E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

Thanks. My rides starts from garage where temp 22C. Bike works fine until it reach outside temp eg.0C. Its very annoying if having eg. a break and then continuing ride and clutch dont lock at all. Only solution in that case is to use yellow warm water directly to clutch...:). I ve been thinking solution to this but it seems that its not so easy to solve.
My emergency solution is riding with locked clutch. I needed to modify freewheel so that it dosent rotate at all. Now noise from chain is coming all the time, but it is better than thinking all the time ”will my bike lift front when approaching step or wall”.
If anyone can have an idea how to keep clutch warm during ride, i would preciate those. Thank you in advance

For different reasons I would be interested in a way to lock up the clutch temporarily. I would like to play around with some light regen, but don't want to make any permanent changes to the clutch.
I'm thinking some kind of plastic part that locks the rear sprocket to the rear disc might be enough. If the regen load is light enough a 3D printed part might even work.
Cheers

Hi There,

Finally winter is here and so the time for me to go back to my battery project for my LMX64 M frame.

I finally decided to go for a 14s7P with Sanyo cells (10A 3350mAh)

The main reason is that with my supplied 14s5P with Samsung 35E cells (3500mAh / 8A), I have only 40A continuous output and on a steep hill it isn't enough to keep me going at 45km/h and so at the end of the hill I finish at 25km/h which is Meeehhh.

with a 7P and sanyo cells I will be able to pull 70A without a problem. Other Bonus I will have more range going from 17AH to 23Ah.
Currently after a 25km ride my battery is almost empty.

As you can see on the pictures I went for a battery in 2 parts to be able to install it in the frame.

I could go to 14S8P (even more) but I wanted to keep the standard battery mount (when I go to town I keep the standard battery with the locking mechanism)

It's only the beginning but I have the winter to make it right :)

lmx1.jpg
lmx3.jpg
lmx2.jpg

Ordered so far:

Supports on aliexpress
Battery connector to use on the existing battery support (Not sure yet if I will use it)
https://www.greenbikekit.com/jumbo-shark-battery-connector-5-pins.html
or Aliexpress
Anderson connector + 10AWG wire: amazon

Cells / heatshrink and nickel strips from nkon.nl:

lmx4.jpg

BMS choice: Smart ANT BMS 7s-16S 80/150A version on Ebay
picture for illustration purpose.
Smart-7S-20S-ANT-Lifepo4-li-ion-Lipo-LTO-carte-de-Protection-de-batterie-BMS-400A.jpg_q50.jpg

Hey guy's, it looks like Christmas has come early and I have 16 x 15T sprockets that just landed. :D
DSC_6458.JPG
DSC_6459.JPG

I have the following list of ES members that have asked for sprockets so far:
Cowardlyduck - 1
Joe - 4
croydon - 1
Rube - 1
Simonten - 1
TorEddy - 1
hut8 - 1
croydon - 1
Brianv99 - 1 (Maybe?)

That leaves 4 spare, so if anyone else wants one let me know.

As mentioned the price is $60 + $25 postage. That's in USD. If you send me payment by Tuesday (15th) I should be able to post them by Thursday (17th) next week, otherwise I might not be able to post them for a few weeks as I'm going away on holidays over Christmas.
To send payment, click this link and let me know your shipping address: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/BlakeHarvey/85usd
If anyone would prefer a proper paypal invoice I can do that also (I will just absorb the fee), just flick me a PM.

Cheers

Hi. My battery will come parallel with 14S5P battery. I am not using BMS in it, i measure balance with fluke. Maybe i will use ideal diode between batteries. I did one extra battery (hailong case) which i carry in backpack. This new will come for longer runs and will be connected same time with other. To have enough space i use 27.5” wheel in 29” fork78D4A470-A413-4D33-88CE-C7AFF2E6A32E.jpeg

Cowardlyduck said:
Hey guy's, it looks like Christmas has come early and I have 16 x 15T sprockets that just landed. :D
DSC_6458.JPG
DSC_6459.JPG

I have the following list of ES members that have asked for sprockets so far:
Cowardlyduck - 1
Joe - 4
croydon - 1
Rube - 1
Simonten - 1
TorEddy - 1
hut8 - 1
croydon - 1
Brianv99 - 1 (Maybe?)

That leaves 4 spare, so if anyone else wants one let me know.

As mentioned the price is $60 + $25 postage. That's in USD. If you send me payment by Tuesday (15th) I should be able to post them by Thursday (17th) next week, otherwise I might not be able to post them for a few weeks as I'm going away on holidays over Christmas.
To send payment, click this link and let me know your shipping address: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/BlakeHarvey/85usd
If anyone would prefer a proper paypal invoice I can do that also (I will just absorb the fee), just flick me a PM.

Cheers
payment send.wil do pm with shipping adres.

Mihei777 said:
Hi. My battery will come parallel with 14S5P battery. I am not using BMS in it, i measure balance with fluke. Maybe i will use ideal diode between batteries. I did one extra battery (hailong case) which i carry in backpack. This new will come for longer runs and will be connected same time with other. To have enough space i use 27.5” wheel in 29” fork78D4A470-A413-4D33-88CE-C7AFF2E6A32E.jpeg

Yeah, a below frame battery project :)

I has estimated only 14S4p would fit below on two rows when using honeycomb pattern
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=100198&start=800#p1589849

It looks like you are using just parallel rows and in that configuration it almost look like you could fit them all on just two rows if going higher up.

Two questions. Do you find two parallel rows leaves enough clearance for the front wheel?
Have you tried if just two rows but all the way up fits 14S 5P?

Thanks, congrats and keep us posted :)

Note I found the small device below that could be used to connect both battery in parallel
https://wattwagons.com/products/dual-battery-converter

Hi. I found that it can fit if 29” fork and 27,5” wheel. I have space with 29” 17cm and fork travel is 18cm, so with 27,5 it will be enough space. If not enough i will find myself on ground Over the bar..:).
I didnt want from bottom all way up because its limiting steering. Maybe i am not turning so much, but sometimes when riding enduro it needed to turn alot. I made cover from glassfibre (now drying). Tomorrow i make it smooth and some paint. Also some mounting things needed. Then it rocks.
5166AC03-166B-4F89-8348-149001186E4C.jpeg
These diodes works in my spezialized fine. Current peaks quite low..

scrambler said:
29" for with 27.5 wheel does change the geometry a bit though. No idea how significant :)

Measured difference is 15mm in radius. Should be enough. When using this parallel battery, there will be less jumps and hard riding. When riding enduro tracks i use one battery at the time, and then swapping to new when voltage around 46

Hi folks, good stuff has arrived in the mail and I started building

lmx1.jpg

Half a battery:

lmx2.jpg

Good news, it seems for my 14s7P Project it won't be necessary to make a 2 part battery, just make it like a parallelogram and you can slide it in the bike (still other tests to make)

lmx3.jpg

lmx4.jpg

Maybe this battery could slide in in a M frame
lmx5.jpg

Fitted my 15T sprocket. Fits like a glove.
DSC_6460.JPG
Old 14T on the left, 15T on the right.
DSC_6461.JPG
DSC_6462.JPG

I'll do some longer testing tomorrow, but it looks like it adds about 4-5kph to the top speed. My mode 2 is 100% speed, mode 3 is 150%.
DSC_6463.JPG
DSC_6464.JPG

I'm not noticing any reduction in torque so far. I'll test this further tomorrow and report back.

I will PM those who expressed interest previously as I suspect my post above didn't get noticed by everyone since I haven't had many responses.

Cheers

iacei said:
Good news, it seems for my 14s7P Project it won't be necessary to make a 2 part battery, just make it like a parallelogram and you can slide it in the bike (still other tests to make)
Seems to confirm what I had estimated
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=100198&start=825#p1590414

Much exciting work going on in here now:)

Just ordered a 15t pulley from CD, and I am excited to see that a 20s5p pack (72v, 17,5ah) would fit in the frame..
(looks like 100cells with BMS would need to be in two parts)

Good work guys!!!

Thanks to all those who have ordered a 15T pulley so far.
I got a chance to really test mine out on a weekend ride with Brianv99. He's still using the 14T as he prefers the extra torque over speed so it was a good direct comparison.

I found the 15T's increase in speed to be about 4-5kph, which doesn't sound like much, but I really noticed (and liked) it a lot. It reminded me of the top end of my old Stealth Fighter where things would start to get really exhilarating with the speed you could work up on firetrails and service roads. I found I didn't feel like I wanted any more speed, where as on the 14T I always felt like it was topping out just short of what I wanted.

As for the torque, I barely noticed it decreasing at all. Keep in mind I am running a Nucular with 200 phase amps, but I found the torque to be more than enough to get up even the steepest crazy stuff where it's a struggle to keep the front wheel down. My motor didn't seem to get much hotter either, maybe 1-2C more than before, but that could just be down to ambient differences.

So to summarise, the 15T seems to be exactly what we were hoping for. Now only time will tell if it really helps make the belts last longer.

I still have 4 available. If anyone else wants one flick me a PM.

Cheers

iacei said:
Hi folks, good stuff has arrived in the mail and I started building

lmx1.jpg

Half a battery:

lmx2.jpg

lmx3.jpg

lmx4.jpg

Maybe this battery could slide in in a M frame
lmx5.jpg

Hi. These battery projects seems to be quite popular. I like to share my experience. I have been testing different battery versions, like ”higher capacity” version (2x871Wh) and ”returning home battery”. Also spare battery replacing original.
Problem with batteries is weight and how its placed. I think best is of course spare battery, but problem is how to carry it. Then higher capacity battery 2x871Wh where other is placed below of original battery is ok ( i think its best place for it), but still it affect riding quite alot. I think more worse would be place it between battery and upper beam (like in this project). Battery weight affect so much more to bike handling if it is not in lowest point. Especially when moving bike sideways it alot of harder and slower
With this 1742Wh battery its ok to ride but not same at all like if only original set up. Lifting front is harder when more weight in there. Going over the rocks is no problem (not touching ground)

It is all about balance and what you want. When riding hard, i choose original set up. When going far i choose 2xparallel. When going motocross track, i take spare batteries with me. And one which i like is return battery, which is only 2P14S. This is enough light and will help when going home and original battery dead.

Brianv99 and I were discussing the battery weight a bit on our weekend ride and he pointed out that if you maximise the size of the battery and ditch the standard shark case 7P is about the same weight as 5P.
We think it should be possible to fit vertically stacked cells and maybe fit 2 layers of 14S7P. If that was possible, it would be ideal to have one 7P layer permanently in the frame, and just add the second when needed.
This is total speculation...but so is everything else on here so far. :p

Oh and btw...I now only have 3 15T sprockets left.

Cheers

Just an update on the 15T sprockets, they are all gone (pending payment for the last 3).
I have kept one spare myself and one forum member bought 4, so if anyone missed out and they are really desperate, there might be options if you ask nicely. :)

I will be sending out tracking info to those who bought them tonight/tomorrow.

Cheers

Hi battery builders,
I build battery 14S5P under bottom tube. Batteries in top 2 overlapping and bottom 4. 63956B1F-45C8-4D52-B7FC-B09CA2AF297F.jpeg
This way if you use 29” fork and 27.5” wheel you have enough space for wheel in bottom of travel
F8B19AE6-43DE-4683-B520-FDA2DC929E36.jpeg. I think this is best place for parallel battery 2x841Wh.

Back