Bafang M500/M600 thread

Daxxie said:
CiDi said:
To use the BESST interface without having a Bafang account, follow these instructions:

The line: ip_lookup = socket.gethostbyname('besst-api.yuntick.com') in the script points to an invalid domain.
Making the script useless.

I really need to calibrate some Bafang Ultra controllers but never saw that option in the software when it worked.
Does anyone know the correct procedure for sensor calibration?

posi.jpg

Why you speak about ultra in M500/600 thread ? what is common except the interface tool with bafang application ? it is also CAN bus ? It seem it have a lot of confuse with all bafang motor, May be it will be more clear for everybody to segregate it in one threads for each motor. example M500 and M600, i do not thik they have the same software/setting/hardware ? It is not a critical, but it is very difficult to isolate the right information for our motor (for somebody not fluent in english).

patdam said:
Why you speak about ultra in M500/600 thread ? what is common except the interface tool with bafang application ? it is also CAN bus ? It seem it have a lot of confuse with all bafang motor, May be it will be more clear for everybody to segregate it in one threads for each motor. example M500 and M600, i do not thik they have the same software/setting/hardware ? It is not a critical, but it is very difficult to isolate the right information for our motor (for somebody not fluent in english).

Its the same software and the same problem.
But OK
Let me rephrase my question then:

The line: ip_lookup = socket.gethostbyname('besst-api.yuntick.com') in the script points to an invalid domain.

I really need to calibrate Bafang M500 controller but never saw that option in the software when it worked.

hi

is somebody have an schema of speed sensor wiring ? i have purchase one but it have not the same connector of the M500. If i can avoid to cut mine to see, it would suit me.

thanks for your help

How do you guys repair your motors? is there any document or website with a manual of the motor for the repairs?

And where can we buy the repair parts of inside the motor at cheap prices??

Animalector said:
I don't believe you can easily find parts. What has failed for you? What art do you need?
I did not yet buy this motor, I am evaluating what could be the costs to repair / maintenance -- how do you guys do for repair / maintenance?

[/quote]
I did not yet buy this motor, I am evaluating what could be the costs to repair / maintenance -- how do you guys do for repair / maintenance?
[/quote]

This is a problem for the moment. fortunatly low failures with it. But those have one have great difficult to find support and spare parts. In opposite of BBS it seem that bafang chose to "close" the soft, alike other "big" motor manufacturers (to interest brands with reseau of dealer ?).

That i have understand:
We can not personalize or check the functional parameters. Only update firmware, for that it is necessary to have bafang interface "BEEST tool" and personal password to perform job (login to bafang site). This tool is normaly reserved to manufacturer and her dealers.
The M600 is used all around the world and it seam a little bit more easy to find help. But for the M500 (european rule compatible), as no bicycle brand use it, impossible mission for a customer to solve possible problems.
May be i am wrong ? and any contradictive information are welcome.

To compensate this negative advice, i whould say that i trust in bafang to do necessary for the succes of this motor. i love it a lot, very noisless, very efficient, solidly designed rather than lightly and the only one who allow to use throtlle for walk assist

Hi Guys,

can someone measure the exact dimensions of the m500 or m600.I have some frames for e8000 shimano and i am wondering if somehow i can make the m500 or m600 to fit the frame.

Here some pictures from the framesshimano1.JPGshimano2.JPG

These are the measurements of the M500/M600

Attachments

• 768F1CF3-88B7-4968-98A4-A1053E4CB36E.png
    768F1CF3-88B7-4968-98A4-A1053E4CB36E.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 2,757
  • 76FAF1BA-6C74-4B62-8ED3-D879085F5107.png
    76FAF1BA-6C74-4B62-8ED3-D879085F5107.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 2,757
  • B45D3709-ABC7-4DDC-A11C-293583F7C927.png
    B45D3709-ABC7-4DDC-A11C-293583F7C927.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 2,757
patdam said:
Daxxie said:
CiDi said:
To use the BESST interface without having a Bafang account, follow these instructions:

I really need to calibrate some Bafang Ultra controllers but never saw that option in the software when it worked.

posi.jpg

Try this modified file

Attachments

• Bafang.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 223
Can anyone help? finally got the python script working (thanks Cidi for working script) and can access software using besst tool. My bike wont turn on but when i connect the besst tool the bike it turns on and all works ok as soon as I disconnect tool it shuts off again. Was thinking changing or reinstalling firmware (am on 46.6) might solve problem. However when installing firmware everything is fine till I load the file on the tool and get the single beep, at this point the bike shuts off and when i disconnect the bike to finish the firmware install nothing happens (I'm guessing because the bike is off) and the only way to get it on again is to press reset on the tool which starts the whole process all over again! Anyone? Help?

Gicker said:
Can anyone help? finally got the python script working (thanks Cidi for working script) and can access software using besst tool. My bike wont turn on but when i connect the besst tool the bike it turns on and all works ok as soon as I disconnect tool it shuts off again. Was thinking changing or reinstalling firmware (am on 46.6) might solve problem. However when installing firmware everything is fine till I load the file on the tool and get the single beep, at this point the bike shuts off and when i disconnect the bike to finish the firmware install nothing happens (I'm guessing because the bike is off) and the only way to get it on again is to press reset on the tool which starts the whole process all over again! Anyone? Help?

What does it mean that the bike does not turn on?
Doesn't it work when connected normally?
When you connect the tool for updating, after reading the controller serial, turn off the bike. Load the update on the interface and then turn the bike back on. Once the procedure is finished, push the button on the interface.

Hello guys.

An observation.

That InnoMaker USB to CAN software does not work properly (Chinese crap again). It does not sending commands out.
I was somehow connecting and disconnecting CAN and then by luck it send out.

Connect M600 and turn on, click open device (u should see frames reading), then click Send (it wont send out anything), then I unplugged CAN and plugged again and it sent my command even when I not pressed Send button again. You should see green line.

Hi,

I added a shift sensor to the derailleur line, but I don't notice any change.
Can anyone confirm the correct connection?
Is it necessary to activate it somehow? (BESST)

Attachments

• 20210306_130239.jpg
    20210306_130239.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 2,346
  • 20210306_130246.jpg
    20210306_130246.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 2,346
JBC said:
Hi,

This is the Bafang diagram.
I also tried to connect the gear sensor, but it doesn't work.
Finally I plugged a normal bbs sensor into the brake sensor connector.

Attachments

• Bafang Diagram.png
    Bafang Diagram.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 2,328
Gicker said:
Turns out it was a faulty controller.

Hi, I had a similar problem to you.
From the display the bike does not turn on, if I connect the BESST interface it turns on and everything works.
I got to try another display and everything works fine.
The display appears to be dead, but it is strange that with the interface attached it works.
I ordered a new diaplay, in the meantime, I ride a bike with the BESST interface attached powered by a power bank.
You solved by changing the controller?

JBC said:
Hi,

Hi, the center connection is for brake cables. Connector that is in the most rear position is for the shift sensor. To connect shift sensor you will need a cable that has two connections - one for wheel speed sensor and separate connector for shift sensor.
Attached is a picture of the cable, this one has old style speed sensor connector (3 pin). New motors have 4 pin speed sensor connector. Shift sensor goes into connector with arrow.

Attachments

• m600 wheel speed sensor wire old speed sensor.jpg
    m600 wheel speed sensor wire old speed sensor.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 2,226
Adam271226 said:
JBC said:
Hi,

Hi, the center connection is for brake cables. Connector that is in the most rear position is for the shift sensor. To connect shift sensor you will need a cable that has two connections - one for wheel speed sensor and separate connector for shift sensor.
Attached is a picture of the cable, this one has old style speed sensor connector (3 pin). New motors have 4 pin speed sensor connector. Shift sensor goes into connector with arrow.

I confirm that connected correctly on the Y cable, the shift sensor does not work.
I preferred to connect it to the brake sensor cable.

On besst I have not seen anything related to the activation of the shift sensor.

I enquired with Bafang regarding the gear / shift sensor and they issued a statement saying it does not work and neither the light cables work. They did say the brake sensors work and I am guessing there would be no reason why one could not branch out of the brake sensors using splitters to also connect the gear sensor cables.

I am waiting on my brake sensors from Bafang to try this out.

derekjames said:
I enquired with Bafang regarding the gear / shift sensor and they issued a statement saying it does not work and neither the light cables work. They did say the brake sensors work and I am guessing there would be no reason why one could not branch out of the brake sensors using splitters to also connect the gear sensor cables.

I am waiting on my brake sensors from Bafang to try this out.

I confirm that the shift sensor does not work, the light cable, coupled to the display cable, works correctly.

Hello everybody,

My bike is powered with Bafang M500.
When I connect InnoMaker between display and motor I manage to send info to bike. On the info page on diplay is speed limit 60km/h and graphic is displaying 60 km/h. I close the device and connect display amd motor directly and everything is still O.K. When I turn power off and on again, speed is reverting to 55km/h. What am I doing wrong. Please help.

Attachments

• InnoMaker.JPG
    InnoMaker.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 2,081
Back