Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

:bigthumb: I have not had other controllers allowing such customization of settings and with such simplicity thanks to access from the LCD screen. This is also why for me it is the best.

If he bought surron "plug n play" its only wire related.
IF you are new to that you'll expect that at minimum the keyswitch is enabled/working. Simple fix in Extra Parameters but as i said if you are new, your lost.

j bjork said:
If I remember correct it says about 20kw, I guess it is just to give people a number.
There is no 20kw limit. With the "right" setup you can probably reach 30kw, maybe more.

And 300A is not the limit, you can set the controller to 400A. But you can only set the battery for 350A discharge, but there is a boost where I think you can get the missing 50A. I dont remember exactly, it is some time since I messed with it. There might be some changes in recent updates too.

wow, so in reality 350 battery amps, 500 phase amps, thats around 30kw for me!

...dont forget your voltage drop under load ;)

if you squeeze 350A out of a battery expect a 12-15v+ drop on a fresh charge.

but yes. no matter what voltage your running, 350A is possible. I did with my tiny LMX Motor :D

I’ll be a beta tester for the light module......that thing is almost as cool as your controller......maybe cooler!

My pre order has been in for like ever.

Tom

I searched wiki and also this thread, but could not find any information what connector should I buy to connect throttle to the display. I received my 24F last february but just now started to use it and I bought it without these extra connectors.
Can someone give me excact product for these. Also found reading this thread, that I should replace halls+motor temp connector to some ip68 version, can someone link these also.

The connectors are supplied with the controller.

PITMIX said:
The connectors are supplied with the controller.
If I had these, I would't ask :)
My question was where can I bought these, does someone have a link or something similar?

PHD 2.0 4P connector — 4 pcs.
PHD 2.0 6P connector — 1 pcs.
PHD 2.0 8P connector — 1 pcs.
Pins for crimping — 26 pcs.
Source:
https://nucular.tech

upek said:
How long do I need to wait for 12f controller currently?

For reference, I've been waiting since May 2020 for a 12F, which will put the wait at about 1 year or so based on the latest projections.

nuxland said:
If I had these, I would't ask :)
My question was where can I bought these, does someone have a link or something similar?
You are really unlucky they come with all the controllers, unless you specifically ask not to have them.
You can find it here :
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BOhQl9

nuxland said:
I searched wiki and also this thread, but could not find any information what connector should I buy to connect throttle to the display. I received my 24F last february but just now started to use it and I bought it without these extra connectors.
Can someone give me excact product for these. Also found reading this thread, that I should replace halls+motor temp connector to some ip68 version, can someone link these also.
PHD 2.0 connectors, it the kit with Display these connectors. You received this with your parcel (in the pack with GoPro mount for the display).

vanturion said:
upek said:
How long do I need to wait for 12f controller currently?

For reference, I've been waiting since May 2020 for a 12F, which will put the wait at about 1 year or so based on the latest projections.
Unfortunately, we have big delays with 12F.

Hi everyone!
We have completed the development of the lighting controller uLight and put together the first batch, which we will soon start sending out to previously placed pre-orders. Kits in stock and available for ordering.

In the kit:
uLight controller
PHD 2.0 4P connector — 4 pcs.
PHD 2.0 6P connector — 4 pcs.
Power wires 22AWG 2x200 mm with connectors XH 2.54 2P — 6 pcs.
Power wires 22AWG 300 mm with pins, crimped on both sides — 8 pcs.
Wires 26AWG 300 mm with pins, crimped on both sides — 20 pcs.

Price — 48 USD

Detailed specifications, photo, video review, and connection scheme are here https://nucular.tech/#uLight

I hope it's not a dumb question but...

I see you can charge through the controller. The 24F says up to 10kw continuous and 300 battery amps. Does this mean it's possible to charge using 10kw (or close to that)? For example using 250+ amps for a 36v system, or would it cause problems for the controller?

I understand most batteries can't do this, I just want to know if the controller itself can handle it because I'm not sure.

There are many variables that will affect efficiency of the boost charger but as a rule of thumb, the bigger the difference between the input and output voltage is, the larger losses will be dissipated as heat. The wider the spread is, the higher the duty cycle needs to be to boost to the voltage to the required battery voltage. That means more switching losses.

I've tested phase motor charging on my controller (24F, one leg (4 mosfets) used for charging) and it gets to about 40C boosting from 50v to 106v at 17A input current running via QS205 coils. However, the heat/losses are not linear with current increase. Shouldn't be a problem if controller and motor temperature are tracked and there is power roll back mechanism in place.

Hi All,
Newbcular here. Got my controller a few weeks ago! All wired up in the bike except the brake and throttle. I plugged it in and turned it on, first thing I did was push the on/off on the back......no response. Anxious to get going, can anyone tell me, do I need to get into settings for the button to work? I'm sure I could find an answers after scrolling for days. I was counting on this feature so if its gotta do a trip to Russia, I'm in a hurry to know
Another Q.. can someone tell me what the connectors on the back of the computer are and can ya put me on a tutorial to put em together? I'm 68 and can barely see em.
Thanks much and I promise I'll be back with many more Qs

Thanks V,
I've got my on /off!
I'm hung up on these little connectors for brake, throttle, etc. I'm convinced, that I could never build that tiny connector myself. Does anyone know of a pigtail I could buy?

@Douglashart Look that :
https://a.aliexpress.com/_uZD2TT

Hi Guys

Just watned to give shoutout to VasiliSK and team at Nucular i was one of the first to get the 12F and had it since 2019 on Stealth P7R with Mxus 3k 20S

I must say its still going strong and best controller i have ever used so solid and best forum and documentation and support i have recieved on my Ebike journy, I have been though few software upgrades and had no issues to date other then trying to figure out the many config options, Well done to Team just want to tell everyone how much i love my Controller, and if your waiting its well worth the wait.

Cheers Cheeko

Back