5000w kit

Mark5000

10 µW
Hello everyone. Newbie problem here. I've built a 5000w bike. 72v 38ah battery. All from China lol. The problem is the bike will not go over 2700w. The kit seller has stopped replying to me now. So I'm at a loss. Any ideas? Mark

Just to add. It's a sw900 display and the last thing I had from the seller was check p14 which I did. It has numbers from 1 to 50. Non of these numbers if changed make any difference..

Mark5000 said:
I've built a 5000w bike. 72v 38ah battery. The problem is the bike will not go over 2700w.
What load are you placing on the system? Meaning, what specific conditions are you riding under?

If you don't put more than 2700w worth of load on it, it won't use more power than that. (we have had people build higher power bikes that don't realize this, and are not using their system hard enough to draw that much power).

Regarding other possibilities, we'd need more info. Please link the specific page each item was purchased from, so that we can see all of the information they have on it and won't have to get each piece of info from you one at a time. Listing all of the settings in the display may also help us help you find the problem. Showing a complete diagram of how you have it actually wired could also help (not whatever the seller provides), preferably also with pictures of the high-current connections you have actually made (phase wires from motor to controller, battery to controller).

What load are you placing on the system?

Interesting to see what the situation is. Remember playing with throttle ramps on my first CA. I could vary the displayed power peaks from about the values the OP's is seeing to over 8KW just by setting a steeper throttle voltage gain. Flat ground with as much throttle as I could control from a slight roll. That was a eye opener for me.

20210301_152527_resized.jpg20210301_152516.jpg20210301_152501.jpg

Hello. Here's a few photos. The load is full throttle up a fairly steep hill near my home. The kit is from suring off alibaba. The battery is off aliexpress via gtk batteries.

Back