E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

The pedals likely felt very natural, doesn't mean they were actually contributing to the power output. Feels pretty natural on a big hub motor too but you really aren't doing much.

The Neematic principal in a lighter frame with a smaller motor and battery, would make a great starting point for LMX's next model.

TorEddy said:
The Neematic principal in a lighter frame with a smaller motor and battery, would make a great starting point for LMX's next model.

I think ebikes in general are a place where a central transmission would be a great idea.

Specifically since most electric motors need perhaps 2 gears, but human legs need 10-18 in order to function in their efficient range.
I believe the Pinion has 6 gears and then a high/low reduction. If the electric motor ran into that high/low reduction that would be a seamless integration.

scrambler said:
TorEddy said:

I agree, but they would have to find a place for a torque sensor...

Difficult with an off the shelf Pinion, but possible with an integrated design.

Grantmac said:
scrambler said:
TorEddy said:

I agree, but they would have to find a place for a torque sensor...

Difficult with an off the shelf Pinion, but possible with an integrated design.

I always wondered if it would be possible to use power meter cranksets for this:
https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/best-power-meters-for-cycling/

TorEddy said:
I always wondered if it would be possible to use power meter cranksets for this:
https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/best-power-meters-for-cycling/

Thanks for digging that one up TorEddy, so far my best bet was on pedal pressure sensors...

I will see if I can find out more about what interface these power meter crankset use and if they could potentially interface with a controller PAS Torque sensor inputs...

Cowardlyduck said:
I have a quote back and it's looking like I can do it for around $60USD plus postage per sprocket. This includes heat treatment and a black finish.
I should be able to reduce the price for anyone getting more than one sprocket.
Does that sound reasonable to others?
Cheers

I‘m fine with that. That means I could probably install in Spring or earlier. Can‘t wait.
I just sent you a PM. I‘ll pay in advance to help with the costs.
The LP belt is now over 100km, I’m running at full power 200amps and the 5000 value starting boost.
I‘ve one LP spare and I‘ll get a couple more after I go over the 500km. The HP belt is half the price of the LP belt and I got to 500km.
It will depend on whether or not the LP belt lasts longer. The HP belt would be the cheaper better method if I don‘t get at least 25% more.

Oops, I broke my derailleur hanger - that's the second one in a month. This one was my fault though - the first one was bashed in shipping, this one broke after the derailleur took a hit from a rock, jammed up in the spokes and broke the tensioning tab off :(

New hanger (and derailleur) required, ouch - I will put an order in with LMX for a couple of replacements, seems like a good idea to have a spare on hand.

As I'm placing an order I thought I'd get a programming cable for sw updates to the controller as Adam mentioned. I have the Silixcon controller - I can't see any socket to plug in from the outside - do I need to remove the motor to access it? Do I need the special cable or is it just a regular USB cable? The build video for the Ultimate edition LMX64 showed a connection port on the frame - is that a new update?

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• 20201124_101146.jpg
    20201124_101146.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,139
Grantmac said:
IGH is easy if you get rid of the LH sprag clutch, which isn't strictly necessary with some controller programming.

It actually requires some adapter, would only be possible with the future 170mm Kindernay (that I could find), and I went through this in details in the posts below :)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=100198&start=850#p1592212

scrambler said:
Grantmac said:
IGH is easy if you get rid of the LH sprag clutch, which isn't strictly necessary with some controller programming.

It actually requires some adapter, would only be possible with the future 170mm Kindernay (that I could find), and I went through this in details in the posts below :)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=100198&start=850#p1592212

Fair point. I didn't realize you can get other IGHs with 12mm axles.
Might be able to thread on some axle extensions perhaps but that gets janky.

Hi, I sold my old bike built on the Qulbix frame. Now I wonder if to buy / build the LMX-64. I don't know everything about him. I have a few questions, maybe someone knows:
-Does the frame set have a Silixcon 0840 controller for a battery of max 16s?
-Is the frame set programmed for a 14s battery, motor and display?
-If so, what are the overvoltage and undervoltage protections?
-If I buy a complete bike, do the brakes have a sensor that turns off the electric motor?
-If I buy a frame kit, how to connect the brakes?
-Does the LMX 64 electric motor have a 3x Hall sensor (like Qs205) or a sin / cosin rotary sensor (like Qs138)?
-How much energy is consumed on a flat bike path at 25 km / h (electric motor only)?
(my Qulbix - Mxus 3K, Sabvoton controller, Schwalbe 26 "/ 2.35, 2.5bar front tire, 19" / 2.50, 1.5bar Heidenau rear tire - ~ 325W ± 50W)
-LMX comes standard with the Shimano HG hub system for the 11s 11-50T cassette. Can the cylinder be replaced with the SRAM XD 11s 9-50T system? Or order the LMX with cylinder for sram XD?.

Hello CD,

I haven't followed the discussions here lately, what is the gain of swapping to a 15 tooth front sprocket?
More speed, less torque?

hkj said:
Hello CD,

I haven't followed the discussions here lately, what is the gain of swapping to a 15 tooth front sprocket?
More speed, less torque?
Yeah, pretty much. It also has less tight wrap on the belt so should help them last a bit longer.

I went with 15T as it's a drop in replacement. If we wanted 16T or higher it would require new belt, tensioner, and sprocket cover, so not really worth it IMO.

Cheers

It will be interesting to see how the reduction in torque feels on steep trails. Are we talking a big enough reduction to cause the motor to stall out on steep starts or will it more or less always be able to get you going from a stand still without pedal assistance?

benjamin84 said:
It will be interesting to see how the reduction in torque feels on steep trails. Are we talking a big enough reduction to cause the motor to stall out on steep starts or will it more or less always be able to get you going from a stand still without pedal assistance?
I don't think it's much reduction, but will report back my findings once I can test one.
One way to find out is with this:https://www.blocklayer.com/pulley-belt.aspx
I suspect it will be barely noticeable and easily counteracted with a slight increase in motor phase amps.

Cheers

Hi everyone. Is there many riders who use lmx64 in colder climate, like below 5C? I am asking this because i would like to know who has freewheel/clutch slipping problem when its cold? Desing of oneway bearing is so that operating temperature is 5..50C. When temp goes close 0C then ”nails” inside bearing cannot reach inner ring and not locking clutch.
This kind of slipping is very dangerous when riding, eg.you like lift front with throttle when approach wall/step and then clutch slips and you hit to wall/step. Or if you ride corner and suddenly you lose transmission you chrash. Its same like your chains get broken, you know..
Especially SCANDINAVIA USERS please give comments.

Scandinavia user reporting in, I usually go for a ride now and then in the winter but haven't really noticed the problem you describe. My bike is in a garage all year around at maybe 10/15 degrees and my rides are pretty short, around 1h. Maybe it isn't enough time to get properly cold?

On the other hand, I live at coast, maybe not cold enough?

Back