E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

Nice write up!
We will check with miranda to stock some in 160, Q0, what do you think about this size?
Do you run high or low position of the shock?
Adam

Thanks Adam,

I really like the shorter cranks on ebikes, the motor smoothes out the power pulses you'd normally get with a pedal bike at low cadences in slow technical going.

I'm not seeing much of a downside to the 152mn cranks, it just feels slightly different with your feet turning in smaller circles. just different not better or worse and I got use to it very quickly.

160mm qf:0 is a good compromise if you're concerned that 152mm is too short.

The one thing I'd like to change is on the higher PAS setting I'm not getting as much assistance as I like to. Is there a way to update the Silixcon to give some more boost with the shorter leverage cranks?

PS- I run the high setting with the flip chip

Great video Adam - I am building up my frame kit now and this has really helped.

One thing I was hoping to see is how battery base is fixed in place. It sits on a plastic spacer which also manages the cables. With this in place the screws supplied seem too short. I know it's a minor issue and I could just fit longer screws but I'm worried I'm missing something.

Also, finding room for the XT90 connectors is tough, is there any trick to that? I have made the battery side very short (5cm or so). Wondering if it should be longer to be able to tuck the connectors lower down.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20201105_081329.jpg
    20201105_081329.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,143
I found with my frame getting the battery holder and connector in place was a very tight fit with very little wriggle room. With the battery holder, make sure all your cables lie flat side by side, if the cables cross you won't be able to get the holder to sit flat and you run out of thread on those bolts, if you do get the bolts and nuts in, and if the cable cross under the battery holder, you can easily start to crush the cable or warp the holder.

Be patient and keep manoeuvring the cable into position until you can get all the cables in without too much resistance.

Many thanks for the guidance, I got it installed after some perseverance. By squeezing down on the holder I could just get the threads started. Seems the holder deflects a few mm when tightened down. The battery fits and everything lines up, its pretty snug but that's probably a good thing.

In addition to the em3ev 70 cell battery I also have the larger 90 cell Reention 'jumbo shark' case. I can confirm there's no way it will fit with a medium size frame.

Some details and sweet pictures about the new LMX 64T/64H ultimate editions :

preorder.lmxbikes.com

124703289_1502529553267453_4261573724207655777_o.jpg

Well it finally happened, my first belt snap!
DSC_6407.JPG
DSC_6408.JPG

Funny thing is, I wasn't even riding it! I let another forum member have a ride after I fixed up something for his FUTR Beta and he came back saying it makes a funny noise and has no power...it also has no belt. :lol: We back-tracked where he rode and found it on the street. :lol:

Anyway, after a very muddy, tough and technical (in parts) ride with Brian on the weekend I'm not surprised it snapped. I was wondering when it might happen for me and just really glad it didn't do it on the ride, far away from home!
Now I will fit my HP belt and hope it lasts longer, and will carry a spare from now on!

I might also see about getting a steel 15T front pulley made. Who would be interested in one if I did?

Cheers

bzhwindtalker said:
Some details and sweet pictures about the new LMX 64T/64H ultimate editions :

preorder.lmxbikes.com

That looks brilliant, just the spec I would have ordered! Although I might have gone for orange anodizing and white decals just to remind me of my KTM days ;) Just need to get my old house sold now and I might have some cash!

Cowardlyduck said:
Well it finally happened, my first belt snap!

I might also see about getting a steel 15T front pulley made. Who would be interested in one if I did?

Cheers

Thanks for your feedback,
How many kms did you get from it?
We changed some customer chaink kits recently, and they were 100% done at around 2000km.
With the belt you would only need to change the belt instead of the motor and wheel sprokets, and the chain.

I‘ve snapped my HP belt at 500km. Now I have HL belts. There are more expensive, but time will tell if they are worth it.

I want a 16Tooth pulley. Who else wants a 16 Tooth pulley?
I‘m sure this will not only bring more top end, increase the torque at low revs, but be longer lasting as the belt is not so tightly wrapped.
I want a 16 tooth pulley for my belt drive. My motor has never over heated, my motor has never struggled, my rear pulley shows no wear. It‘s always the front. bigger pulley please. Today on the old 14t pulley with my New HL belt slipped. I have a new 14t pulley but not yet installed, but give us the option for a 16 tooth. This easy for LMX to add to their spares. I want one. We had 12 and 14t sprockets For the chain. I have tried both. The 14t was the better sprocket the 12 was a little quieter, but with the belt we have no noise. 16 tooth Pulley please.
PS, The belt drive is absolutely perfect. I would never go back to the chain., So lets make it 16t. Oh and let‘s not forget how much I love the LMX. It‘s fantastic. It just needs at 16 tooth pulley. IMO.
PPS.I ride with. Normal e-bikes when we go to places where an ebike is not allowed and I ride enduro when I‘m alone. This bike allows you to do it all.That‘s what makes it so unbelievable. Give us a 16 tooth pulley. Who‘s on board.

Joe said:
I want a 16 tooth pulley for my belt drive. My motor has never over heated, my motor has never struggled, my rear pulley shows no wear. It‘s always the front. bigger pulley please.

The motor you have is it with 30mm stator or 40mm?

bzhwindtalker said:
We changed some customer chaink kits recently, and they were 100% done at around 2000km.
With the belt you would only need to change the belt instead of the motor and wheel sprokets, and the chain.
Not sure on the km, but maybe around 500km.
Good point about the parts needing replacement.

@Joe
I'm getting quotes for a run of 10 cnc'd 15T sprockets out of China. The 16T won't fit without removing the guard and maybe a longer belt, whereas the 15T should be a drop in replacement.

Cheers

madin88 said:
Joe said:
I want a 16 tooth pulley for my belt drive. My motor has never over heated, my motor has never struggled, my rear pulley shows no wear. It‘s always the front. bigger pulley please.

The motor you have is it with 30mm stator or 40mm?

I have the 30mm stator. I would change to the 40mm if I had too.

briangv99 said:
Joe said:
Now I have HL belts.

Hey Joe, where did you source the HL belt from?

Directly from optibelt. I suppose you need to have a business to be able to purchase.
https://www.optibelt.com/en/products/rubber-timing-belts/ Check the product catalogue for the HL strength.

Cowardlyduck said:
bzhwindtalker said:

@Joe
I'm getting quotes for a run of 10 cnc'd 15T sprockets out of China. The 16T won't fit without removing the guard and maybe a longer belt, whereas the 15T should be a drop in replacement.

CD, I‘ll take 4 or more of any 15t pulley you can make. One on the bike and a some for spares for the next few years.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
bzhwindtalker said:

@Joe

Cheers
count me in for a 15 T gonna switch in the future from chain to belt if there wil be a strong belt.

Ok, sounds like there is enough interest. I've asked for a few quotes at different quantities and will see what the price comes out at.

Based on prior experience doing this sort of thing it is likely to take 2-3 months at least. I've asked for them in regular unfinished steel to keep costs down. Is it worth getting them heat treated or with a color finish? Does anyone care about that?

Cheers

Joe said:
I have the 30mm stator. I would change to the 40mm if I had too.

If it never overheated than with the 40mm motor there would be 30% more torque available and you could change from 14T to a 18T (30% more teeth) which would increase lifetime of components many times and further reduce noise.
Belt length could be an issue as it could get in touch with the swingarm, this need be checked.

Cowardlyduck said:
Ok, sounds like there is enough interest. I've asked for a few quotes at different quantities and will see what the price comes out at.

Based on prior experience doing this sort of thing it is likely to take 2-3 months at least. I've asked for them in regular unfinished steel to keep costs down. Is it worth getting them heat treated or with a color finish? Does anyone care about that?

Cheers
Depend how much more cost for pait if to much then just regular unfinished.

Cowardlyduck said:
Is it worth getting them heat treated or with a color finish?
If heat treatment means that it will be hardened then it would be a good thing.

Back