KT Controller Intermittent cut out

GiantYukon

10 mW
Hey guys.
I bought a 45a KT controller for my 1500w Voilamart hub from csc on ebay. KT48ZWSRKTB-SJT02LB
Intermittently as I accelerate, with pedal assist or throttle, not always full throttle or level 5 pedal assist, happens with pedal assist 2 with weak assist strength of motor too, the power cuts out briefly and then comes back on. Not just from a standing start but also while I'm moving, and also when I just hold the back wheel up, with no load on the wheel.
My battery is 52v rated to 40A constant, with much higher bursts. Seems to be a reputable place, so I dont believe its the battery, especially since its intermittent, its hard to say how intermittent, but sometimes I throttle up 3 times and it happens, sometimes I throttle up 12 times and it happens. So I feel like that rules out battery since I can go full throttle 10 times and get no bad results.
I've tried different throttles, two different twists and two different thumb throttles, problem is still there, I've tried it with pedal assist not connected, still there, I've tried it with no throttle connected and pedal assist only and its still there.
I'm sure its the controller.
I started asking questions on facebook groups and I've found 3 other people with the same problem.
I messaged CSC and they suggested it was the soft start function, and asked for a video, its been over a week with no reply from them.
Anyone else with a similar problem? How did you fix it?

Thanks
David

Thanks, def not loose, as part of the trouble shooting I tried different combinations of phase wires, all bolted in tight, isolated.
I can confirm is not loose phase wires.

Does all power cut off? Like display blank and lights out? If so could be the battery BMS cutting power. If you can temporarily connect volt meter on the output of the battery you’ll see if it stays up or cuts out when the issue occurs

electric_nz said:
Does all power cut off? Like display blank and lights out? If so could be the battery BMS cutting power. If you can temporarily connect volt meter on the output of the battery you’ll see if it stays up or cuts out when the issue occurs
No, all other power stays on, its just the power to the motor it seems.

I got it figured out!

Changing L3 to 0 fixes the hesitation.
Setting it to 0 changes it to Non Hall mode when the sensor in the motor has failed. Except that I dont think my sensor has failed. Its a new voilamart motor, and my cousin with csc 1500w motor has the same issue out of the box, as do some other people I found on the diy ebike page.
Either way...problem solved!

Back