Who sells hub motors with L10 connectors Besides Ebike.ca

Who sells hub motors with L10 connectors Besides Ebike.ca? in the USA?
I like how the L10 connector comes out the side of the motor and not through the axel and also like how compact and neat it is.

The connector itself is not suitable for high power, and a nightmare to rebuild. All wires grouped together in a compact connector is ideal for plug and play kits though. Neat and easy assembly.

I like them big and well apart, for power and reliability.

aluminumwelder said:
If you look at their connectors page, you can see the various types they use, and links to the connector companies themselves. That extra information on the connector itself may help you find other products using it.

They do sell just the cable with connector on it, that you can use to replace the cable in whatever motor you want to use. Since you wouldn't want to pick a motor based solely on which connector it has, that's a better option than looking for motors that have that connector.

You need to pick the motor based on your specific usage scenario and power/torque/etc needs. The simulator at ebikes.ca may help you understand how that works and which one (or at least general characteristics) you need to make the bike (or wahtever it's for) do the things you need it to do for you. Once you pick the motor, then you can find a place that carries it with the cable you want, or taht will custom-install it for you.

I like how the L10 connector comes out the side of the motor and not through the axel
That has nothing to do with the connector, and is just a feature of the motor's design. So different motors will have the cable come out in different places.

Ebikes.ca has some of their motors / etc custom built for them to make them better than the OEM versions in one way or another (so what they have may or may not be available anywhere else).

MadRhino said:
The connector itself is not suitable for high power, and a nightmare to rebuild.

IT IS 12GA wire which has 40ampacity rating. Many ebikes dont' go past 25amps under normal operation. so I am puzzled why you say it is not suitable for high power? Their peak claims of 100a for short periods is kind of ridiculous thoughl

aluminumwelder said:
MadRhino said:
The connector itself is not suitable for high power, and a nightmare to rebuild.

IT IS 12GA wire which has 40ampacity rating. Many ebikes dont' go past 25amps under normal operation. so I am puzzled why you say it is not suitable for high power? Their peak claims of 100a for short periods is kind of ridiculous thoughl
We just have a different perception of high power. Feeding big hubs bursts of 250A in acceleration is not uncommon on ES.

aluminumwelder said:

Worth noting, the L10 connector will carry motor phase amps, not battery amps. Phase amps are often 2-3x higher than battery amps - Grin's 40A Grinfineon controller puts out up around 110A on the phase wires, for example, and their tiny Baserunner controller puts out 80 peak phase amps.

It's actually a L1910 connector (19mm connector diameter, 10mm cable diameter) and it is made by cusmade: https://www.cusmade.biz/ IIRC it's mentionned somewhere on ebike.ca.
Just ordered a bunch directly from the factory. $10/pc
Came at specified length; quality is awesome in comparison to julet/higo. Nearly as good as Rosenberger RoPd - my all time favourite connector.
Manufacturers like xiongda or mxus usually agree to fit motors (if the axle is wide enough) with custom connector if you ship them to the factory. Does not work with bafang though. Mac and 9c hubs come with L1910 already fitted if you ask for it.

NCC1941 said:
Worth noting, the L10 connector will carry motor phase amps, not battery amps. Phase amps are often 2-3x higher than battery amps - Grin's 40A Grinfineon controller puts out up around 110A on the phase wires, for example, and their tiny Baserunner controller puts out 80 peak phase amps.

My understanding is that phase amps might be higher than batt amp, but also at very high frequency - which means the load keeps beeing turned on and off on each phase and is actually divided between the 3 wires - hence they can be smaller than batt cables but have to be optimized to reduce skin effect.
You can't squeeze out of the controller more energy than goes in!

aluminumwelder said:
I like how the L10 connector comes out the side of the motor and not through the axel and also like how compact and neat it is.

I'd like to find a DD hub motor conversion kit with the L10 connectors as well...assuming that is what the company always uses. I don't have any interest in coordinating a one off build using a L10 connector since the controller will need the corresponding L10 female plug to match the motor.

If anybody is aware of a DD hub motor conversion kit that comes with the L10 besides those sold by Grin Tech, please post a link. I have searched Amazon and couldn't find one. Thank You.

bullfrog said:
I'd like to find a DD hub motor conversion kit with the L10 connectors as well...assuming that is what the company always uses. I don't have any interest in coordinating a one off build using a L10 connector since the controller will need the corresponding L10 female plug to match the motor.

If you're comfortable opening up your motor and/or controller, Grin sells a 1 metre long L1019 extension cable for C$28. IOW, cut it in half and you now have your two pigtails. I'm contemplating doing this...

Electric Jerk said:
bullfrog said:

If you're comfortable opening up your motor and/or controller, Grin sells a 1 metre long L1019 extension cable for C$28. IOW, cut it in half and you now have your two pigtails. I'm contemplating doing this...

Thanks but I am not feeling that interjetic :lol: .

I will probably just stick with my old MAC since it is already on my bike. The MAC/GMAC give more torque/thrust per battery amp than any motor....the only drawback is you have to make sure you don't over heat them. They are good for speeds up to about 30 mph but if you want to go any faster, I'd go with a DD hub. The GMAC that Grin sells comes with the L10 connector if anybody is interested...but I'd go with the 10T GMAC because the 8T will pull too much amperage since it is built for higher speeds.

Back