N.E.S.E. the no solder module

john61ct said:
Do you mean more than two months or something?

Did you ask for a quote on express carrier?

He is a spammer. He started asking me for dimensions back in 2019.10.10 then came back with the same questions 2020.02 then 2020.05 then 2020.11 and finally 2020.12
He's like, asking whats the difference between 18650 and 21700? :roll:
I need to post hes PM messages here for a laugh :lol:

mark 324 said:
I ordered 1 module and its so long takes delivery dude u most joking !!!!!!!!
Any sensible purchaser will realize that shipping during the pandemic has been a constant issue. You were clealy told there could be delays. I'm waiting on an order, but remember when I did there was a backlog of orders waiting for parts.

The point being, take the whining elsewhere. All good things come in time.

tomjasz said:
mark 324 said:
I ordered 1 module and its so long takes delivery dude u most joking !!!!!!!!
Any sensible purchaser will realize that shipping during the pandemic has been a constant issue. You were clealy told there could be delays. I'm waiting on an order, but remember when I did there was a backlog of orders waiting for parts.

The point being, take the whining elsewhere. All good things come in time.

He never purchased anything from me. I have doublechecked and there were no orders going to Ireland. I think he mentioned some time ago to maybe get couple samples but it ended there. I think he is a bit ill.

ok so its really hard for me to tell, i checked the website and glanced at the first and last few pages...Are there any modules that are just series and 1p? Like for guys That may want an alternative to rc Lipos on a low voltage application with say, 6x21700s or something? I've got a couple situations with things I would like that for, like my kids power wheels

Manbeer said:
ok so its really hard for me to tell, i checked the website and glanced at the first and last few pages...Are there any modules that are just series and 1p? Like for guys That may want an alternative to rc Lipos on a low voltage application with say, 6x21700s or something? I've got a couple situations with things I would like that for, like my kids power wheels
Only series modules i have is 2S. Lowest parallel group is 2P.

Hi All,

I recently bought some hardware for the NESE modules and I am very happy!

I received the hardware in just 2 weeks (a totally acceptable timeframe for me) and I live in Canada. The hardware was well packaged.

I then printed the modules in PETG on my older 8-bit 3D printer and even using my own settings (0.3mm layer height) instead of the recommended ones, I was able to get decent results 8).
Note my modules are not perfect and this is definitely my fault for not using the recommended settings for 3D printing :D .

Some pictures:

spuzzete said:
Hi All,

I recently bought some hardware for the NESE modules and I am very happy!

I received the hardware in just 2 weeks (a totally acceptable timeframe for me) and I live in Canada. The hardware was well packaged.

I then printed the modules in PETG on my older 8-bit 3D printer and even using my own settings (0.3mm layer height) instead of the recommended ones, I was able to get decent results 8).
Note my modules are not perfect and this is definitely my fault for not using the recommended settings for 3D printing :D .
Thank you for the photos.
0.3mm probably shaved off a lot of printing time :)
If it works, its all good
p.s. i love the machine, like its built on wood board, reused PC PSU and still gets job done. I love the philosophy of reuse, repurpose, rebuild

agniusm said:
Thank you for the photos.
0.3mm probably shaved off a lot of printing time :)
If it works, its all good
p.s. i love the machine, like its built on wood board, reused PC PSU and still gets job done. I love the philosophy of reuse, repurpose, rebuild

No worries :D .

Yes, at 0.3mm it saves time. It took about 2.5hrs for the base and 1.5hrs for the lid. I used my own settings mainly because they're optimized for PETG (almost no stringing). My printer is very "primitive" compared to the newer ones but hey, it works well enough for my needs, I don't need to buy a new one yet 8)

The prices for the modules have been updated. All prices are now lower and in some cases significantly.

26650 modules are now available for purchase

Information on each module(size, weight) have been updated.
See "Additional Information" on product page

5b2eeb1d118534afae551a0bf6bb4a038fa0fff9_2_666x500.jpeg

LewTwo said:
Interesting but no 32650 or 32700 modules ... yet?
Those sizes could be bought with welded threaded studs. They are too big and rare to be feasible.
I have no further plans to make any other sizes, this is it :)

agniusm said:
LewTwo said:
Interesting but no 32650 or 32700 modules ... yet?
Those sizes could be bought with welded threaded studs.

That tends to double the cost of the cells :shock:
No harm in asking ... thanks for the reply.

The idea of using 3xxxx cells for a 1P pack is very appealing, but i also don't know of any decent cells in that size.
I don't know of a 26650 that is worth using other than A123's cells.

Offerings in the 3xxxx size are even more scant.

Agnuism, it's cool you are ahead of the game by making these larger cell format versions of your product.
Hopefully the market catches up with your innovation. :)

neptronix said:
The idea of using 3xxxx cells for a 1P pack is very appealing, but i also don't know of any decent cells in that size.
I don't know of a 26650 that is worth using other than A123's cells.

Offerings in the 3xxxx size are even more scant.

Agnuism, it's cool you are ahead of the game by making these larger cell format versions of your product.
Hopefully the market catches up with your innovation. :)

Thanks. I hope so too. Its always hard to swallow that first price pill but i have many customers who order again and again. I am guessing, they dont want to spend that much time welding :)

For anyone who is curious about what these modules could be used for besides an ebike, there are a lot of children's toy electric cars that run off of a pair of lead-acid wheelchair batteries for 24V.

A seven-cell in series pack of 18650s of the same volume of the original 2S SLA PACK would run twice as long as the original pack.

One guy found a pink barbie Jeep in the trash with dead batteries. He spray painted it in Army camo green/brown and put in a lithium 7S pack. His son LOVED it.

Portable powerpacks run a stereo for parties out in the wilderness

Mothership House bank, subset swapped out for powering the dinghy

Take ashore camping on a deserted island

build a shack put up a few panels, power tools

back home, use for power outages

bring along on the camper / trailer / RV / expo truck.

spinningmagnets said:
For anyone who is curious about what these modules could be used for besides an ebike, there are a lot of children's toy electric cars that run off of a pair of lead-acid wheelchair batteries for 24V.

A seven-cell in series pack of 18650s of the same volume of the original 2S SLA PACK would run twice as long as the original pack.

One guy found a pink barbie Jeep in the trash with dead batteries. He spray painted it in Army camo green/brown and put in a lithium 7S pack. His son LOVED it.

Yes, i did that too, couple pages back, 7p, only i converted a pedal car. Also have couple customer who used them for same reason

8DHOuDM.jpg

CpA8AIy.jpg

Also have customers using them for video/photo shooting, diy robotic movers, underwater scooters, car audio, elektric skateboards, electric hydrofoils

john61ct said:
Portable powerpacks run a stereo for parties out in the wilderness

Mothership House bank, subset swapped out for powering the dinghy

Take ashore camping on a deserted island

build a shack put up a few panels, power tools

back home, use for power outages

bring along on the camper / trailer / RV / expo truck.

So, do you have a NESE battery build?

No, have mod ideas that might work for me but OT for the thread, OP already stated they are not interested.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

john61ct said:
No, have mod ideas that might work for me but OT for the thread, OP already stated they are not interested.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Does not mean you cant get CAD files from me, do modifications you need and print yourself or ask your friend or get in touch for custom order :)

Hi All,

quick question regarding dimensions if I may:

The 5p 21700 module is listed as 119.4 tall. Is that the full length including terminals or just the length of the housing?

Thanks

Back