E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

Just snapped the belt on my morning ride. Didn't last more than a maybe 50km. Perhaps it got too muddy and exercised while I was riding the Enduro track. Anyhow, there was a tougher belt to order. Will check that one out.

hi folks,

which mud guards are a good fit for the LMX 64?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions

Bit of a worry about that belt. Think I'll carry a spare while I'm still running these standard belts.

iacei said:
which mud guards are a good fit for the LMX 64?
I put a Mudhugger on the rear. Seems pretty good after I used a heat gun to reshape it a bit to actually hug the tire a bit better.
DSC_6252 (Small).JPG
Cheers

I use these on my mtb's and they do they job !!
https://www.instructables.com/id/1-MTB-mud-guard/

I use one of these:

https://ass-savers.com/

Simple and somewhat effective. Doesn't protect the bike but your behind at least :)

I use zefal
DEFLECTOR RS75 and DEFLECTOR FM60
I added an extra bar to the back to stop it flapping.
It keeps the bike very clean.
Here a picture after a very muddy ride and before the extra stabilizer.

PS. I am over 400km on my belt drive since the HP belt and steel pulley.

Attachments

• A05434DF-AA77-48A0-B6EC-AF6F143A7ECD.jpeg
    A05434DF-AA77-48A0-B6EC-AF6F143A7ECD.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,140
  • 082F18B4-A660-4D22-9E64-03110B6AC3A1.jpeg
    082F18B4-A660-4D22-9E64-03110B6AC3A1.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,140
First thank you for all the good advice on the mud guards, I decide to go for:

Topeak Defender XC1 Front Fender (due to no clearance under fork)

41Dpj5NZ-8L._AC_.jpg

and a medium muhugger for the rear

Rear-29_590x.gif

Yesterday I tested my LMX64 on a steep hill and I definitely have less power than on my LMX81, bike was slowing down.

Did someone got to upgrade to a 15S5P battery? We would need a 70cells compatible case.

Absolute hell conditions this week-end for the vélo vert festival, only festival not cancelled due to Covid. -2 Celsius, snow and rain all week-end.
Bikes performed well in the mud. Good news with schwalble as they have homologated all their tires to l1e-b requirements for 2021. More tire options for the 64h!

IMG_20200926_124239 (1).jpg

Good testing conditions for the belt :!:
I really like the color combo on that 64... Makes me want to upgrade my stickers :shock:

Heres a new video from my local playground riding with a CYC X1 (6000w but breaks down every time :lol: )...
[youtube]7hRbbtPX4Kc[/youtube]

passuff said:
Cyc x1 with 12F or bac2000?

He just switched from bac to nucular.
Main problem is the drivetrain not coping the 6000w. Chain and freehub breaks down..

I have been experiencing a similar freehub problem with my Exess & spoke to Industry 9 about >200Nm.+ torque capacity hubs & they told me their hubs can handle >450Nm. :shock:

I'm not sure there are any chains that can be shifted in a derailleur that will handle 6000w but at least a strong hub gets him halfway there. :wink:

https://industrynine.com/wheels/mountain

Joe King1 said:
I have been experiencing a similar freehub problem with my Exess & spoke to Industry 9 about >200Nm.+ torque capacity hubs & they told me their hubs can handle >450Nm. :shock:

I'm not sure there are any chains that can be shifted in a derailleur that will handle 6000w but at least a strong hub gets him halfway there. :wink:

https://industrynine.com/wheels/mountain

I have a Kranked Eride kit with 3750w and the only chain, hub and cassette combo that I can get any sort of life out of is a DT Swiss ratchet hub, SRAM GX eagle cassette and a 1170 chain. I’ve tried all sorts of setups including the SRAM EX8 which was the worst one btw. The smaller cogs on the cassette slip when on full power. I think there aren’t enough teeth engaged or enough wrap. The search continues.....

You guy's are showing exactly why the LMX64 is the better bike...none of this high power through bike components bull that these other bikes have to deal with.
I knew without even ever having owned any other high powered mid drive that doing that was a bad idea and went straight for the LMX64 after deciding to go mid drive.
The only place for mid drives sending power through regular bike chains/components is on street legal stuff at or below 1000W.

Cheers

Hi everyone.
I have not been on the forum in a while (since we lost all hopes about the Neematic :)

I had not been following LMX in a while and was thrilled to find out they had implemented a torque sensing based pedal assist and have apparently done a good job of it, and that they also managed a Carbon belt on it.

This has me excited again :)

I was wondering if there are any US users of the bike, and especially in the San Francisco Bay Area?
I was also wondering, in case there are US customers, if they have attempted / succeeded in registering it as a moped to make it street legal. I know people in CA were able to register a Sur-Ron with a simple form, so the LMX having European homologation could be even easier…
One think I was wondering (although I am afraid I know the answer), is if the bike could accommodate an IGH like the Rohloff or the Kindernay?
I suspect the fact they have the dual freewheel system may be a problem, but just wondering.
The last thing was if anyone had managed to install an extended capacity battery, as for my usage, the 850 Wh one would be a bit short.

Thank you for any feedback, and glad to be back and hoping for a bike in my near future :)

Hey, as a LMX 64 owner I also consider buying a LMX 161-H... does anyone know how much more powerful the 161 feels compared to the 64? I enjoy my 64 very much on singletrack/DH trails, but for the dirt bike enduro trails I want some more power...

Is there like a switch on the street legal 161 where I can ride to my dirt bike track legally (45 km/h max.) and when I go offroad change it to the "illegal" version with more top speed and power? (60+km/h)? And is there a active community forum for the 161 like this one?
Cheers

scrambler said:
Anyone knows the Motor chainline and the pedaling chainline on the LMX 64?
Thanks
What do you mean? Are you looking for chain length or sideways chainline (if so, how do i describe that)?

I had a ride with a friend on a legal 250w bike the other day [youtube]HU47xTnx14E[/youtube]

This is when i notice that slow pedaling on a singletrack is not ideal on the LMX64.
The pas delivers power very unevenly and is far from the feeling you get on a Shimano steps system.
This might not be surprising due to the raw power of the 64, but it would be nice to enjoy a smoother pas ride. This i why i am seriously considering changing to the new Silixcon controller as i understand it has a much smoother pas riding.
But if i change controller, i would also like to switch to the new belt drive. Does anybody have any experience with the new high-end belt that is supposed to last longer than the original belt?

When charging the battery after my previous ride, it suddenly tops out at 56,9v compared to 58,8v when it was new.
The fuel gauge does not show a full tank either.
I'we tried disconnecting and connecting the charger several times, but it will not charge anymore.
ACtC-3e2Z2mbboGDXoC6lCneM1l0guY3gYS1FM1Q3gzKZ3HbY_eZX3YQP-EJwnBGatH5sRh4OiWnQl_DYKbi1HlM88lqsOdl3FcI_Nz-JoLu3hKgs_NJUK8_HCxRBd-DiVfTfrhWGsjCwFXgngwt3xJh5ssrEQ=w2379-h1683-no

In my quest to fix this, i placed the bike on a stand to drain the battery completely. That's when i realized how much noise the chain drive actually makes. I dont think of it while riding, but it was really loud when standing next to it.
[youtube]s_Sin5zCnEI[/youtube]

Regarding the moist inside the display, i'm now trying to dry it out with the LCD heating function. I noticed the display got warm so i hope it will be fine.

I have the new belt TorEddy, so far no problem at all. The old belt snapped after quite a short period. It probably got a little torn from debris after riding in VERY muddy conditions. Up until that point, no problem what so ever. The new belt is visually similar but probably more tough. It's very quite compared to the chain.

TorEddy said:
What do you mean? Are you looking for chain length or sideways chainline (if so, how do i describe that)?

What I mean by chainline, is the distance between the centerline of the bike (middle of the bike in the longitudinal axis) and the center of the sprocket.
https://bike.bikegremlin.com/1755/bicycle-chainline/

I am looking for that distance for both the motor sprocket and the Bottom bracket sprocket

Back