jóhnnY's troubleshooting thread

jóhnnY1

1 µW
Ok, so I currently have a 3000W with a 72V 26ah Samsung lithium and an 80A controller..
I purchased a Risun 5000W rear wheel with a Sabvoton 150A controller and the TFT750 display..
My question is,,, will I be able to use my 72V 26ah battery with the new motor and controller as the battery's BMS is only 80A.
Thanks...

jóhnnY said:
Ok, so I currently have a 3000W with a 72V 26ah Samsung lithium and an 80A controller..
I purchased a Risun 5000W rear wheel with a Sabvoton 150A controller and the TFT750 display..
My question is,,, will I be able to use my 72V 26ah battery with the new motor and controller as the battery's BMS is only 80A.
Thanks...
You'll need to reprogram the new controller's current limit to be lower than the BMS's limit, or risk damage or destruction to the BMS (and possibly, even probably, the cells themselves), as the battery isn't designed to handle the nearly-double power of your new controller. This will basically make your new system operate just like your old one, as it wont' have any more power than the old one did.

Since that's probably not why you spent all that money on new stuff, then alternately you can buy a second battery identical to the one you have, and put them both on there in parallel (once charged to full), so that together they can handle that new double-power controller.

Otherwise, you'll need to replace the whole battery (cells and BMS) with a completely new one designed to handle the new double-power controller.

Or use it as-is until something fails, either the BMS or the cells. (either of which could result in a battery fire depending on what goes wrong, and when, and how. The risk of fire is very low, but the consequences are very very bad).

jóhnnY said:
Bunch of useless bitches!!!!

Your post is right where you originally put it.

Maybe you should try looking at your posts, in your own profile, before you act like an asshole to the people trying to help you.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=77225
The part where it says: "Total posts: 2 | Search user’s posts", just click the "Search user's posts" part.

BTW, I merged your new thread with your first one, so anyone else coming along to help you can see what you're really like, and decide if it's worth dealing with you before they bother.

I have a 72/150A controller with the TFT750 display running a 5000W Risun motor..
When I turn the throttle, it goes one speed until half throttle then goes a higher speed, and stays that speed from mid to full throttle..
How do I set it up so the speed increases gradually as I twist the throttle a bit at a time?
I am using the android app on my phone to access the parameters menu..
Thanks..

Back