Bafang M500/M600 thread

Has anyone found a reliable supplier of the M500 / M600 engines to the UK, quite happy to get direct from China but just need a used supplier that people have gotten on with.

Thanks

I have a can analyzer and I connected it between the BESST and the controller to view the data traffic that is exchanged during the configuration phase.
I discovered that a single telegram sent by my analyzer is able to configure maximum speed, diameter and wheel circumference without any kind of limitation.
So if you have a can analyzer, you can do without the BESST tool.
If any display manufacturer wanted, they could implement these configurations directly on the display.

Attachments

• IMG-20201006-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20201006-WA0004.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 1,903
  • Setup M600 Can.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 229
Fraben said:
:bigthumb: :bigthumb:
Very cool yeah.
How can you make a can analyzer, or where can we buy it?

I used this fairly expensive analyzer because I already have it, but I was evaluating can to bluetooth interfaces for automotive use. I'll try to buy one and do some tests.

On amazon I found this low cost device, it should work.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-Converter-Module-Raspberry-Zero/dp/B07Q812QK8/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Innomaker+USB+to+CAN+Converter+Module&qid=1603093883&sr=8-2

Attachments

• 71kz-tFMp9L._AC_AA180_.jpg
    71kz-tFMp9L._AC_AA180_.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 1,851
Darn,

I think I remember someone has run the M500 on 48 volts or even 52 volts, can anyone confirm this as all my packs are 52 volts and it will be a pain to have to change them.

I’m running at 48v 13s5p battery on my m500. Fully charged I have 54,6v.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Waynemarlow said:
Thanks,

My packs are all 58.6v fully charged, anyone tried it on this level ?

Not sure about the M500, but the M600 has definitely been run on 52v. I think, however, that some of the more recent firmwares prevent it from running at above 58?v or something like that, think there's more information earlier in this thread.

Ok tried to order a M500 from a couple of companies in China and they have come back with a 30 - 60 day order time, anybody know of any companies holding stock ?

https://california-ebike.com/shop/bafang-ultra-g510-custom-build-kit/

Guys,

Anybody had issue with Error 30 on their bikes? It came out on mine and tried all the usual fix like checking all connections. I even went as far as removing the main harness from the bike and connecting everything outside. Still no luck. Since we have 2 E-09s at home, I decided to swap out the parts one by one to check which component was at fault. From the display to the buttons switch and finally to the motor. I swapped out my motor to the other (working) bike and the error came out. It also caused the system to turn on by just inserting the battery, without actually pressing the power button. Put the working motor back and system is fine. Safe to say it's the motor that's faulty. 

Also wanted to know if anyone has had any experience dealing with warranty from Bafang directly since my bike came straight from Dengfu.

Thanks,
Walrus

I've had Error30 a couple of times, it locks up the display. I remove the battery and reinsert and then it's fine again.

Interestingly, both times was while watching the 'power' option on the display. when the display is sitting on 'trip' it seems to be ok.

I'm thinking firmware to do with the CANBus comms.... are your firmware versions the same (you can check in the display menus I think)

Error 30 is defined as "Communications Error"

Andy

Animalector said:
I've had Error30 a couple of times, it locks up the display. I remove the battery and reinsert and then it's fine again.

Interestingly, both times was while watching the 'power' option on the display. when the display is sitting on 'trip' it seems to be ok.

I'm thinking firmware to do with the CANBus comms.... are your firmware versions the same (you can check in the display menus I think)

Error 30 is defined as "Communications Error"

Andy

Yeah did that a couple of times (removing the battery) and it still turns on by itself then gets the same error. I can check the firmware for one of the as the other is kaput right now.

dentata said:
CiDi said:
I enclose the firmware for M600 43V from August 2020 and the firmware 48V from November 2019.
I think the 43V is better than the 48V even in a 48V system.

Has anyone successfully flashed a controller originally with 14.5 to 14.6? I just tried flashing with this 14.6 firmware and the motor would not turn on until it was flashed back to the original.
There is a small crowd of us on Luna's forums following your progress :)

Have you tried getting in touch with Bafang and getting the firmware from them directly? I am becoming less than confident that the whole "rename .bin to .txt and back" trick has worked out perfectly.

At this point, Luna has explained that the strange behavior of their M600s at lower PAS levels is a feature, not a bug. Now, I think some of us are hoping to move to Bafang's standard firmware, but the process seems very uncertain, and Luna also couldn't get this 14.6 version to work. I put in my own request to Bafang.

Hi, I'm new to this e-bike programming thing. I own an e-bike with a Bafang M400 (2020 edition) which has a CAN bus connector.
I hope this is not off topic, but this was one of the few places online with information about the Bafang CAN system.

I was wondering if any of the solutions in this thread (involving BESS software or the above CAN bus reader) would also work for changing the speed limit of a new M400?

dentata said:
CiDi said:
I enclose the firmware for M600 43V from August 2020 and the firmware 48V from November 2019.

Has anyone successfully flashed a controller originally with 14.5 to 14.6? I just tried flashing with this 14.6 firmware and the motor would not turn on until it was flashed back to the original.

I asked Bafang for the latest firmware for our motor, and this is what they got back to me with. Not even sure how to read that version, but there it is. If you still have the tool and are interested, maybe you can give it a shot. I posted this in the Luna forum thread too.

https://mega.nz/file/grYnCKKa#ncPZSpme-XWPk30zGEajSUN_9FNcZqbF8j5dR3mxWKo

The version and date are rather different than what we've been seeing, I'm not sure what to make of it.

CRX10NC4818i132046.6-28-2230-20200824-3.bin

It seems to match the motor format and voltage though. This is the info I provided to them:

Controller
Software CRX10NC4818i132014.5
Hardware CR X10N.500.FC 3.2

Torque sensor
Software SRPA212CF10101.0
Hardware SR PA21232ST.C 1.0

eskachig said:
dentata said:
CiDi said:

I asked Bafang for the latest firmware for our motor, and this is what they got back to me with. Not even sure how to read that version, but there it is. If you still have the tool and are interested, maybe you can give it a shot. I posted this in the Luna forum thread too.

https://mega.nz/file/grYnCKKa#ncPZSp...qbF8j5dR3mxWKo

The version and date are rather different than what we've been seeing, I'm not sure what to make of it.

CRX10NC4818i132046.6-28-2230-20200824-3.bin

It seems to match the motor format and voltage though. This is the info I provided to them:

Controller
Software CRX10NC4818i132014.5
Hardware CR X10N.500.FC 3.2

Torque sensor
Software SRPA212CF10101.0
Hardware SR PA21232ST.C 1.0

The link doesn't work, can you post the file directly? Just rename it ".txt"

Hi CiDi,
You mentioned using 43v M500 firmware in M600 motor.
Are there any complications with battery voltage and battery level % after update?
Have you noticed any other differences? (for better or worse?)
Thanks,

CiDi said:
Holy crap those wankers. (edit: turns out I'm the wanker)

I'm going to try again. I'm trying to avoid posting it as a txt, because something went wrong with the .bin files posted that way earlier - both Luna and a user here couldn't get them to work after that.

Link : https://mega.nz/file/grYnCKKa
Decryption key: ncPZSpme-XWPk30zGEajSUN_9FNcZqbF8j5dR3mxWKo

You can also PM me and I can email you the file. Or, does anyone else know a place that will host a .zip?

Edit: Ah, I see, somehow the link from earlier got shortened with an ellipsis in there. Should be https://mega.nz/file/grYnCKKa#ncPZSpme-XWPk30zGEajSUN_9FNcZqbF8j5dR3mxWKo (shows up with an ellipsis but should work now).

eskachig said:
CiDi said:
Holy crap those wankers. (edit: turns out I'm the wanker)

I'm going to try again. I'm trying to avoid posting it as a txt, because something went wrong with the .bin files posted that way earlier - both Luna and a user here couldn't get them to work after that.

Link : https://mega.nz/file/grYnCKKa
Decryption key: ncPZSpme-XWPk30zGEajSUN_9FNcZqbF8j5dR3mxWKo

You can also PM me and I can email you the file. Or, does anyone else know a place that will host a .zip?

Edit: Ah, I see, somehow the link from earlier got shortened with an ellipsis in there. Should be https://mega.nz/file/grYnCKKa#ncPZSpme-XWPk30zGEajSUN_9FNcZqbF8j5dR3mxWKo (shows up with an ellipsis but should work now).

I downloaded it from the Luna forum.
I have already loaded it on my motor M600 and tested it.
They seem to have solved the jerky operation problems.

Attachments

• CRX10NC4818i132046.6-28-2230-20200824-3.txt
    72.5 KB · Views: 97
Back