trying to get one :)

Where do i find more information about Luna cycles system?

You can go on the Sur Ron owners facebook site which is run by Luna Cycles and team. Then search for the battery and controller upgrade kit posted by Luna Cycles and Eric Hicks who is the owner and huge pioneer in the bike industry been doing it a long time... there has been alot of hype and wait for it to come out because everyone knows it will be a well built battery and the ASI controller is already proven that they are using... They just posted a week or two ago about it being on the final stages and coming out soon!

luna is more a homeless thief and mostly ASI users on the ron page are naps or bloody new to EV who cant even change brakepads without manual.
beside that. ASI support is from pretty bad to non existent.

Battery will be build pretty good. thats it.

coming out soon clickbait bullshit blabla and a lot of fanboys who know nothing. from all groups on facebook the ron group makes me most tired
and iam proud to myself i dont intervent daily the crap i read there.
this group is so luna restricted. nothing at all is allowed. deleting all day long as frock if its not luna related.

iam so happy that iam in EU located and dont have to be in contact with this fanboys or even eric the brick.

sry for escalating :roll:

how alan(ERT) handles customers is another story.
the only thing i can recommend....buy only if you saw pics from what you get and if its really in stock. we have here some cases where they waited half a year or more about the ALLREADY PAID stuff.

i wouldnt say anything if he do it like nucular.

you order it, and when its ready to ship, you pay. Not before. If you dont interessted anymore, no problem...order is canceld
(plenty of users climb up the waiting list)

What Tony01 and Snogoer said ~ ditto that . If ERT is a little pokey it’s a good time to remember the African proverb “ Slowly , slowly , catches the worm “ . Alan does well and is above and beyond with support . If the worst he does is to calm down anyone too frantic ... well and good . An accident was probably avoided . Patience really does achieve everything in the end like the tortoise 🐢 insufferably will remind you at the finishing. Thanks Alan for all you do .

wye said:
What Tony01 and Snogoer said ~ ditto that . If ERT is a little pokey it’s a good time to remember the African proverb “ Slowly , slowly , catches the worm “ . Alan does well and is above and beyond with support . If the worst he does is to calm down anyone too frantic ... well and good . An accident was probably avoided . Patience really does achieve everything in the end like the tortoise 🐢 insufferably will remind you at the finishing. Thanks Alan for all you do .

Yeah this is complete bullshit and I suspect you may be either clueless or friends with Alan like Tony. It's on ERT for being habitually dishonest with customers for years, promising deliveries that don't come.

In other words the issue is that ERT is lying about when things will be available. The problem is not that people bought controllers with a long lead time while knowing that in advance. Locking down the controllers so nobody else can (easily) configure them is also ridiculous.

ERT also gives up on support, as many on here have attested. He also violates ASI's TOS, doesn't fulfill customer requests after acknowledging them, and uses a RC-grade harness which is out of place on a controller costing what ASI does.

What kind of community are we to support this?

“ Ultimately I would rather be free and in love than be right . “

When you go out into the woods, and you look at trees, you see all these different trees. And some of them are bent, and some of them are straight, and some of them are evergreens, and some of them are whatever. And you look at the tree and you allow it. You see why it is the way it is. You sort of understand that it didn’t get enough light, and so it turned that way. And you don’t get all emotional about it. You just allow it. You appreciate the tree.

The minute you get near humans, you lose all that. And you are constantly saying ‘You are too this, or I’m too this.’ That judgment mind comes in. And so I practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are.
Ram Dass
Thanks flat tire thanks ert

Must be joking.

wrt business & money, reliability, honesty & transparency are objective factors that determine success.

Is it possible to use/turn on an asi on without display, just bluetooth app? Some jumper wiring for example? It says display is optional on product page, but it doesn't say if it will work without it.

Tommm said:
Is it possible to use/turn on an asi on without display, just bluetooth app? Some jumper wiring for example? It says display is optional on product page, but it doesn't say if it will work without it.

Yes, it's optional. You have to supply battery power to the logic board via the 'Key' input to turn it on.

The mobile application can set any parameter and read faults, a display e.g. Kingmeter or Bafang will only read/write specific values like walk mode, assist level, speed, power, etc.

Apparently for my configuration, my throttle has to go on a brake line... my regen throttle has to go to an input on the motor harness... and my motor temperature sensor has to go on the BMS line. Definitely ideal for advanced users and performance seekers but expect a lot of troubleshooting. The documentation is terrible, and a lot of it doesn't tell the whole story. But there's nothing this controller won't do with the right configuration.

EDIT; Apparently my troubles were because my BacDoor dictionary was not updated to the more recent firmware of the controller I received back from RMA. Quick update and I was having a blast in about a half-hour.

Not a good strategy for the mfg to sell direct, unless always higher than its resellers

You gotta be persistent with him. And he delivers. He did to me. I just got another 4k and it doesn’t run right. It wasnt like that 2 years ago. Ran great. Original smoked itself two months ago. Bought another with the display. Not as good tune as original, limited to 16kw (or two-thirds..) and no bacdoor access even with login. He will lie some, and you will wait some. With some persistence you will wait less. But after a bug in his software left me stranded yesterday, he has now given me attitude. I’m ready to go elsewhere and try to get reimbursed for both of my Paperweight4000s.

Anybody knows how to disassemble a BAC4000? The controller I need to repair was the only one not bought from ASI, but from this scammer here who opened this thread. So I need to repair it myself. Never received a reply from him after it stopped working over a year ago.

hias9 said:
Anybody knows how to disassemble a BAC4000? The controller I need to repair was the only one not bought from ASI, but from this scammer here who opened this thread. So I need to repair it myself. Never received a reply from him after it stopped working over a year ago.

What exactly are you going to fix there by yourself ? :D
also, it is fully filled with water-proofing substance , no idea what's that. cant reach the electronics.

Is this clown still operating ? if so, i am definitely loosing faith in this forums moderation. there's FB group with 300+ people posting about how they got fuc*ed.

The moderators have nothing to do with whether this vendor continues to operate, that is up to the people with the problems to pursue via the various legal system paths if they choose to do so. This vendor is also free to respond here on the forums to anyone, as their account still exists and is not locked, but last visit as of today was back in October of 2020, and last post was Feb of 2020.

But we did long ago move his "sale" threads to the Vendor Relations Corner portion of the forum along with the various related problem-report threads, so they are not in the Items For Sale sections anymore.

Removing them would also prevent people from seeing the issues and responses, so it's better to leave them for future readers. ;)

Hello Wonderful people, First off, thank you for the help that I have received on this forum.

Here is my question. Is there a thread to discuss BAC 4000 and 8000 configuration which is active and appropriate to discuss setting up and tuning? I am having trouble finding the right place to post question for these systems.

Holly cow the video is impressive. I have two, dual wheel powered bikes and they are easily the best preforming bikes i have used. they are low power MTB cycles at 65 lb. so the street motorcycle is pretty cool! The start of this thread here from 2018 is pretty intriguing considering it is really on now for the electrics.

Back