Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Final pick of the bike at 95% completion.

All that needs to be done is tidying up the wires on the inside of the frame (Couldn’t wait any longer).

Couldn’t be happier with this 7 month work in progress. Everything just feels solid. in the next couple months, may swap out the Chinese suspension for name brand, American designed, components

Performance wise, the x5403 With 18fet SW controller absolutely (and silently) hauls ass straight up to 40mph before I chicken out to go any faster.

Poking around for a lighter motor to use when I don’t need “v8” power output all day long. Anyone have leads on these new H50/55 series motors?

Only thing I don’t like is the brakes. I got mt5’s up front and feel as though I didn’t bed them properly as they feel a little “soggy”, until they warm up with a couple solid braking cycles.

Attachments

• CCF467CF-253A-44BC-8B95-2F43702EA6B1.jpeg
    CCF467CF-253A-44BC-8B95-2F43702EA6B1.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,949
  • 76A14A95-12AE-412E-96EF-24C98A437BA4.jpeg
    76A14A95-12AE-412E-96EF-24C98A437BA4.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 2,949
Trackman417 said:
Final pick of the bike at 95% completion.

All that needs to be done is tidying up the wires on the inside of the frame (Couldn’t wait any longer).

Couldn’t be happier with this 7 month work in progress. Everything just feels solid. in the next couple months, may swap out the Chinese suspension for name brand, American designed, components

Performance wise, the x5403 With 18fet SW controller absolutely (and silently) hauls ass straight up to 40mph before I chicken out to go any faster.

Poking around for a lighter motor to use when I don’t need “v8” power output all day long. Anyone have leads on these new H50/55 series motors?

Only thing I don’t like is the brakes. I got mt5’s up front and feel as though I didn’t bed them properly as they feel a little “soggy”, until they warm up with a couple solid braking cycles.
Weird about the MT5, I have them on 2 of my bikes, they stop really well. You may want to bleed the brake and spring for some new pads. When you said they feel soggy until warm tells me the pads may have been minutely exposed to oil, such as the mineral oil in the system.

Trackman417 said:
look into sintered pads, I have found them miles better on my hope brakes, I also have ran uberbikes pads and found them to be preety good also (not sure they are better than sintered, probably equal, but for the hope brakes they have cooling fins on the pads which help with fading) :thumb:

a3f71507a6fcfdee07ee8d35d86f647b.jpeg

7533ad591c8ab8823b783f96ac196b49.jpeg

90a75be23f38e1d72af3b0becc3cdefa.jpeg

4f85a8c604b28937d289983d7b78898d.jpeg

2cfa28709144f1668969387b57bae243.jpeg

My build is finally complete. Top speed is 62mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowardlyduck said:
BEEFY!
That controller is huge! Does the front tire contact it under full compression? Certainly looks like it would.
There’s no contact even with my aggressive riding style

Here's some unedited footage of my Futr's front wheel while riding and jumping,
hopefully it's entertaining to some of you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFRFSMUFQH0

Beta is the best, so light and so nimble, popping wheelies just like that on tarmac.
NUC12F Controller + leaf 35mm Hubby + 18s18Ah 18650 around 6kW don't need more with this boi!
4 years and still going.
[youtube]o5Q-y6xAIGM[/youtube]

Allex said:
Beta is the best, so light and so nimble, popping wheelies just like that on tarmac.
NUC12F Controller + leaf 35mm Hubby + 18s18Ah 18650 around 6kW don't need more with this boi!
4 years and still going.
[

Yah you built a quite a few great machines.

I've been making progress on my first Beta build, which will be my new commuter to replace a BBSHD conversion. I chopped up the side plates similar to the frame, powercoated them black, and added 0.5mm BA stainless accents behind them.

Just finished lacing the leaf 1500w so I threw it under before fitting the rear brake & freewheel. I'll be running a 20s6p pack which should give it plenty of get up and go :)

IMG_20200927_111644.jpg

Lightbluemk2 said:
I've been making progress on my first Beta build, which will be my new commuter to replace a BBSHD conversion. I chopped up the side plates similar to the frame, powercoated them black, and added 0.5mm BA stainless accents behind them.

Just finished lacing the leaf 1500w so I threw it under before fitting the rear brake & freewheel. I'll be running a 20s6p pack which should give it plenty of get up and go :)

IMG_20200927_111644.jpg

Those side covers look great. Yah, 20s6p running 40-65amp controller will make for a very fun light ride.

Those side covers look great. Yah, 20s6p running 40-65amp controller will make for a very fun light ride

Thanks Rix I hope so too. Just ran into an issue however, the DNP 7 speed sticks out past the shoulder of the axle on my leaf motor so looks like I'll have to order a 6 speed to replace it. The consensus seemed to be that a 7 speed would still fit a 135mm dropout but guess that's not the case

Lightbluemk2 said:
Those side covers look great. Yah, 20s6p running 40-65amp controller will make for a very fun light ride

Thanks Rix I hope so too. Just ran into an issue however, the DNP 7 speed sticks out past the shoulder of the axle on my leaf motor so looks like I'll have to order a 6 speed to replace it. The consensus seemed to be that a 7 speed would still fit a 135mm dropout but guess that's not the case

Your 7 speed would with narrower motor like my Mac10, I got 9 speeds on it, but any hub motor with a stator wider than 30mm probably not going to work.

Lightbluemk2 said:

What do you think of your new hub setup compared to the BBSHD. I was thinking of buying one

wadmasritamam said:
Lightbluemk2 said:

What do you think of your new hub setup compared to the BBSHD. I was thinking of buying one

The new hub's not up and running yet so can't make any judgements

Hey guys, first post on the forum! Thanks for having me!

I actually joined for this thread alone, I want to build my first bike for the first time and sink 4-6k (AUD) into it. However what will make my bike different from everyone else on this forum is that I want the bike to start from an NFID Chip which will be buried in my hand! Ill be enlisting the hands of a few friends, one who is nuts on mountain biking and is very knowledgeable on bikes, just not electronic bikes. The other friend is an expert electrician and tech wizard.

I've had my eye on the stealth range for a while now and have decided as much as I'd like the equivalent of a bomber, I probably can't afford it! Is there are starting point in this thread to begin from? It is a little overwhelming. What's the difference between beta and alpha futr frames?

Ideally I want my ride to have both street legal and offroad capabilities, long range (120-150km) and perhaps a top speed of 50-60km an hour. It'll mostly be used on streets and roads with the occasional offroad adventure.

I know you guys must get a million of these, so thanks for any help!

ActiveA

look up kickstands for dirt bikes . most clamp on the side of the bike. I used one off a 400 Yamaha. It needed a little modifications but it worked Great.

Trackman417 said:

I have the UFO 5565 in my bomber, it picks up from a start quicker than the 5403 but top end is down a little and its noisier.
as for bothering to build a lighter bike......

i built a dual suspension bike with a BBSHD for a mate over the weekend, all i can say is its very difficult to go back to a bike with 1/4 the power and 60km/hr vs 90km/hr

Allex said:
Rix said:
Magsy said:
Does anyone have a contact to supply FUTR Beta frame in the UK or EU?

Allex was handling EU. Not sure if he still is.

Hey, have not seen Jay around, where is he? Does he still handle Futr in AU?

Jay is out of the Ebike business. Something with his job status changed and he didn't have the time to continue his HEB company. I keep tabs on FB with him. He is still riding his HEB Beta build when ever he has time.

Hello, I hope you are all well,
unfortunately with how busy I am in life, and with a changed financial situation, the time has come and I have decided to sell my Alpha.
Some of you may have already seen my bike, and know the amount of custom work that has gone into it, I planned to keep it forever but without the time to ride it, I feel that it's going to waste.

If you are interested or know anyone that may be, here is a link to the sale post: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=109634

Take care.

Can anyone give me an idea on the real battery space inside a beta please?

The frame spec says 350x100x115 and I’m wondering if a hailong (dolphin/shark) case battery would fit in there. These are around 368 long and 81 wide, em3ev 14s5p is 113 tall and the Luna 4p is 96 tall. The ideal would be custom made maximising space, but these ones are plentiful and cheap, coupled with the option of a baserunner controller I assume it becomes a fast neat build.

I’m guessing 350x110 is the size of the opening.

Man I squeezed 24S 7P. But now run 20S7P both fit..
Controller on outside

Back