Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

The big advantage of running an overdrive crank is using a smaller chainring and having better ground clearance. That 60T CD ran on his Alpha is tall enough to pedal assist at 30MPH, just less ground clearance, the way I ride offroad, I bend chain rings periodically. On my Alpha, I started off with a 44T, bent it, went to a 42T, bent that, and went to a 38T, never bent it and thats what I had on it when I sold it. For what its worth, I carry a crescent wrench on me when I ride and I did straighten the 44t and 42t chainrings enough to get it to pedal without the chain falling off, but was never able to get it perfect.

Rix

I have been looking for one but only seen Schlumph one and I don't want to drill frame as then you don't have option to use anything else. Do you know a drive 60t and 20t that be unreal.

Thanks

here is the thread I was thinking of where some overdrive crank options were discussed.. :

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=101091&p=1481632#p1481632

looks like it was the "efneo" speed cranks that don't require frame milling..

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
here is the thread I was thinking of where some overdrive crank options were discussed.. :

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=101091&p=1481632#p1481632

looks like it was the "efneo" speed cranks that don't require frame milling..

Yeah ill give them a email. Might be the go but i guess once i have this it will change the bike for me when i want to actually want to get fit LOL

Ill let you know how i go, im in Aus so hopefully not to much to spend

cheeko said:
Rix

I have been looking for one but only seen Schlumph one and I don't want to drill frame as then you don't have option to use anything else. Do you know a drive 60t and 20t that be unreal.

Thanks

http://ats-speeddrive.com/tpl/all_sd_pic.html

No drilling required, you will have to get a Chamfer tool and chamfer the drive side portion of the bottom bracket though.

[/quote]

http://ats-speeddrive.com/tpl/all_sd_pic.html

No drilling required, you will have to get a Chamfer tool and chamfer the drive side portion of the bottom bracket though.
[/quote]

Thanks Rix, I emailed Efneo they look like nice kit has can you leava also, Smallest driver is 28t Speed 1, Speed 2 40T speed 3 50T
https://www.efneo.com/gearbox/technical-details/

There is no modification needed to the BB

So i pulled the trigger on the Efneo Drive, It was not cheap but cheaper then the Schlumpf.

28T one i think might be better for trails to have little lower gearing going up hills.

Hopfully get it in week or so will post pictures of the build etc.

cheeko said:
So i pulled the trigger on the Efneo Drive, It was not cheap but cheaper then the Schlumpf.

28T one i think might be better for trails to have little lower gearing going up hills.

Mind telling us how much?

I had a Schlumpf on my Fighter and also put one on my recumbent. They are awesome, but yeah, expensive and permanent.

Cheers

cheeko said:

Sweet!!! Put up some pics and a ride review when you can.

Cowardlyduck said:
cheeko said:

Mind telling us how much?

I had a Schlumpf on my Fighter and also put one on my recumbent. They are awesome, but yeah, expensive and permanent.

Cheers

Hi Mate, Due to the US dollar it wasnt cheap it was $499US and $9US for DHL Shipping (i dont uderstand the shipping)
About $775AUD

They seem like great people and are sending me another unreleased gear 37T at no extra cost to try out this will fit inplace of the 28T so will give me gearing from 28T to 50T for Trails and 37T to 60T when i need to go around on the road. The bracket is simple to install and same normal BB and connects to Rapid shifter or you can have differnet shifters.

Will post pics when i get it.

Good News

Crank is on the way should be here next week.

Capture.JPG

I did also buy small 3 speed Rear free wheel be interesting if i can fit it on the MXUS3k, if it doenst it wasnt expensive.

cheeko said:
I did also buy small 3 speed Rear free wheel be interesting if i can fit it on the MXUS3k, if it doenst it wasnt expensive.

Hey Cheeko, did you get the 3 speed freewheel and did it fit? Thinking about doing this myself, seem to be spinning out at around 55km/h and I feel if I go any larger with the chainring I won't be able to get the big girl moving without assist.

Hi Guys,

Some progress pics below, Thanks to all the forum members who helped me out the last few months. You have made the journey so much easier.

Some photos of test fitting the battery, and test fitting the suspension. (The odd color batteries are there just for testing).

Putting everything together slowly. You can see a photo of test fitting the suspension.

Bottom bracket was a pain to get it. The first thread on the right hand side was way too narrow.

One thing thats crossed my mind is that this frame does not appear to be very water resistance. There are so many holes in the frame. I will never ride this in the rain, but its something to keep in mind.

Motor should be coming in the next month or so. Its a Crystalyte 55100.

Only thing is the controller, I ordered a Nucular but they said a 5 month wait. May need to consider something else in the future if bike is built and still no controller.

Still need to source all the other little bicycle bits. Brakes, handle bars, seat post and seat, Front wheel.

1-1.jpg

2-2.jpg
3-3.jpg
4-4.jpg
5-5.jpg

Looking Good Man, Yes you wont regret the Nucular Controller.

Are you doing BMS or no BMS

Keep up good work.

Hello Guys
I would like to share my build progress with you. Initially I started the build using a crystalyte HS 3540 from an older conversion project. The motor performed well but the acceleration wasn’t thrilling. The battery configuration was 18s30p lipo battery using 6s 10 Ah lipo packs from hobby king. I decided to upgrade the motor to Crystalyte TC100 and upgrade the controller as well. I ordered nucular electronics controller about 4 months ago and still haven’t heard anything about shipping, so I went ahead and ordered Sabvoton 96120 and Cycle analyst high current model.
Now I’m waiting on 24s Ant BMS from China to install on my battery. Previously I didn’t run a BMS and Parallel charging lipos isn’t very convenient, So I decided to purchase a BMS and reconfigure the battery to 24S. and purchased 24s 5A charger from AliExpress.
I couldn’t install a seat post remote dropper as the cables interfered with the shocks so I’m back to a regular seat post.
Please feel free to comment

Futr Electric bicycle build

Futr Alpha Frame
Crystalyte Crown TC100
Rockshox Boxxer World Cup 26” 200mm
Fox performance VAN 450lbs
Fox racing mount hardware M8 x 29.97mm (5 piece set)
Race Face Chester 35mm
Race Face Atlas stem 65mm length
Race Face 1-1/8 Headset spacers
26” Novatec DH61 front rim with 20mm thru axle
26 x 2.8 Maxxis Minion DHR II
Minoura Accessory holder CS-500 1-1/8 in
IFX 170mm crank set
Shimano XTR chain
Shimano XT M8000 front/rear brakes
180mm Shimano Saint disc brake rotors SM-RT60
Shimano SM-MA-F180P brake mount
Ergonomic SFC3-L bicycle saddle
Wolf tooth 36.4mm seatpost clamp
16T single speed freewheel
44T chainring
Fi’zi:k FIZIK Cyranno 34.9 seatpost

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

b8f40ec7a23fbac372cf9f537c984e76.jpg

9db5f4ef7507d2e135c9a8f5b2a0b3cd.jpg

89e501cd7b4900ef5be0e2f02c7e3aba.jpg

ccd8557bc6e81d430c5fc7a0df801e4c.jpg

1b0f489faf13862c69bc8088a4259999.jpg

14a3a17570aa5c88c3ec5bf8e44d9993.jpg

4c9480cdfc0949ccb49b799fa218ea1b.jpg

1c6c6f12b4564567b5f8ccdacd8dd833.jpg

75a15159f1aa61f7f52e70a11160dcd5.jpg

Nice build.

Yes big wait on Nucular iv had mine over year it's worth wait. I have Ant BMS it's ok is you use VBMS app. Once Nucular gets their BMS done I'll get that.

Thank you cheeko. How do you like the acceleration with nucular controller, which version do you have?

I have 12F it's a lot more controllable now before I owned powervelocity 24F, it was hard to keep wheel on ground off take off and throttling at 60kmhr. :D

Domino throttle makes difference compared to China ones.I have it on speed + torque so similar to motorbike throttle no jumps on take off..

Nucular is so controllable best. I feel save to throttle it without wheeling at 60kmhr

I never used twist throttle always used thumb throttle. I might consider this upgrade specially since Domino throttle is IP67 approved so it’s proof.
Now I’m 3D printing enclosures around the controller to try to waterproof it. I’ll post pics when I’m finished. Awesome tips cheeko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hussman said:
Hi Guys,

Some progress pics below, Thanks to all the forum members who helped me out the last few months. You have made the journey so much easier.

Welcome, Glad to see you you're making use of the parts you got from me!
it's looking good so far, if it's any help, for your front wheel if you buy a hope pro 4 front hub it will fit 13g spokes without doing any drilling (plus imo the extra cash is worth it for better quality bearings and the bling :wink:), I'm a sucker for hope parts, there are cheaper options but everything I have ever received has never let me down.

feel free to keep posting pics, since your build is similar to mine feel free to post anything here and I'll answer it if you get stuck.

best of luck :)

Awesome advice about the front hub. I too am a sucker for Hope products. And am glad to hear that they are compatible with the front forks.

Not much progress on the build. Everything is going painfully slow and a few hurdles I had to overcome.

Firstly, the HG2 cells I purchased turned out to be fakes. So I sold them for a loss, and have now ordered/bought 200 Sony VTC6 cells from a reputable business here in Australia.

The nickel strip and BMS from China are still in 'transit'. Apparently a lot of shipments are going by sea and not air freight these days. Who knows where in the world the items are haha :lol: Been a month and a half since they were posted.

The factory in China forgot to pack the Crystalyte 55100. So there is another 3-4 months before I even get the motor.

And the Nucular Controller is also about 4-5 months away according to the guys in Mother Russia.

However some good news. Bought my brakes, Magura MT5's. Will use some Hope 203mm floating rotors.

Also installed the headset into the frame. Wasnt too hard.

Webp.net-compress-image (10).jpg

hussman said:
Awesome advice about the front hub. I too am a sucker for Hope products. And am glad to hear that they are compatible with the front forks.

Not much progress on the build. Everything is going painfully slow and a few hurdles I had to overcome.

Firstly, the HG2 cells I purchased turned out to be fakes. So I sold them for a loss, and have now ordered/bought 200 Sony VTC6 cells from a reputable business here in Australia.

The nickel strip and BMS from China are still in 'transit'. Apparently a lot of shipments are going by sea and not air freight these days. Who knows where in the world the items are haha :lol: Been a month and a half since they were posted.

The factory in China forgot to pack the Crystalyte 55100. So there is another 3-4 months before I even get the motor.

And the Nucular Controller is also about 4-5 months away according to the guys in Mother Russia.

However some good news. Bought my brakes, Magura MT5's. Will use some Hope 203mm floating rotors.

Also installed the headset into the frame. Wasnt too hard.

Webp.net-compress-image (10).jpg

ah I'm sorry to hear that, high power ebikes are a really weird thing, purchasing many parts direct from china can get a bit complicated sometimes, I think we've all been through it but you're probably copping it the worst thanks to the timing.

that's defiantly awful about the cells, where did you buy them, hopefully you can try for a refund? IIRC VTC6 are one of the few cells made it japan, it's all automated so I don't know if it makes a difference but i'm sure they're great cells (I just won't ask how much you payed :lol:)

I've been messing with a gopro recently, and have compiled a bit of footage. I've actually already made a full video but just want 1 more night shot before I release it, here's a little teaser:
uCnhuDf.jpg

building these bikes is lot more complicated than I think everyone who sees my bike thinks, hang in and it'll be worth it - it's a waiting game!

Well, It’s been well over a year in the making, with countless hours filming and editing, finally here is the first video showcasing my bike,
In the end I finished with only 8 minutes of video, however now that I have Made a YouTube channel I will likely be uploading frequently, mostly with shorter clips and more vlog style videos (still need to make a walk around video), so please subscribe if you can. There will be more :)
enjoy, and let me know what you think,
ps. sorry the speedo and stuff on my phone is hard to see, youtube compression killed the quality :roll:

https://youtu.be/8O7Ect8Duh4

Back