BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Can confirm a successful flash on a recently purchased (06/2020 from eBay user hallomotor) BBSHD.
The numbers on the shell match the ones that Spezialexperte posted.
CRR10E4830E105001.1
CR R10E.1000S.N.U 1.5
Firmware: 1.5
The reason for flashing was to attempt resolving error 30 issue.

Haven't finished building the 52v battery yet, so not sure if I'll get the voltage error.
Tested the motor and c961 display with a 48v battery and it was working fine.
Before the first ride connected with penoffs tool to change some controller settings. I noticed that the max current limit was 28A as someone else here said. As I was writing some settings to flash something must have glitched out as the controller stopped communicating with the pc. Any further attempts to reestablish connection unsuccessful. Plugging the display back resulted er30.
Have stumbled upon this thread before so went straight to it and flashed amberwolf's CRR10E4830E105001.1_190413-1.bin
The MCU type according to FlashLog is IAP15W4K61S4
This essentially unbricked my brand new bbshd, thanks amberwolf.
Further controller programming changes with penoff's software were successful and can confirm that the max current has increased to 30A when using the above mentioned .bin file.

Hi,
Almost exactly the same as you.
June 2020 bbshd
Tried editing settings. Tried to load and flash .el file. But crashes when I tried to write. Got error 30.

Flashed firmware as per op and fixed problem. Had to flash other fw file though as got ov error with 14s fully charged on 1 bin. But fine in other. Will take 28a if it means that it runs.

J_R_X said:
Can confirm a successful flash on a recently purchased (06/2020 from eBay user hallomotor) BBSHD.
The numbers on the shell match the ones that Spezialexperte posted.
CRR10E4830E105001.1
CR R10E.1000S.N.U 1.5
Firmware: 1.5
The reason for flashing was to attempt resolving error 30 issue.

Haven't finished building the 52v battery yet, so not sure if I'll get the voltage error.
Tested the motor and c961 display with a 48v battery and it was working fine.
Before the first ride connected with penoffs tool to change some controller settings. I noticed that the max current limit was 28A as someone else here said. As I was writing some settings to flash something must have glitched out as the controller stopped communicating with the pc. Any further attempts to reestablish connection unsuccessful. Plugging the display back resulted er30.
Have stumbled upon this thread before so went straight to it and flashed amberwolf's CRR10E4830E105001.1_190413-1.bin
The MCU type according to FlashLog is IAP15W4K61S4
This essentially unbricked my brand new bbshd, thanks amberwolf.
Further controller programming changes with penoff's software were successful and can confirm that the max current has increased to 30A when using the above mentioned .bin file.

SkinZ said:
Hi,
Almost exactly the same as you.
June 2020 bbshd
Tried editing settings. Tried to load and flash .el file. But crashes when I tried to write. Got error 30.

Flashed firmware as per op and fixed problem. Had to flash other fw file though as got ov error with 14s fully charged on 1 bin. But fine in other. Will take 28a if it means that it runs.

Normally changing setting in your EL files wont brick the controller, i had some weird issues when i entered speed/current limits which are non dividable by 2.

Ive followed the instructions, but it gets stuck on "Checking target MCU.." anyone else had this ?.

Hello guys.

I am affraid for new hardware controllers you would find only firmware with throttle pass glitch. I dont understand what was the reason for this, but with Bafang u never know what you get.

I have hd controller from very first production batch without overvoltage and throttle issue. Somebody should be able to reverse engineering bin file and spot the part of code where ist the throttle glitch.

Anyway this throttle pass issue is also on small bafang controllers for hub motors. :(

I am running a 48v battery on a 52v controller and this presents a big problem. Initially, power out put is strong, but it falls off fast and hard. at only 47-48v, the power drops off to 400-500w already....I have a 2020 JUNE version, the outer case is shown below:|
tXR44uw.png

I would like to flash a 48v firmware to alleviate this issue...but I don't know if the supplied 4830 file will work. Can someone please help?

Hello guys, fasterbikes provided me a newer firmware, directly from Bafang. I paid for it, but I want to share it here with you.

Version: CRR10E4830E105027.1_(latest)_190927.bin

Attachments

• Firmware Update Controller 1-5.7z
    4.6 MB · Views: 1,177
Which model voltage and year was it for? Not an expert and not sure if it matters, but just asking so I don't brick my controller. Any idea what the newer fw does?

https://yadi.sk/d/hXqlI2_TjJ6PzQ
The firmware is provided by the service Bafag
CRR10E4830E105016.1_合并.bin

Hi,
I just would like to ask you several things to ensure I am doing right things.

Today I have received 2 Bafang BBSHD with controller 52v 28A.
My previous Bafang BBSHD from 2017 was with 48v and 30A.
I used it only with 48v battery and in overall I had no problems and no issues.

Now I ordered especially version for 52v because I want to use it with battery 14s or even 15s. But did not expect that it will come also with 28A.
Is it possible to upload some of the version given here with 30A?
I really do not understand because some people use this engine even with 15s so above 60v and it works great but as I read here some peopel have problems just with 52v battery. Of course both was using controller 48v 30A.
I do not know if I better send my new engines back or it is possible to reprogram it with uploaded versions of software?
I just want to have as much power as possible. So if the controler 48v 30A will work with 52v battery so then it will have naturally more power than controler 52v 28A.
Am I right?:)

Gretings

Yes, but when you can ride on 52v battery but on the controller 48v 30A then you get 1560 W.
I would not like really to go under 30 A although it is only 2A but it is..

Thank You!!! I had tried to change a simple parameter; "Wheel Diameter" using instructions here https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/06/26/a-hackers-guide-to-programming-the-bbs02/and my BBSHD stopped working. I was able to re-flash using your instructions and it restored operation. I thought I was going to have to buy a new controller for a $100, now I can breath again.

Thanks again!

P.S. When I can get my Paypal account to work again I will contribute to your fantastic efforts!

Hey all. First post here. Thanks for this thread. Tons of good info. I am trying to fix the throttle/PAS issue on my BBSHD. I was wondering if anyone has more info on the firmware shared a few posts above by Tomblarom? Has anyone else used it successfully or have any more info on it's original source? Thanks!

tokoyama said:
https://yadi.sk/d/hXqlI2_TjJ6PzQ
The firmware is provided by the service Bafag
CRR10E4830E105016.1_合并.bin
Just a reupload, since these tend to go offline very fast.

Attachments

• CRR10E4830E105016.1_合并.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 338
Confirmed - Tomblarom's firmware totally fixed the throttle/PAS problem with my BBSHD. Thank you so much Tomblarom and everyone in this thread for the help!

I have a BBS02 from Luna with the pas/throttle issue. Unfortunately I am too computer illiterate to even attempt to try flashing the firmware. Plus I do everything on an IPad and do not have access to a laptop.
Is there anyone in Arizona or Southern California with the experience and equipment, and who would be willing to upgrade the bike for me?
I’m currently wintering near Yuma and would deliver the bike anywhere within about 200 miles and would be willing to pay for your time.

I successfully flashed my BBSHD firmware today with the instructions on page 1. The only change was that I had to set the max baud rate to 38400. At 57 it just hung and did nothing. Lowering that value worked fine.

Hwy89 said:
I have a BBS02 from Luna with the pas/throttle issue. Unfortunately I am too computer illiterate to even attempt to try flashing the firmware. Plus I do everything on an IPad and do not have access to a laptop.
Is there anyone in Arizona or Southern California with the experience and equipment, and who would be willing to upgrade the bike for me?
I’m currently wintering near Yuma and would deliver the bike anywhere within about 200 miles and would be willing to pay for your time.

I'm in Chandler, AZ if you make it to the PHX metro area

FYI - with Bitdefender it warns of:

stc-isp-15xx-v6.87S.exe - Trojan.GenericKD.44993972

I was able to run this file to update the firmware successfully. But got the warning afterwards

noonedoesnt said:
I am running a 48v battery on a 52v controller and this presents a big problem. Initially, power out put is strong, but it falls off fast and hard. at only 47-48v, the power drops off to 400-500w already....I have a 2020 JUNE version, the outer case is shown below:|
tXR44uw.png

I would like to flash a 48v firmware to alleviate this issue...but I don't know if the supplied 4830 file will work. Can someone please help?
i have the same verson as u 28a controller and this software wrks fine now saying 30a

Did anyone notice a decrease in power going from the 48v 30a to the 52v 28 firmware?

The end output is nearly the same.

28 amps X 58.8 volts = 1646 watts, 30 amps X 54.6 volts = 1638 watts.

that's true, there's no way that's noticeable. I went for a ride yesterday at full power, according to the display it very rarely pulls over 28a anyway. I've ordered the cable and ill update the firmware once it arrives. I'm sick of not be able to fully charge it because of error 07.

Back